Band shirts:

Band shirts:
Profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

mysecretgarden-store.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=528
ebay.com/itm/ENO-ANOTHER-GREEN-WORLD-T-SHIRT-Brian-Roxy-Music-Ambient-David-Bowie/292245565329?var=591156727907&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140602152332&meid=30704dfa726446fdad2926fda7afa4ce&pid=100011&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=302250829091&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

insecurity

you're trying to flaunt your taste to make yourself seem cooler

I'd say the only exception is concert shirts you bought, since thats band support

I think it depends how subtle it is.
Is buying a band shirt otherwise not supporting them?

If you put on clothes wondering if they're a profound social statement or a sign of insecurity:
Yes

If you put on clothes and don't think that:
No

What about when the art is just really cool though? I wear an another green world t shirt pretty regularly

Neither if you're a normal person who only cares about supporting a band by buying a piece of cloth to wear.

It never ceases to amaze me how pretty much the entirety of Sup Forums constantly thinks that their musical preferences should define everything about their character and their actions.

I just wear shirts because I like to support the bands and I think it's a good representation of my character. Don't really care about what people think.

Am I insecure?

This.
No.

It's just a shirt. How petty do you have to be to make such a big deal out of something so mundane?
>hipster wearing swans shirt
That's Devendra Banhart, you turbopleb.

all graphic shirts are garbage

>That's Devendra Banhart, you turbopleb.
He's a pop musician, I assume?

Same as Swans. What's your point?

Imagine willingly turning yourself into a walking advertisement.

He opened for Swans and had his material released on Young God Records

Caring this much about t shirts is really fucking autistic.

imagine caring this much about muh consumerism

Always gay regardless

>imagine wearing clothes you didn't make yourself then pretending you're not a capitalist goy like everyone else
Fuck off poseur

Try being tall and black with an afro and having everyone assume you only listen to Drake and other normie rap.

>tall
>black
>normie
One of these is not like the others

Well in that post I used two of those words to describe me and one of those words to describe the music that people generally expect me to like.

What's a graphic shirt? They are so hated on Sup Forums for whatever reason and I don't even know what they are.

Meant to quote

I always loved how Morrissey would wear The Smiths shirts all the time back in the day. Who does that?

What do you listen to?
>inb4 deathgrips

I wear my Prowler in the Yard and Scum tshirt to the point they're covered in holes. I'm not trying to be profound and I dont feel insecure about it, I just really like those shirts, they're literally the only band t-shirts I own and they're comfy, fit well and I like the album covers to begin with. I honestly forget how offensive the Pig Destroyer shirt might be to people at times and once had a person threaten to knock me out for wearing it. I guess he doesnt like severed penis. Before them it was a PiL shirt and before that it was a Refused shirt. The most consistent comment I've gotten, like 4 times over 4 years is "does your shirt say Pig Destroyer?", once from a frontman onstage doing between song banter. If it means people listen to a good band that's fine by me, my ego remains intact. You may as well ask the same thing about certain cars or brands that you prefer or blah on about.

Edgiest shirt I own. Havent worn it in 8 years. Glad I grew out of that shit.

Haha

yeah man theyre just supporting the machine!!

Sounds like you've really grown up my dude.

Caring about what other people wear

A sign of insecurity?

Phew, glad I bought that concert shirt in Vegas for Aldean then.

You tell me.........

>In B4 Hurr Durr This isn't Sup Forums...........

The thread is literally about what people wear.

No shit Sherlock, anything else you'd like to point out?

Over the past few months I've pretty been listening to nothing that isn't The Fiery Furnaces, The Legendary Pink Dots, Brethren, Roy Montgomery, and Pan Sonic.

dont know t b h, dont really care. its more of a conversation starter anyway if you're at shows by yourself

most of the shirts i wear are tour shirts, and a handful of festival one

Nice mix. If you like LPD you might check out some Barry Adamson

He used to be with Nick Cave , Buzzcocks, Visage and Magazine and others. I love his Jazz stuff. He was on Mute records for a while.

It's impossible to have a thread about what people wear if you don't care what people wear

Neither
It's just a t shirt. They don't mean that much

>another green world shirt
w2c?

Neither, it's a fucking t shirt you fake deep retard

in what way is buying a band shirt a profound social statement?

>a proud declaration of one's taste
>is a sign of inequity
Does not compute

once complimented a dude in a swans shirt and he goes "thank you"

that was it

This

All fashion discussion on Sup Forums is trend based fashion rule garbage. That plus Sup Forums's self righteous elitism is unbearable

>tfw made good friends with people because of band shirts
Maybe you guys shouldn't be aspies

it's just a shirt man calm down

how insecure are you to be offended by someones shirt/taste

>was basically discovered by Gira
>opened for Swans
>released music on Gira's label

There's more than meets the eye

Swans are pop musicians too

its just a shirt. who cares

everything's a sign of insecurity

How about neither, you retard.

I got it from my brother so I don't know, sorry. It's this shirt but I don't know if the site is legit.

mysecretgarden-store.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=528

Actually I'm not sure it is that one, picture is a bit larger on mine, maybe this? (not that it matters which you get)

ebay.com/itm/ENO-ANOTHER-GREEN-WORLD-T-SHIRT-Brian-Roxy-Music-Ambient-David-Bowie/292245565329?var=591156727907&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140602152332&meid=30704dfa726446fdad2926fda7afa4ce&pid=100011&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=302250829091&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

This is retarded. If you like the shirt, wear it. Has nothing to do with insecurity.

What's the best Swans album as a starting point to them?

Nigga swerve

neither

This. Music taste isn't a part of personality.

I just buy shirts that I like the look of and are comfy. I barely go outside so i don't really care what other people think of it
I did get a guy that complimented my Dead Moon shirt once though at a house show, was cool

Neither

>How petty do you have to be to make such a big deal out of something so mundane?
The answer is "very"

I like wearing band shirts because they're a good conversation starter. I can't stand people who wear band shirts when they don't actually listen to the band though.

its really up to how judgemental you want to be in life

I wear an old concert PIL shirt that was remade by undercover fairly often. Its actually a pretty good conversation starter

I wear t shirts with my favorite bands/albums in the hopes that i find people who listen to the same things. also wear them in the hopes people start listening to the music if they have never heard it before

To be fair I wear a Drake 2010 Tour shirt and I play Metal

It'd be cool to bump into some one that likes something I like, and some of the money might end up supporting the musician.

Calm the fuck down OP

I refuse to spend $100 per designer shirt, so I buy band/metal shirts (MY roots) that are cheaper and don't look like shit. suck my dick.

this, fuck your shitty thread OP

They just look good as fuck. In my town nobody even notice if i wear band shirts, and i never try to get any atencion for what i'm wearing. People notice more Supreme caps and stuff like that.

Have gathered many over the years but only I wear them in public if im going to a show.

Or maybe, just maybe you like the band on the shirt and wish to broadcast that to any others who may enjoy said band and start a conversation about a mutual interest, you stupid fuck.

Devendra Banhart is a hipster and you are a faggot.

>One of these is not like the others
tall

Chronologically.
Any other answer is faggotry.