What are some movies that feature the best state in the US?

What are some movies that feature the best state in the US?

>inb4 "thats not (insert irrelevant state here)"

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/#q=movies set in texas
youtube.com/watch?v=hT47Ysl-2Ew
letterboxd.com/ymir_from_venus/list/great-texas-movies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw El Paso
>surrounded by Mexican hunnies who crave white dickus

that's not texas

But it is

i was just inserting an irrelevant state

google.com/#q=movies set in texas

That's not North Dakota

What about tv shows?

Dazed and Confused obviously

>hick needs this much spoonfeeding

Color me surprised.

FLY over states not welcome

No Country for Old Men

Beat me to it.

I think the movie or mini series Texas is ok. Kinda dated now but it's comfy

hell or high water

youtube.com/watch?v=hT47Ysl-2Ew

>actually thinking he was serious about discussing films and shows pertaining to Texas

Australian here, would I survive in Houston? What's it like to live in. Could potentially move for work..

If Texas is so great, why has it only produced 1 (one) President?

Checkmate Tejanos.

dont FUCKING look at me like that vato

I live in Dallas, I have for almost 18 years now. Texas sucks, it was probably 90 yesterday for halloween. That and stupid red neck hicks that bring their boots to the local dancing scene.

>thinking presidents dignifiey a quality human being

Houstonion here, if you can get past the humidity it is great. Good food, amazing economy and job market, women are cash, and there is a lot to do :-)

Liberal traitor stronghold in Texas. Full of minorities and traffic. Unless you already live in whatever liberal shithole city's australia has(Melbourne?), you'll hate it.

I'm from houston. Also spent about 6 months in Aus. I would do it man. I mean the city is okay if you want a city life....Austin is better though and a more accessible city. But if you are used to beachs and natural beauty (except for some women) ...you won't find in texas. The only upside I could see would be using your accent to bang chicks. That and the food is good and your food sucks.

I loved Aus though. Maybe there are to many pretentious hippie fags but I could see myself living in Byron bay.

>full of minorities

Name a city within the US that isn't. And also, where in Houston do you stay?

I meant *wouldn't do it*. Sorry.

Lol queer

Yes you'll be fine. Downtown is demographically split in thirds though (1/3 white, Hispanic, black) so you may be in for some culture shock. If you're moving for work you'll probably be out in the suburbs which are overwhelmingly white. Even so, the dindus are fairly well behaved because our cops don't take shit and we have a reputation for executing them in record numbers when they act up.

I sell guns part time at a big box store. AMA

Well you know what they say. Ain't nothing but steers and "I fucked your mom in her ass last night" in texas.

That sick punchline tho

How many distinguisged black men of the community have you laid out, Honky Tonk Dave?

I have been. They all look like columba bush. Have fun in the bargain bin.

The same amount of women you have fucked Jew York Eric

>just got permission from their benevolent overlords to openly carry their own private property on their hip less than a year ago
>best state
Na senpai.

What state do you reside in user?

>open carry

So when something goes down they will know who to shoot first

I've seen that post before.

South Dakota. We have freedom here so I like it. Plus no Mexicans or blackies.

I never said I would. I said Texas just got permission from their oh so nice overlords to do so less than a year ago.

Houston Sup Forums meetup?

>OP Death Scene (2016)

>South Dakota

Truly the epitome of a fly over state

That's not California

When will your overlords allow your state flag to fly at the same level as the IS flag Mr. Freedom?

>Austin is better though and a more accessible city
No it isn't, stop sending people here.

>Texas

>Best state

Seriously, Texas is like everything shitty about the South dialed up by 10 mixed with Mexican culture and finished off with a heavy helping of diabetes.

Flyover state detected

>Truly the epitome of a fly over state
Good. Stay out. Fuck off, we're full.

I didn't even know that was a thing, Ahmed. Hopefully never. Sand people don't deserve freedom.

LOL I would have to be retarded to go to a shit state with a shitty ass economy. There is literally nothing to do, no wonder you're so set on >muh gun stuffs

What the fuck is there to do for fun? Zero beaches, zero sports teams, not even college sports exist there, and I could only IMAGINE what your women look like let alone how the food is.

>"I am a true Texan! :^)"
>"Where I am from? Why, from Houston, my fellow Texan."

Kill yourself, nigger.

Are you saying that cause I'm right or you really believe that? I left houston like 10 years though. Has Austin changed? I've visited htown several times and it hasn't really.

Spoken like a true New Yorker :-)

>tfw think cutie is white
>turns out shes a spic
Fucking hell
Also, Ive never seen so much unabashed cheating in college as done by the Mexicans at UTEP, its unreal

Did I hit a nerve? Don't you worry about it, you can go to Cali to get therapy, my irrelevant property.

Are there any places in Texas that have nice scenery?

I've been there twice, both times around Dallas and Houston and its just like the big scrubby dirt lot next that you see next to strip malls but the size of 5 states

It's just a meme in Austin to tell people to stop moving there.
There's just been such an influx of people because of the growing tech industry. Bringing yuppies like me and gentrifying the area and overcrowding traffic and raising rent even more.

Jokes on you, I'm from a Southern State.

>I would have to be retarded to go to a shit state with a shitty ass economy.
Let me guess, you looked at flat gross generation without taking anything like taxes spent, per capita, etc etc on some Wikipedia page. You know shit. I don't blame you, we're LITERALLY WHO and I wouldn't have it any other way.

>There is literally nothing to do, no wonder you're so set on >muh gun stuffs
Again, basing this on absolutely nothing or a Wikipedia article you scanned after remembering we even existed. Again, I'm okay with that, but there is plenty to do here.

>What the fuck is there to do for fun?
Lots of outdoors shit if you're into that. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, etc etc. Fun stuff actually, you should give it a try. Just visit tho pls. Unless you're cool, then go ahead and stay.

>Zero beaches
I have beaches in my town, lad. Fresh water is better than salt water too. Salt water is gay and tastes like shit desu senpai

>zero sports teams, not even college sports exist there
That's a lie. I mean, nothing anyone would give a shit about at the national level, but regionally we're actually decent. But yeah, I have to root for Nebraska in NCAA and Minnesota in the NFL.

>and I could only IMAGINE what your women look like
I dunno, qt blondes. I would tread lightly here while talking from New New Mexico.

>let alone how the food is.
Yeah how would we cook food if we didn't flood ourselves with millions of spics? If only there was some global network of computers where information could be shared in an instant.

OP didn't even see it coming. BTFO!

LOL yea I'm livid that I live in an area with a prospering job market, top 3 economy, great women, plenty to do, and is an overall desirable place to be in. Keep thinking that your retarded projections and stertypical assumptions define me and where I live Mr. Flyover state man ;-)

South Dakota: The FUCK you I like it state

Your economy and job market are shit, prove me otherwise.

FYI: I didn't look up anything about it because I know it isn't anywhere near what mine is.

>Drinking water from a lake and ocean and the discernible tastes are an argument
Wew lad, this made my night.

>Texas dosent have lakes

I am willing to wager our lakes our better than yours :-)

Ayy pretty much. I don't blame that user for hating on us, but FUCK HIM I LIKE IT.

>Your economy and job market are shit, prove me otherwise.
It's shit when you look at gross. We don't even have a million people in out entire fucking state. Of course the numbers are tiny. But look at other stats, average income, per capita, family income, etc etc, shit that matters, we do fine. Plus those stats all take a nosedive thanks to all the injun reservations sucking up all those federal tax dollars. We really should have finished the job tbqhwy pajamalam.

Wasn't really an argument, just a tangent I posted while commenting that we do have beaches.

I feel like that because I'm from El Paso. A city that can't make up its mind whether it's big or not. It's hard enough to explain that I don't care for football and live in the part of town where you buy tortillas by the kilo.

Fucking disgusting

>tfw san angelo

Bump for cowboys

And slump for South Dakota

This

Nah man, Austin takes the crown for liberal traitor stronghold of Texas

Liberal traitor?

You mean Austin?

The Woodlands here (north houston). If you're rich and white, welcome to paradise. Lots of coke and hot rich white girls that want to piss of their dads. Down side is blacks and faggots in their dads Maserati's doing 100 on goddamn woodlands parkway fuuuuuck.

Humid as fuck though. And I guess you are used to 80 degree Christmas, being from Aus tho.

If I were you, go to North Texas, like Dallas or Denton even. Chill as fuck, gets nice and crisp there in the winter. Free train into Dallas, right to the arena and museums. Ladies at UNT are replaced every year with younger hunnies. Tons of money there if you're smart.

wow that's just disrespectful

>Dallas

>chill

As long as you never drive there, I guess

And the woodlands are nice. I live down by Alvin...

OP on suicide watch

thats why I mention living in Denton and taking the train. Deep Ellum is a great place to walk through at night. Take in a burger and go to a bar, listen to some shit, whatever.

Asian museum is great fyi. Good for a date.

checked

Bottle Rocket was filmed in Dallas.

Ghost Busters, Cloverfield, Big Daddy, Annie Hall, Manhattan, Maid in Manhattan, That movie where Lois Lane is a cartoon at the beginning, Kick Ass, Kick Ass 2, Fame, West Side Story, Escape From New York, Jungle 2 Jungle, Tootsie, all of the Spider-Mans, Avengers for a good chunk of it, Sid and Nancy, Bronx Tale, Crocodile Dundee, Big, When Harry Met Sally, all them Ninja Turtles movies, Scent of a Woman, Newsies, the beggining of that god awful Mario Bros movie, the new Harry Potter thing, It Takes Two, the Devil's Advocate, Men in Black, Armageddon, the Matrix, Annie, Stuart Little

Lone Star

wow XD you posted movies from a different state, nice XD

I tried thinking of movies set in Texas, but it turns out there really aren't that many. Seems like no one wants to set their movies there for some reason.

Yeah, the only truly great movie that takes place in Texas is No Country for Old Men, although Dazed and Confused is alright

Town That Dreaded Sundown
JFK

>its November and it's just now getting below 70 degrees
Oh boy I sure do love loving in this "based" state

>only one POTUS was from Texas

Boy, you sure don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

kek'd and check'd

letterboxd.com/ymir_from_venus/list/great-texas-movies/

Eight POTUS were born in fucking England, ya dingus

I... I kinda want to move to South Dakota now...
It seems so comfy and perfect for an anti-social cunt like me.

Name them then. Because I know for a fact that only 1 (one) US President was born in Texas.

the central Texas hill country is gorgeous, lots of natural springs and wildflowers

This

You didn't say "born in", bitch. You just said "from".

Ayy

Same thing.

GWB is from Connecticut, not Texas.

Yeah nah you're a fuckin fag

Ayy