Doctor Who General - /who/

Not-Clara Edition

Forgot how to shapeshift:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WTth7Ti_aGE
youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8
web.archive.org/web/20050228081424/http://planeteleven.co.uk/features/lmia/coat.php
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/793426870540783616
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/793406499754221568
youtube.com/watch?v=pCZOyGIKp_E
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/793813458387144705
mega.nz/#F!hUchyJqT!vYRkmlow8yWw5V5QYoqWEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The Blood Line
desu I was never that clear what Torchwood's goal was in this. It seemed like they just wanted to investigate the Miracle and maybe bring the Families to justice, but now it seems that all along they wanted to end it, which Gwen is just now realizing will kill all the people who are barely being kept alive by it, including her dad, which is pretty much what they're all so against the incineration camps for. And the reason she's determined to end it is because no one should have the power to do what Oswald Danes did, to choose who lives and who dies. Which is why she decides that everyone must die. And also lets Oswald kill that Family woman because lol fuck her.

Actually, Oswald's end was pretty good, blowing himself up and screaming about how he's going to chase little girls in Hell. I couldn't have asked for more. Honestly I'm glad there wasn't another season, if it was anything like this and the only hook the end of this one offers is "the black guy is also immortal just like Jack now." Maybe if they went back to the format of seasons 1 and 2 instead of trying to make the Children of Earth lightning strike again, but idk.

So, was it worth watching?

Miracle Day or Torchwood in general? I'd say no for Miracle Day but yes for the other seasons, especially since Children of Earth would have been a good endpoint for the series. I'd recommend watching the first three series and pretending it ends there.

>which is pretty much what they're all so against the incineration camps for.
Well, that and the small detail that the people are literally being incinerated.

And? It's the only way to give them peace. If it's a matter of pain, the Category 1's who are conscious are in constant agony already. If Gwen's only endgame is to kill them anyway, what's her problem other than "it looks like muh Nazis"?

>If Gwen's only endgame is to kill them anyway, what's her problem other than "it looks like muh Nazis"?
She let them die peacefully.

But if she had her way she would have prolonged the lives of some of them by months, making their experience much less peaceful. I guess the point is I assumed Gwen was acting out of some "sacredness of life" bollocks as that's the only ethical logic I can really see someone opposing the burnings by, but it turned out she supported killing all those people and it was really just the specific method of incineration she objected to, even though it was literally the only method the government had available and I find that to be bullshit.

>they've already made april say a swear and do a sex

What the fuck is the point of having a "perfect innocent girl" character if you're going to have her snap so early in the series

You'll watch anything related to "the whoniverse" so why does it matter if it's worth it or not?

>it's an "user acts like a cunt to Immigrant just for asking a question" thread

I'll give anything a chance in the Whonisverse. Doesn't mean I'll keep on watching it. Plus, I wanted to create discussion.

Innocent people can swear occasionally and have sexual feelings. Also, even her "swearing" was censored. You know the girl is reserved when she censors her own swearing.

Also, she straight-out hints that she's not as "boring" as she seems.

Had my trip off, mistake.

Your trip adds no value to that post
there was no need for you to say this

I would even say that your post more or less proves April's point--people are so used to seeing her as a "nice girl", that no one sees her as having sexuality (can't get a prom date), or having any edges.

You got me there, I can't argue against that

nobody cares

April is so cute tbqh famalingading

Yes, she is.

And the next 2 eps will be focused on her!

What's /who/ with you?

Is Blink the worst thing to happen to the Doctor Who fandom?

Shipping is

IF TIME'S A SONG, I WON'T WAIT FOR ITS REPRISE

There's always time for a song.

The Scorchies would agree.

Gatiss will use this for the Sleep No More sequel
youtube.com/watch?v=WTth7Ti_aGE

>mfw someone says Davison is boring/bland

I laughed when I imagined Davison saying this in a high-pitched frog voice.

>it's a Capaldi plays exactly seven seconds on his guitar to avoid paying royalties episode

>mfw someone says Tennant is a meme doctor

superior version coming through
youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8

Going through the modern series for the first time.

Why does the internet hate Love & Monsters? People act likes it's some giant stain on an otherwise pure show.

What's the deal with the restructured episodes coming out?
Did BBC recently find old audio tracks or something?

Because it builds up a lot of suspense and then the reveal is just Peter Kay in a green fat suit

>suspense

It was a straight comedy episode from the start, and Peter Kay's fedora character was about the opposite of suspenseful.

the reveal is great and cheesy and that's what makes the episode fun

Do you think Gaiman looked at SNM's clunky use of "Dream/Sandman" imagery and cringed?

blowjob with a face stuck inside a tile
farty monster

You mean reconstructed? No, it's just that the existing reconstructions are painful to watch, also it's the 50th anniversary of the story.

revive

Maybe. He probably would admire the idea Gattis was going for, which was rather clever. It's just...you can't make a parody of a crappy Who ep, without risking making an actual crappy Who ep.

>I'd recommend watching the first three series and pretending it ends there.
you can't rewrite history! Not one line!

Moff has rewritten history multiple times

Post stories no one remembers or has an opinion on

Vanderdeken's Children

Isn't that the story which was missing pages in the ebook?

Glad you enjoyed it user.

I have an opinion on that one.
It was pretty good for an early EDA.

The Infinite Quest

The Word Lord

The Unwoken Princess.
Even Faction Paradox-fans seem to forget that this one exists.

web.archive.org/web/20050228081424/http://planeteleven.co.uk/features/lmia/coat.php
Remember when Larry Miles was just about to write a Dalek novel until he read the DWM review of Interference, and bailed because his feelings were hurt?

>tfw we never got Miles's Valentine's Day, or Lance Parkin's Enemy of the Daleks, or Justin Richards' Dalek novel which was to be the climax of the Sabbath arc
There never was a decent Dalek book until The Dalek Factor. How much of this can be blamed on Terry Nation's estate?

But a lot of people like that one.

Yeah, nobody liked it too.

Prime Winner

I get it now.

An Incident Concerning the Continual Bombardment of the Phobos Colony

remember when larry wrote

Is she autistic?
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/793426870540783616

If you missed posting about GirlyLetters for one day, would you die?

It would be very painful.

But not for us.

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/793406499754221568

get hype

This made me feel kind of bad for him.

Creatures of Beauty

>Even Faction Paradox-fans seem to forget that this one exists.
Guilty as charged - what is it?

IIRC there was also supposed to be one called There Are Worse Things Than Angels, which I thought was a great title.

;--;

Awww, grumpy!Fitz got illustrated.

>Creatures of Beauty
It's one of my favorites.
I got Davison to sign it and he told me that he did not remember a single thing about it.

>Guilty as charged - what is it?
it's a short story by Lawrence Burton included in the Obverse Book of Detectives. It focuses on Icnopilli from his Faction Paradox novel Against Nature.

Cool.

What are you listening to /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=pCZOyGIKp_E

It's almost like actresses have breasts:
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/793813458387144705

I want to think she's joking, those aren't even very breast-y.

Oh good god...

It's almost like you are stalking that woman every day and nitpicking every tweet for some reason, user.

I bet she gets triggered by Cyberwoman

This. Who's the bigger loser, the one who obsessively follows actors or the one who obsessively follows the loser who follows the actors?

mega.nz/#F!hUchyJqT!vYRkmlow8yWw5V5QYoqWEA

I don't like the constant GL posting either, but followng a twitter account takes zero effort. This will never be a good argument.

A full trailer for the Christmas special will air on the 18th (Children in Need?) and a trailer for Series 10 will be attached to the end of the special itself.

It takes no level of genius to speculate this and be correct.
This is almost certainly what will happen and not surprising.

Thanks for the class novels as well as all the faction stuff.

How many VNAs do you own /who/?

The Doctor Who Xmas trailer is shown every year on CiN night.

Doubt there'll be a s10 trailer though: there's another 5 months of filming to do. Maybe something 'behind the scenes', or a message from the Doctor?

I would say it's pretty certain that some kind of s10 trailer will be on the end of the Xmas Special, even if it's a very short teaser.

Calm down. Never said I was a genius. Just relaying what I've heard.

They'll likely give one of those trailers that just shows clips from episodes they've finished (like the Coming Soon trailer in 2005 for Series 2 did).

I never said it was you. That info comes from some douche on Twitter you just didn't name the source.

I didn't get it from anyone on Twitter, but okay if you say so.

Where did you get it?

Don't tell /who/ I poked my nose into the Digital Spy forums.