Chancellor Palpatine... Sith Lords are our speciality

Chancellor Palpatine... Sith Lords are our speciality

Dubs are our specialty

But there were no sith lords for generation, how could they be speciality?

>gets knocked out almost immediately.

shush

>Dooku had already kicked their asses in the last movie

Dooku was an incredibly cool villain. Cristopher Lee was so underused.

I never understood how Obi didn't get his legs amputated. The ground is flat and it lands right on him.

its not sharp.

>sith lords are our specialty
>we haven't fought one for decades
obi-wan in the prequels is such an ass, I think Lucas was still pissed off at the guy who played Ben Kenobi

You mean Obi-Wan Kenobi?

How could they actually have been so retarded as to think that over-choreographed lightsaber battles were exciting?

I know the Plinkett reviews say this a lot but it's really fucking striking. How could they not know that the actions/capability of the characters need to be tangible and internally consistent for the audience to feel a connection with them?

he has the most screen time as ben kenobi and luke still calls him that in the empire strikes back

It's still a heavy ass metal platform landing right on his legs. They should be crushed beyond repair.

Because Lucas genuinely has autism irl

>over-choreographed lightsaber battles were exciting
because they are? its not about logic, you are supposed to be engaged in the moment instead of thinking about optimal hits

What's ass metal?

>he has the most screen time as ben kenobi
>3 movies as Obi-Wan
>One as Ben, with a few seconds of cameos later

Mr Speaker, we are for the big.

not really. its no bigger than concrete wall + its made out of space metal like Durasteel, it may not be heavy

>tfw it should have been Dooku to tempt Anakin to the dark side given his unique characteristic of being a fellow jedi who turned to the dark side (and in his case it was out of disgust for the actions of the jedi against other planets)
I agree, despite being underused he and Palpatine were the only really cool characters in the prequels (and let's be honest, it's worth watching just to see Christopher Lee taunting other people).

Pretty sure THAT ass is made of metal.

Also this is after Team Obi-Wan tied Darth Maul 1-1 and lost 2-0 to Darth Doku

I could accept that if every fight wasn't full of super fast swinging and flipping, followed by someone getting killed by some slow attack that he could easily have stopped but didn't for no reason

They are running out of power/stamina

While it's true that over-choreography was ultimately out of place, and felt extremely fake due to actors limits (they're just normal people after all), it would have been great if the duel scenes were executed with finesse and displayed what a force user would be capable of. Lucas had one or two good ideas among the hundreds of laughable ones, but he couldn't even execute them properly.

The original trilogy (and also, to a lesser extent, TFA) has lightsaber battles that are inexorably tied to some sort of dramatic climax. The REAL conflict is always in the dialogue interspersed throughout the fights.

For whatever reason, Lucas forgot about that in the prequels and decided to make characterless CGI glowstick ballet. Darth Maul meant absolutely fucking nothing to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan; he may as well have been a mugger.

Sci fi medicine can fix any physical problem, and Obi-Wan didn't lose his will to walk

Well put