Iraq War

Red pill me on the Iraq War, Sup Forums

We all know that the WMDs were fabricated, and from my understanding, the US went to war to depose Saddam Hussein. That said, I don't comprehend how removing Saddam would have been THAT beneficial for the United States, to the point of losing trillions of dollars and losing thousands of men. What was there to be won in the Iraq War?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The point was to destabilize the region. Saddam was literally all that was holding the country together. We got rid of him, the region goes to shit, and we get to rebuild from the ashes in our (and Israel's) interests.

We can start with this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clean_Break:_A_New_Strategy_for_Securing_the_Realm

And you should know by now, that the answer on here is usually
>Jews

Saddam was a cunt who deserved it.

He held the place together with an iron fist.

WMD's is an interesting point - they could have existed and probably did at some point or another but were gone by the time the coalition got there.

pros: went in, killed muslims, very low casualties (compared to the enemies), tore shit up

cons: Israel
Israel
Failed nation-building

simple bro. get rid of us enemies. make all allies control middle east. Only one left is Iran.

It wasn't beneficial to the US, that's the fucking point.

I made a fortune investing in Halliburton at the time because you stupid goys decided to invade the region

This, at least take the god damn oil. I'm against the war from the beginning but at least give us a consolation prize for being a good goy.

For most Sup Forums users, we were kids when the 2003 Iraq War started. However, throughout the 90's the media propaganda painted Saddam as the devil. For years after Desert Storm ended, the US media was constantly talking about Saddam. They basically made him the devil living on earth. That negative media coverage all stopped when 9/11 happened. Even though the media stopped talking about him and shifted focus to Osama bin Laden, America didn't forget about Saddam. So when Bush wanted to invade in 2003, everybody was basically like "Wow fucking finally we gonna kill him"

Everyone wanted Saddam dead, even Bush did before he even started running for president. Cultural references were even popping up such. For example, South Park had Saddam painted as literally worse than the devil himself in that one movie.

You'll never really hear much about that being the reason why. But American media created so much negative propaganda, everyone was just itching to invade Iraq without knowing it.

They literally believed the war would only take 2 weeks and have hardly any casualties on the American side.

Nobody in the Bush cabinet knew there were two sects of Islam who hated each other.
They literally believed Iraq would turn to a peaceful democracy overnight.

Bush removed an enemy of Israel and Saudi Arabia and used 9/11 as an excuse.

No, the fact that all the oil deals went to France is good.

Stops America from starting such wars in the future.
France opposed the war, and now they are rewarded for being right.

>WMD's is an interesting point - they could have existed and probably did at some point or another but were gone by the time the coalition got there.

They were destroyed in operation desert fox.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)

We didn't take the oil. We just gave it back like tards.

>That said, I don't comprehend how removing Saddam would have been THAT beneficial for the United States
It wasn't. It was done for Saudi Arabia and Israel. Its the real face of Globalism. This is wikileaks stuff.

Kind of like what is happening with Asad now.

>Nobody in the Bush cabinet knew there were two sects of Islam who hated each other

Don't be naive. They knew exactly what they were getting into. The unfortunate truth is that the administration was too incompetent to broker a lasting peace.

>giving it to the biggest pussies

France is like that shit who you're forced to play with because their parents forced your parents to make us play together out of guilt. France is a shitty country who is turning into an ISIS hot bed.

If they had managed to create peace, then they would have created Iran 2.0

That is the most retarded part of this all.

Nerve gas was used on the kurds, this is factual. The WMDs weren't fabricated, they were there.
The question is, were they destroyed?
Or did our buddy Saddam give them to someone else/hide them in a different territory?
Nerve agent doesn't just dissappear

France was your biggest ally in Afghanistan.
Even bigger than Britain.

>Nobody in the Bush cabinet knew there were two sects of Islam who hated each other.
Please. They knew, but didn't care. They had multiple high ranking generals telling Bush and Rumsfeld that going in with such a small force and occupying Iraq was suicide. They shit canned all of those generals and anyone else who objected.

You are still a Good Goy if you seriously believe these people are just bungling idiots with good intentions.

>France was your biggest ally in Afghanistan.
>Even bigger than Britain.
Which is why we paid them back by blowing the shit out of Libya.

saddam hussein was a hero.

a martyr for the fascist cause due to general american ignorance and george bush's literal retardation.

we fucked up

Their intentions weren't good.
But they were idiots.

They even thought Iran was cooperating with Al Qaeda.
They were clueless rednecks who knew nothing about the world outside of America.

This, though I believe SA stands more to gain from a destabilized non-state full of Jihadis than Israel.

isis existing is beneficial to the us

killing a stone cold ruthless fighter of wahhabism and salafist islamic terrorists that was actually backed by his people based on a stupid oil fued with the presidents daddy was "beneficial to america"

i can't wait until isis starts suicide bombing us en masse. i can't wait until we reap the shit that we sow for following batshit retarded foreign policies in israel's name.

i cant wait to see more isis attacks on american soil and for your kids to be afraid to go to school so you can honestly try to explain on pol why the iraq war was "in our interest and a good idea"

Look into petro-dollar warfare. I wrote about it for my dissertation in uni. Sadam was going to start trading with other powers in euros/local currency. This kills the amerilard.

Too long to explain here just look up the critical points

>fiat currency
>false foreign demand for the dollar
>petroleum prices in USA
>world reserve currency
Etc

John Pilger, Noam Chomsky, Gore Vidal all wrote about it.

>the iraq war happened because its saddam's fault he started trying to trade in euros

nah, the iraq war happened based on ignorance and 9/11 fear alone. bush and every american wanted to fight a war after 9/11 not realizing the taliban was literally like 8 assholes in afghanistan. so they decided to blame it on iraq which makes no sense whatsoever since saddam hussein was fighting his own war against the jihadists.

the iraq war is the biggest goof in american history and happened for literally no good reason and the outcome could only end badly for america economically, geopolitically, and security wise.

>all this shilling
There were no WMD or garbage, you are an idiot if you believe the Zionist media. US went to Iraq because.
1. Establish a permanent military presence in the region.
2. Secure Israeli plans and safety.
3. Stop the petrodollar from collapsing. (Saddam and Gaddafi wanted to trade oil in other currency, but that would crash the dollar so they both had to be removed.)
4. Install Central Banks and remove respective National Banks with the help of puppet governments or military threat.
Probably forgetting something but those are the main issues. Perhaps you can now understand why there are "terrorists" in the Middle-Eastern area, why US was so intent with their conquest on Syria+Iran and why Putin took a stand vs USA. Even china has said that they will permit US to invade Iran.
We are heading to a WW3. The dollar will collapse sooner or later.

But they found WMD

Ewwww my flag!!! Also Bush spoke about how Sadam tried to kill his dad in congress. It had more to do with the petro-dollar than that (just look at Bush's closest advisors in that era - most had links to giant oil firms [Texaco, Mobil, Chevron]. Those that didn't had ties to defence firms [Lockheed etc]. They were all acting in the interests of huge corporations. Even the "aid" given to the next Iraqi regime was spent on hiring American firms to rebuild what Americans destroyed. Would be so very funny if it wasn't so damn scary.

>What was there to be won in the Iraq War?
The Jews can build their state without worrying about the arabs getting their shit together. The US won nothing

>Only one left is Iran.
>implying SA is your allie
>implying Qatar is your allie
>implying Israel is your allie
>implying Turkie is your allie

will not permit*

I believe what you say in your first paragraph were helpful tools to aid compliance amongst the average Americunts (sorry but the majority of you guys are below par when it comes to intelligence- which of course serves your masters well). But they were not the main contributing factors in the military conflict.

I largely agree with your second paragraph.

Saddam wanted to sell petrol with € instead of $, making america as poor as fuck, because you can only buy petrol with $ ensuring the value of this shitty paper, without the backing of petrol $ will be greatly develatued because too much $ are circulating.

devaluated

>That said, I don't comprehend how removing Saddam would have been THAT beneficial for the United States, to the point of losing trillions of dollars and losing thousands of men. What was there to be won in the Iraq War?

The Neocons ideology basically wanted to Americanize third world dictatorships by removing their dictators and giving them neoliberal Democracy.

They honestly thought that by taking down Saddam, Iraq would become a neoliberal democracy and that would spread into the entire middle east.

Problem is that, it was humiliating to many Iraqis to occupy them.

>They even thought Iran was cooperating with Al Qaeda.
Lol no they didn't. Al Qaeda has always been a CIA/Mossad/Saudi operation. Those are just propaganda excuses to get the Goyim on board.