Sennheiser HD650

yes or no?

>Sennheiser
NO!

Hd600 is more neutral thus better

Yes

If you're using them as studio reference monitors then sure, otherwise it's a matter of personal taste

Hd6xx

Shit, I forgot the HD650 successor is coming out. Get the HD 660 S

I have them and I love them OP

there's nothing wrong with Sennheisers

Best headphones under $1000 without a doubt

You should always go after the most neutral sound. It's the best for every kind of genre and is the closest to sounding like the original mixing.

If you want a different sound then use an parametric equalizer.

Apo EQ with Peace GUI is 9ne of the best parametric equalizers you can have and it's easy to setup.

Why buy more neutral headphones and change them to sound how you like when you can just buy headphones that sound how you like?

i like the 650's better than the 600's - but liked the he400i's better than both of them.

>Buy bass emphasis headphones
>Listen to none bass heavy genres

Why would you not buy neutral sounding headphones when they work best for every genre as well movies and games?

because you value the enjoyment you'll get listening to bassy music more than you value neutral sound in movies. it's not that hard.

the 650's are so lush dude, maybe it's not your thing but it works for some.

anything over the $300-500 mark is personal taste and typically genre specific

YES they'd what I'd get if I didn't have great headphones

not under $1000, jesus. you could get lcd 2's for that

Anyone who owns lcd 2's are fucking unironically autistic. Just strap some bricks to your fucking head to get the same experience with those heavy fuckers.

yea nigga

I second this

I'm split between these, the 600's and the HE400i's. I've been looking into loads of different reviews and the general conclusion I've drawn is that neutral is more analytical and coloured is more 'fun'. I also looked into AT's R70X's, which are even more neutral than the 600's, and I hear they make things sound sterile they're so neutral, which is why I'm being drawn to the 650's, which aren't so coloured they wouldn't work with specific genres. I'm just someone who listens to music, so I don't need something super neutral, I just want something I'll have fun listening to.