A LOTR thread is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to

A LOTR thread is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to

>favorite moment from the book/film
>best place to live, hardmode - no shire
>what would you do for a job in Middle earth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbLKjO2ImGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"the world has changed"

>fav moment
that part where denethor sets himself on fire like a dumbass
>fav place to live
hard choice between top-level Minas Tirith or Rivendell
>job
I'd just be an elven scholar in Rivendell reading books all day and checking out fly elven ass

>favorite moment from the book/film
around Shelob's lair when Frodo remembers Galadriel. Don't know why but it stuck with me
>best place to live, hardmode - no shire
tossup between Ithilien and Rivendell
>what would you do for a job in Middle earth
human ambassador living the comfy life with the elves and banging an elf qt

what are some things in the books that were not in the movies but you feel added some character depth or good background?
For me it's Aragorn being way scruffier and worn out than Viggo looks in Fellowship. You really get the feel that everyone around him is suspicious and/or outright hates him. He also describes Strider as a "scornful name", you really get the sense he's detached and angry

>Rivendell

I wouldn't want to live there and listen to Elrond's "muh daughter" all day.

Superior Elven City

>implying you'd be anywhere near Elrond 99% of the time
they may politely invite you to sit at the far end of the table at dinner but that's probably it

Elrond is the only one left, unless you want to stay there in its prime.

well duh it's not like I want to set the chairs on the table and put out the light. Plus when elves leave it's just gonna become a regular dump

I'd be a fucking neet, fuck you

no neetbux in ME though

Remember that living in Rivendell or really anywhere with elves is like living in a southern white conservative Christian neighborhood as a black Muslim.

>favorite moment
Too many. Way too many I couldn't begin to narrow it down. I've always loved when frodo gets stabbed by the troll in fellowship and merry and Pippin give each other a quick look, flip their swords, and jump on the shits back stabbing away though. True friendship. All of moria is great starting with the scary ass squid thing.
>best place to live
Shire obviously, but Moira might have been cool before the goblins and demons arrived. That huge ass cavern with the big pillars is awesome like actually awe inspiring. I also love the area at the end of fellowship where frodo leaves and Sean bean dies. Those old ruins Aragon was fighting on would make a nice place to camp out and live alone.
>what would you do for a job
Always wanted to be a blacksmith. Maybe be an apprentice if I could, but I'd probably be a shit shoveler or get drafted to be on the front lines of mordor

But would you have war?

youtube.com/watch?v=PbLKjO2ImGo

is he talking about Valinor in this scene?

Pure Hacksonery. Note that as a Maia Gandalf has no fucking idea what happens with Hobbits when they die.

sure but he would know all about what happens when HE died

So... Amazing and free?

He didn't die, Maiar can't die as such, it's why assholes like Melkor and Sauron had to banished after getting fucked up

He's talking about heaven, or at least the in-universe equivalent.

ok if you want to be anal, his mortal body died and Eru brought him back

Book I chapter 2, when Gandalf brings Frodo up to speed on The Ring

Bree - the real crossroads of the north

Wouldn't want to live there

But that didn't involve just a simple trip to Valinor. Nobody dying does that. The closest is the Elves, but even they go to Mandos first.

>favorite moment
Amon Hen and Boromir's last stand
>live
Dol Amroth sounds comfy, with anime not descendant qt, or Dale after Smaug was cleared out
>job
Something with books, like a historian or librarian, keeping records and doing research

it's not possible to know what exactly he experienced, or what memories he was left with (remember that he had a little trouble recollecting his past life at first)
In any case, I really enjoyed that scene, since it was some "eye of the storm" stuff

>favourite moment
the subtle yet classy hinting towards sam and mr. frodo's forbidden homoerotic love
>best place to live
probably in gandalf's holiday wizardry home at middle earthian riviera
>job
I would fuck and kill hobbits and be also a thief and criminal

>fav book
TROTK
>fav film
TFOTR
>best place to live
Minas Tirith
>job
guard watching the fields of pelennor for enemies

>favorite book moment
I must have read LOTR close to a dozen times, but the moment when Merry weeps for Theoden's death gets me everytime. Even right now, writing about it puts a tear in my eye.

>favorite film moment
I didn't care much for the movies, but the Moria and the Balrog were just awesome. Just my opinion, but after they're out of the Moria, I thought the movies took an increasingly bad direction. The Fellowship's beginning to the Moria was how the trilogy should have been handled.

>favorite place to live
Glittering Caves, serving Lord Gimli and learning from him and his folk

>job
Craftsman, obviously