How to prevent tintinnus? I listen to music on a daily basis using earbuds...

How to prevent tintinnus? I listen to music on a daily basis using earbuds, should I stop using them or listen less to music?

just don't listen on uncomfortable levels of volume lol?

I've had tinnitus for a few years
You won't notice it 90% of the time

Stop using them, I usually get small earaches every now and then from blasting my earbuds but listening to songs through speakers has basically prevented me from getting one for quite a while now.

Listen to music at safe volumes. Wear earplugs when doing work in loud places. Clean your ear canals with water and peroxide every month to avoid build-up

If you get earbuds with malleable rubber and you keep them clean this won't (shouldn't) happen.

This

sounds better without earphones anyway (get nice speakers)

How does wax buildup cause tinnitus?

i was stupid enough to not think about bringing earplugs to a boris show last night. i have a quiet hi pitched hissing in my left ear still; am i fucked? is it permanent? :( they played for two hours and i was a few rows back from front and center :(

don't listen to loud music for a while. it can go away if you don't continue to damage your ears.

thanks dude! you've given me hope haha

It doesn't actually cause tinnitus, but amplifies it because there's more stress on your eardrum and less room for the sound to escape once it's started reverberating around in your inner ear canal. It can actually prevent tinnitus from becoming worse if you clear them semi-regularly.

Warning: Your ear needs wax to stay healthy, so don't do this too often or you'll end up causing a new set of problems.

But don't listen to It's true that most of the time the only place you'll be able to notice tinnitus is in a quiet room, but if you don't try to adjust what your ears are being subjected to so that they can heal, the tinnitus can become much more severe and permanent. Tinnitus *IS* reversible, you just have to be delicate. Never outright ignore the ringing. Take it seriously if you value your hearing.

>Tinnitus *IS* reversible
Explain

Your eardrum is just like most of your other organs and tissue housing (i.e., muscles) in your body. It can be repaired if treated right. Like angina, tinnitus is a symptom of an ailment. It's basically your body telling you that something is wrong and you need to fix it.

A comparison: you tear your muscle, so you let it rest and are careful to lift anything too heavy so that it can heal. Your eardrum can definitely heal if you let it. As long as it isn't totally ruptured or punctured, it's never as serious as Sup Forumstants make it out to be.

So... how do you reverse it? Cleaning and gentle treatment seem to be what you imply.

was it good? i really wanna see Boris live, but the closest they're coming to Sweden this year is like Finland

it was pretty incredible. they have insane stage presence; it felt like ceremony. they played stuff from pretty much all across their catalog, too. if you can make it, i'd definitely go! just bring good earplugs with you lol

Oh sorry I didn't mean to be vague. Just clean them with a peroxide+water treatment and protect them from loud noise

Oh okay! No worries, sorry if that was kind of confrontational.

Oh okay! Sorry if I came off as confrontational.

It's actually becomes a lot worse if you're exercising and using earbuds

Just a tip for any /fit/ anons

ah, i think i'll have to wait and see if they play a tour near scandinavia next year... let's hope they don't breakup before that ://

Depends on the volume. If you're like my gym and blast music at like 100db all day you're gonna have to crank up your music or deal with their shitty top40 garbage. That'll make it worse. If you're out for a late night jog in silence and you have ear buds in at low volumes you're fine.

The music at gyms are bad, I did find out about Greta Van Fleet from hearing at the gym and I thought they were cool, reminded me of Led Zeppelin.

Still beats UFC gym where they're blasting metal. That shit was weird

>and protect them from loud noise
Is quiet but prolonged noise the same?
What if I listen to in ear earbuds a lot, but at a quiet volume?

Never listen to music above 75% volume in earbuds. that's pretty much it, wear earplugs to loud venues

use earplugs at shows or other loud venues
dont listen to loud music in private

If you aren't literally going at it for hours at a time prolonged at a reasonable volume is usually fine.

I'm an aspiring musician, so when I'm not making music I'm listening to other people's.
I have no speakers and can't have them in my current living situation.
Would getting over ear headphones help or would it be the same thing?

It really doesn't matter a whole lot. What matters is how much pressure your ears are being subjected to.

But if your goal is to analyse music for hours, I would recommend getting over-ear engineer headphones. They can be pricey but it sounds like what you need.

>Never listen to music above 75% volume in earbuds

not every headphone, amp and audio source is the same, just listen to

Thank you very much user.

You seem to know your shit.
Can you please help me?
I posted this here [] a few months ago but got no answer.

I'll paste it here:
>>how did you get tinnitus?
>No idea. I don't remember not having it, so I guess I was pretty young when it started, but it was gradual and never annoying (even when consciously focussing on it) until a few months ago where it became noticeable and a few weeks ago where it became distracting.
>Only recently it started getting serious for some reason.
>I've used earbuds constantly for the past few years (and relatively frequently for the past decade), and recently the filter broke so they have a ton of high frequency content which heavily fatigues my ears, so it could be that.

>Even though I've always used either both earbuds or just the right one (almost never just the left), and yet my left ear has it 3 times worse than the right, so I don't know.

>I'm way too poor to go to a doctor or change my earbuds, so I guess I'll have to reduce their usage to a minimum.
>Such a bummer considering music production is the only thing I have in life and my only chance of any life improvement.

I thought that maybe by having only the right headphone most of the time I'd overexert the left one to better hear what's in my surroundings (something I noticed I can't do with the other ear).
Can that happen?

Hmm I honestly don't know enough to answer this. This is pretty specific and something I've never had to deal with. You might have something affecting your sinuses more than your eardrums. If your sinus pressure is "off" it can do things like this.

I'll look into that, thank you.

i went to the ear doctor (don't know whats called in english) and he told me to drop earphones and headphones almost completely, or very rarely use them for 30 mins each time. And listen music in speakers for the most part

my life is almost the same, but now i dont get earaches, i always carry buds everywhere i go, but i only use them like twice a week, i listen to half an album or so.