Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZNnYA3kYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pure kino

Padawan Skywalker, I'm Jedi Order

Best part of the film

Shitty meme for newshits from Sup Forums and Sup Forums
>inb4 hothead

It was extremely baneful

Master Skywalker, I'm PIG

>Now that the dust has settled
Uhhhhh
*raises paw*
The fire has just begun to rise, senor hothead.

Leave us
Do you feel in charge?

HERE'S A LITTLE LESSON IN TRICKERY

bane?

It's neat

Jimmy, I'm Aunt Diane, don't do it.

This fucking scene.

I have cum at least 400 times to it.

There are so many subtle references and allegories to Nietzschean philosophy in this short scene. Hotheads will never understand.

When Agent Wilson calls Bane a "big guy" he's clearly referencing him as the Übermensch, while himself indulges in slave morality represented by the authoritarian institution that is Central Intelligence Agency. Note how Wilson never references himself as his real name. There is no individuality in him, only CIA. The essence of slave morality (represented as the "flight plan", opposed to master morality - the "master plan") is utility: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. But he does not see beyond initial good and evil.

Also prior to the scene, Wilson shoots out of the plane without actually killing anyone. He does so out of misguided anger, furious that neither faith in god nor scientific knowledge has not given him the rest or respite he desires. At the same time, CIA shooting the sky symbolizes the death of God as a source of morality for people, leading to the unhooding of Bane, the Übermensch.

When Bane crashes the plane with no survivors, he's crashing the entire worldview based on slave morality. He's crashing old thoughts and institutions such as religions (Christianity for example). He's crashing secular humanism. He's crashing herd mentality. He's crashing even himself, as he overcomes his former self to become the over-man. In this crash, a fire rises in the wreckage - the triumph of "life" over "logic"

Then, in the end Bane reminds Dr. Pavel that "Now is not the time for fear, that comes later!" The world is necessarily moved in a cycle, endlessly repeating all past events due to finite amount of matter and infinite amount of time. In this eternal recurrence, the plane crash will repeat - again and again.

But if life triumphs over logic, the only meaning is life then is the will to power, that means the big guy will always be in charge here.

Bravo Nolan.

It's a big scene

Woah..

Analyzing the themes in the plane scene from “The Dark Knight Rises"

The film referenced here is best known for a strange reading of dialogue in the opening sequence. Hardy’s character is told that he is a “big guy” by a CIA official, to which the strangely intoned response is “for you.” Given the characters preceding line of dialogue, “It would be extremely painful”, it is difficult to tell whether the line is intended to be read as “Painful for you” or “Big guy for you.” This instance of seemingly chaotic screenplay organization is emblematic of the film as a whole, being at once a cliche of the action genre, difficult to understand and of confused, indirect intent. As we have already seen intent is difficult to understand even beyond the confines of artistic representation. While Hardy has stated that the line was intended to be read as meaning both “Painful for you” and “Big guy for you” this interpretation has only provided more fodder for ridicule and coy identification with homosexual men appropriating the term “Big guy for you” and its obvious underlying romantic implications.

A thrilling and engaging first scene to a a work of pure kino.

Full of foreboding and mystery it preps the audience perfectly for what's to come.

>the dust has settled
it's going to be a meme for eternity

What do honestly think Nolan was thinking when he wrote this scene, I don't he's some masterful director of writer, but this is lazy even for him. Did he just not care about this movie

Uh, you don't get to bring a good friend.

How did he get away with this?

You are just too hotheaded to see its greatness

youtube.com/watch?v=V7ZNnYA3kYc

It was *double* the fun the second time I watched it

I wish I was reddit enough or underaged to get a boner from this scene and the memes generated from it desu

See filename