Advice

>Advice
>conversation
>wisdom from the ages
>tarot readings
>stuff to win

It's time once again night owls, across-the-pond anons and graveyard shifters.
All the above is offered or if you just want to ask a therapist something and never had the chance, tonight's your night.

For odd dubs you'll get a Greek quote channeled through my 3rd eye on behalf of Alcibiades.
For even dubs you'll get a Buddhist quote channeled directly from Byakuren.
Put
>tarot
at the top of your post for a simple tarot card reading. Ask a question of the cards if you like!

As always I've rolled 8 random numbers from 000-999. First person to roll one in post gets $20 in $te@m credit!

E>

hello darling.

ohmai, speak of the monk

Saying a sleepy hello

you know I can't stay away from you for long.
though I will actually get a bit of sleep now. please be kind to your visitors for me, alright?

Hello darlings!

I'll do my best! You know I can be so cruel!
sleep well~

>tarot

I just want to see what the cards have to say.

It's been some time since I've sat in on one of these, but I thought I'd come visit.

>that thing I don't have! (Lovers)
You will be fruitful in relationships. Not only romantic but platonic and business. Also, it could spell better inner peace and balance.

I see. I don't believe we've met before, but I'm always happy to see old friends drop in. How are you this night/morning.... it's all relative.

HeyHey!

That doesn't seem very helpful. I don't have any romantic, platonic or business relationships. Also I think I topped out on inner peace and balance a long time ago.

It's an interesting card, I guess.

You've met me, though I have many masks to wear. I'm doing good this morning, though it might as well be night. Apparently I've been reminded that even I can still do something good, on occasion.

>I have many masks to wear.

That's dumb.

It's dumb until it isn't, my friend. For every mask has a reason, and most of those reasons are good.

ahh I'm sorry, mayhap it's be the beginning of new relationships. Then again. It's a card ^ ^

top of the morning to you sunshine!

ooh, how mysterious. I might have my guesses. If they were right or wrong you're welcome here anytime ^ ^

Thanks, I'll visit when I can. For now I should sleep, though.

>ahh I'm sorry, mayhap it's be the beginning of new relationships. Then again. It's a card ^ ^

Don't apologize for the cards. Anyway, it's all in good fun. I wasn't expecting to get any new insight from what the cards told me.

I just like things that are decided by chance. Or I guess you could say I like to take my chances.

I don't know why I'm talking about myself so much but I guess it's okay in this thread.

>Tarot
Heyo, trying for that rng luck

Alrighty. Have a good rest. In a month or so it's likely these threads will go to a earlier time. I'll be leaving night shift behind.

Certainly is. It can be exciting leaving things to luck. Just everything in balance of course.
What sort of ventures have you embarked upon recently?

coming right up!

>What sort of ventures have you embarked upon recently?

I haven't had a venture in years. I'm just waiting to die, really. Life was good but I feel like I've lived my fill of it, you know?

It's like when you've completed something and the result is absolutely satisfying. That's the way I feel about my life.

If repeating digits this stuff is absolute bullshit.

>Loz: 4 Swords adventure -1 dead link
You are headed for a time of trials. Pain and heartbreak loom. Do not despair though. It is times like these that build that ever important resilience to life. Life does not get easier, but we can rise to meet it's challenges.

I just want advice as to how I can stay happy.

I spend too many days sitting in front of my computer unmotivated to do any activity or see anyone.

I find more comfort in materialistic things than actual people.

I'm lost and stuck in a rut at the moment. It's been like this for a year now. Not sure where to go from here.

I feel empty.

Imo 4 swords adventures was a fun loz game, but that is a very forboding tarot

It is if you want it to be. Value and worth is ascribed to things in life. None of it is inherent.

I've felt that way before as well. I'm only 30 as is, but I've overcome it. Found new things to ascribe meaning and value too. This for example. It's a small thing, but I value my interactions here. Nothing left on the bucket list?

Well beyond the advice of seeing a doctor/counselor that may be at your disposal
(if it's become this much of a problem I'd say you could use the assistance), I'd start out by looking at your goals.
What kinds of things do you want to accomplish in the next year, 5 years, 10 years?
Also, follow up question: at the times when you do find some motivation in the past year what do you think helped?

I did enjoy it as well!
I know it is, but such is life, sometimes we find happiness, other times we find strength we didn't know we had, or support we didn't know we had.

Objective bullshit, doubles.

I'm currently just trying to get through school. My only goal is to get the job I'm training for.

As silly as it sounds; I found motivation through confidence from clothing. Whenever I wear something expensive I feel confident and I can tackle anything at hand. Which follows with motivation to complete something, or to win at something.

But, I now feel as though it's become an obsessive habit, and it being rather unhealthy.

Nice dubs but chill, believe what you want to believe, but don't condemn others for what they want to believe.

Never posted in one of these, hi I'm A
I lost my job, friends, and girl
Lost in the pointlessness of everything long ago, maybe redpilled? Idk
I just want to be happy and make others happy but like im trash.
Reach into my soul and help me, please.

I'll give you anything in exchange for a little clarity

Tarot pls
I require some clarity about a situation with a girl

>Nothing left on the bucket list?

Not really. The only things that really matter to me at this point are people that I'm never going to have the chance to see again.

I've never really gotten attached to hobbies or things like that. Nothing ever really connected with me on a personal level. Also, there's never been anything that I was especially good at. Or to put that more accurately. And I don't mean to brag. But. I've always been good at anything I ever tried my hand at. So like, accomplishments of that sort or favorite activities aren't really a thing I've ever valued.

The only things that have ever really meant anything to me are specific people that I've valued in my life. And they're all gone now. Everyone who has ever had an understanding of me is now beyond my reach.

And that's not as somber as it may sound. For some of them, they've moved on to other things and I'm happy for them and proud of them. For others, the relationships I had with them reached natural conclusions and I can't say that I'm dissatisfied with how anything ended. Life just moves on like that.

I suppose I could meet new people but I don't really want to. I could've replaced those relationships but I kind of want to remember and miss and long for the ones who were important to me more than I want to find a new meaning in this life.

*channels the Greek Adonis*
....are you sure that's how it goes...?
ok...
"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is user"

Hmm, what's the underlying condition I wonder. Do you feel powerful and accomplished by showing others you have expensive things? I wonder how much you base your confidence off what others think of you. It's not an uncommon thing to do, but unbalanced it can be damaging. I can also see how it would be an unhealthy habit if it runs up the $$$.

I'd suggest starting with this:
set up a goal for 1 month from now. Something super simple, maybe something that'll help you get that job or get through school with a lil better grades

next set up a goal for 3 months out that builds on the first

then one for 6 months out that builds on both.

Write these goals down somewhere you can see them daily. All of these goals should be directed towards that job and maybe beyond that.

Also, work on your inner monologue. So many get caught up saying "I should, or I could do this, or that". As hoaky as it sounds you're giving yourself an out to not do it. Consciously replace this with "I will, or can do this, or that".

give wisdom and advice pls

Read me like an open book Skybox

>I lost my job, friends, and girl

Is there a reason you can't get new ones? Starting over is hard but you can do it.

Here some Australian wisdom for ya!
Never trust sticks.
(Long story)

Alright, thank you. I'll try doing something about this. My goals are going to be hard as I'm breezing through school. And the job is a given after this. I guess planning ahead to what I feel will fulfill comfort in my life is what I need to do.

Whats an open book skybox?

Ah, nothing but a lil hope is all I'd ask from you...
That's a lot to lose. A lot of important things that a person can develop a strong sense of identity from. Not surprising you feel lost. As bad as it is.... you're not the only one who's lost and overcome. It hurts, as it's supposed to. Why don't you tell me a lil about what happened?

next post!

will post same to you luv ^^^^^

is that a breadstick.... that's a breadstick!

something something channeling sexy man..
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is just religion *tips fedora*"

I'm 100% sure that's how it goes.

on to your post. That last bit at the end. What do you gain from missing/longing and not moving on yourself? It's.... buried in there somewhere, but you have good insight, so I'm hopeful you can pull it out of your subconscious.

Is it possible for me to get another tarot, but on a specific question? Or does that not make sense, I am a bit sleep deprived so I can't tell my own redundancy

How do I stop fapping?

Will I Ever get out of this shit situation and be happy have friends / gf house ect?

because they may be sneks?

>I found the dead Link! It's Four Swords again!
Look within at the strength you have found from your hardships. Soon life will reward you for being able to use this wisdom and strength.

>Hey it's me! (the hermit)
It will come to a time soon that you may have to retreat inwards to find new direction. Do not be afraid to do so, but only do so for self reflection and genuine soul searching. Do not isolate out of fear and sadness.

I hope it's of some help. It's a small start, but then again... it's small starts that snowball into big things.

Find something else that releases dopamine!
Such as hobbies, fulfilling activities, rewarding things.

sure what's your question?

no
>tarot
at the top, but I'm going to oblige anyway.

>6x penta-cools, upside down and chiiiiling
You may find that an unwillingness to help others may have harmed your chances to build relationships that could lead to romance or new opportunities. Look into the motivations behind your actions and ask yourself if they line up with your goals as you move forward.

I know not your situation, but if those are your goals, what kinds of things would you need to do to get there?

>Tarot
Is it possible for me to ever get over my past mistakes and get on with my life?

>What do you gain from missing/longing and not moving on yourself?

Okay. I've never been able to put this into words but I know what I'm doing with that.

I'll try to explain my mindset as best I can. So letting go and forgetting would be the easy thing to do. The necessary thing to do in order to continue living and what not. But holding on to it, the feeling, the relationships. It proves something. It validates them? I think it's somewhere along those lines. So it's kind of a good thing to remember and cherish and love. It's just that the object of those feelings is missing and that's what makes it detrimental to one's mental health. I understand that.

But I want to prove something. I'm not sure to who or what. I want to hold on to those things despite how difficult it makes life for me, despite how much it eats away at me. I feel like doing this will elevate the relationships in some way passed what is common.

I also feel like I have the strength to survive with that sort of mental handicap. And even that that sort of handicap is necessary for a monster like me. Like it makes things fair to everyone else. That it provides a measure of balance to me and my existence and the things that I'm capable of.

And on some level, I simply hate myself and this is a punishment for me too.

So there are lots of things that could be considered gains from this way of living. I also just don't want to live a normal life. Nor do I really believe that such a thing was ever possible for me.

>Be burner dropout loser
>Make tacos across street for min wage
>Do lines for girl I fell really hard for on her b'day
>Come down
>Lost my job, kept leaving
>Friends kinda hate me, disconnect with excuses
>Girl gets back with ex bc she's guilty about making him feel bad
>Maybe still wants me on the side?
>Expected this from girl like myself
>Only give 100% for 100% now bc I'm tire of being used
>Done with her
Now I'm sitting in my parents waiting on my last pad month
Prob gonna try walking cross country, see whats out there before I perish in the same place I started, I wanna die far away

That enough? Hope my problems aren't too first world or bother you
Also have had weird premonitions about life, mental illnesses, sort of nothing exists mentality for a long time
For some reason felt like I knew I would die before or during being 18

Good insight. Just as I had imagined.
>monster like me
>hate myself
>ever possible for me

That's a lot to say, and a lot of shame inwards....

Yes it does validate them in one way, but you are choosing that validation. No one else has a say in what validates meaning to you. If you chose to validate those relationships based on other criteria they would still be valid. Forgetting never has to be part of the equation either. It honestly sounds like it would be scary for you to go through the cycle of grief fully, and it could be....

You sound as though you could do with professional help. Boy... would I love to sit down with you and work at this. Have you gotten professional help before? How helpful was it? You sound like you need someone who would be non-judgemental to your way of thinking, and happy to work through it with you without forcing you to try and change.

wisdom time (gotta keep up with the dubs!)
"There is nothing permanent except memes"

Nah, not at all shallow. This is hard.
I'm not a coddling type of therapist. It does sound like you've been used, but you also bear the weight of it. What have you learned? It sounds like you have a desire to change and not be used anymore, that's wonderful. From someone who had to do the same I'm proud.

I think you made the right choice with this girl to distance yourself. None of this isn't overcomeable though. It sounds like you still have support from your parents. Do your friends know what went down? Why you disconnected and the trouble you're facing? If they truly care about you, and support you then it's not past the point of no return.

>One upside down card, 8 spilling cups
Yes, but it will come at the price of overcoming your fears of losing what you have. You may feel on the fence about what you have and your situation. Leaving behind the situation will be needed to move on. You may lose things you've accumulated, but you have to believe you are worthy of more.

>tarot
>is the person I love destined for me?

Nice dubs

>Forgetting never has to be part of the equation either.

Forgetting is always the end result of that path and there's nothing wrong with that. It feels bad but you did what you had to do to live. That's how I view the actual process of moving on with your life. I just want to hit pause on a situation, group, era that meant something to me. I was truly happy then, and they were all part of it, I don't want to forget that. Whatever the cost to me mentally.

>Have you gotten professional help before?

No, there's nothing for me there. The help that can be offered are all conclusions that I can reach on my own. Conclusions that I'm intentionally avoiding.

The only things a professional can do for me that I can't do for myself is give me drugs. Or brain surgery if we want to be extreme and dramatic about it.

Therapy and all that, I've worked out all those answers on my own. I had to or I'd be dead by now.

Well sky, I'm off, got to sleep eventually. Oh btw this was flute :3

seriously, there's not one case of even dubs in this thread! so have some buddhist wisdom instead anyway!

*channels the purple monk*
In the end, only three things matter: How much you loved, how gently you loved, and how gracefully you let go of tfw no gf.”

>the first and only sword, but it's upside down, stuck in a rock and you don't say umu
You are missing critical insight and knowledge to further your goals. What could you be missing?

For a more accurate answer. No one is DESTINED for anyone. Love is a living breathing creature. It must be fought for at times and endured at others. People change, whether they like it or not and 5 years from now you'll both be different people. The challenge is learning to love eachother at each point.

It doesn't always have to be. I still remember my most important relationships and honor/validate them by using them to make my life better and trying to do the same for others with what I learned.
>conclusions that I'm intentionally avoiding.
Again, good insight. You're motivation to change isn't there. It might be someday, but not today. Just keep the option open if it ever changes. You're way of life is up to you, but never stuff yourself into a box where one way is inherently better than another and deny yourself freedom to explore.

oh wow! Nice to see you. I hope you're enjoying yourself. Have a wonderful rest ^ ^

Enjoying your winnings from before I mean!
>-

I've learned that I'd rather love myself than someone who wouldn't spend a drop of soul on themselves let alone another person. My stepdad hates me and mother is sort of cool with my but I'm a leech and hate it, have the will to be independent but I just want to go insane and die in the woods. The friends disconnected, one was a very toxic setting and was mutual, the others made odd excuses as to why they couldn't come round the bungalow. I feel like I'm the only one who wants what's best for me but I don't know what to want besides self destruction bc I've had to rebuild myself so many times and it's the only thing I'm used to
I'm trying not to make it hard is there a way to be more clear?
I don't wanna be too vague

How do I stop my compulsive lying?

honestly, thank you, that was very wise.

Should i kill my self?

No no, that's pretty clear. You're tired of having to pull yourself up by the bootstraps. It's happened to often and you feel like it won't stop.

First off I'd like to say you're feelings are perfectly natural. It's okay to feel that way. I do think it'd be a shame to lose all that strength on self destruction though. Think back really hard. Everytime this has happened have you made progress? Learned something?

I know you feel like a leech right now, and that may be especially salient b/c you yourself felt walked on, but... support is... needed. Maybe talk to your mom and see what can be done and how you may pay back in the future what you are given today. If that helps you feel better.

It definitely sounds like it's time for reflection on what you want out of life. It doesn't sound like these friends were great for you anyway... still ... it's mourns the loss of friendship even if not the people themselves. There are better people out there though.

It may be time to start again... but with more strength than ever. The strongest thing you can do now is be vulnerable... to yourself and to others. Let others in, let them help you so that you can return the favor someday.

depends on what you lie about....

You're very welcome
sage wisdom inc!

“When the student is ready, the sempai will appear.”

I say no..... it's always an option yes,... but generally when we feel that lost we're not capable of seeing the other options that truly are there....

>depends on what you lie about....

I lie about everything, it's compulsive, I have no control over it...

>You're motivation to change isn't there. It might be someday, but not today.

I don't see a reason that it would ever be there again.

But circling back to another topic, you spoke of shame earlier and that isn't exactly accurate. It's more like guilt. I feel a lot of guilt for existing. There are various reasons for it but two main ones. Basically I was never wanted by anyone and no one ever made it a secret from me or anything. My childhood had a lot of open disdain directed towards me and resentment for being legally obligated to provide care for me. So I've pretty much always felt guilty for being alive. I feel like it was already embedded in my core even before I was able to develop a sense of self and have the thinking mind of a human. Back when I just had a little baby animal brain to think with. The other one is a bit more devastating to me personally. I've always been extremely talented at everything without having to try. And for a while I delighted in that. But then I began to make friends who actually had a thing that they cared about, a thing they devoted themselves to. And sometimes it would happen that I would upstage them without really meaning to. And it just makes people resent me. And it hurts a lot.

I feel really bad that I'm basically good at everything and not passionate about anything, never really having to work hard for things to go my way and just wanting to take it easy. I feel like all of the things I'm capable of are wasted on me. And my very existence is unfair to those who try, those who care. And I strive to be fair in all things so this basic unfairness at the core of my existence sort of shakes me if I ever dwell on it too much.

I just feel really guilt all the time for being me. And there isn't really a way around it, that I've been able to find.

> I say no..... it's always an option yes,... but generally when we feel that lost we're not capable of seeing the other options that truly are there....

Thanks, do you do these threads often?

Thank you a lot. I will try to be strong, reflect more. Relying on someone for support got m here, and I do feel as if I have to take it on alone, I'm not scared of the alone, it just makes me happier to have someone to make happy while I'm tryna kick it, takes me away from the hatred for myself
Again thank you you're like a psychonaut or something wild

ah... I have so many things I'd love to continue discussing at this point... but I must go. I have about 2 hours before I must be asleep.

If any of you wish to contact me or talk further you can contact me here
skyden13162@gmail com

That's.... very sad user.
Let me define guilt and shame as we use it in therapy
Guilt: my actions are bad, I can be good
Shame: I am bad, and cannot be good

That's why I used the word shame. Perspective is important. Not any one perspective is right, but some are damaging. I choose to see people as good, but capable of bad. Therefor shame is a negative thing and should be worked on. Up above, if you ever want to talk about it more you can email me or.....

I do them guaranteed every Monday morning 4am EST, after next month though I won't work night shift at the hospital anymore so they may move to other days at 8pm EST.

You're welcome a lot... I wish you the best. If you decide to kick it across country, just don't die! Sometimes we have to get out of comfort zone to see the trees through the forest.

last post for the night

I'd start by looking into what you accomplish by lying to others, or even maybe what you avoid.

Do you feel better about yourself?
Avoid negative feelings about yourself?

This the place to start. A counselor would be very helpful in this regard. I've worked with a compulsive liar or two myself. It's a journey to be sure.

Sky, the best sage you'll find from Sup Forums to reddit

Good night user, thanks again for yiur insight

Wow you write a lot.

It never feels good to lie about anything. I have to constantly tell people "No wait, that's a lie, give me a moment" Even when the cops asked for my name I couldn't tell them the truth. I don't want to lie but it just happens naturally. I want to kill myself

Im not op and i dont know what the fuck im talking about but op said that when you want to kill yourself you arent seeing the other options that are actually there, have you considered talking to the people you interact with commonly(friends /family for example) and finding a way they could actively help you? Not always an easy thing to do but bringing about change never is

I rather fucking die than continue lying to people...