If we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty...

>if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty... and we have to destroy him.

Wtf? Can someone explain this retarded logic to me, like, how does this make sense at all? Who wrote this shit? Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a super genius and he thinks that this makes sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2016/03/25/why-does-batman-kill-in-batman-v-superman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just turn your brain off bro lol.

zack thought it sounded cool

what other insider information would you like to know?

Hey, it worked in Iraq with Saddam.

>if you have a bowl of 100 skittles and one of them is poison would you still eat from that bowl? would you take that chance?

affleckman confirmed as trump jr

Because the power he possesses makes even a one percent chance that he will try and eradicate humankind unacceptable.

>wuhh
>your mother is martha?!
>you have people that you care for?!?

>somehow this makes the 1% chance mean nothing!!

Snyder tried to rip off the theme from TDK, where Bats went all Dick Cheney and used everyone's cellphones to put them all under surveillance. A conservative film critic (probably Armond White) picked up on that (oddly, no one else detected it, filmgoer or critic) and wrote a good essay claiming the film was a metaphor for the GWOT and apologia for the nat'l security policies of the Bush Administration.

Then this unoriginal faggot Snyder comes along and tries to rehash it.

>If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response.
It's a satire of the post-9/11/pre-Iraq war situation on the USA. You probably aren't old enough to remember it, Marvelkids.

It definitely makes sense. consequences x probability of them happening = risk.

Superman being an enemy is an infinite consequence, times 0.01, infinite risk

The man that made this thought that was quality writing.

What else do you need explained?

I thought it seemed familiar. reminded me of World War Z.
>whenever 9 people looking at the same information come to the same conclusion, it's the 10th's duty to disagree and actively look for evidence to the contrary

it does not. Bruce is butthurt and thinking emotionally
That is bull and can be said about nukes and half the countries in the world. attempt to kill him is likely to increase the possibility.

How far does that logic go?

>If there's even a one percent chance the President will start a nuclear war we have it to take it as an absolute certainty...and we have to destroy him.

>If there's even a one percent chance [X Scientist working with a deadly virus] would release it on the public we have it to take it as an absolute certainty...and we have to destroy him.

>If there's even a one percent chance global warming will cause extinction we have it to take it as an absolute certainty...and we have to destroy BP.

kek. True, martha is meant to show that sups is human too but its not like humans don't have 1% chance of destroying shit

Downloading now. I heard this film was shit but this WEB-M is the most fun I've hard from a movie in years.

The critics really are out to get Snyder.

it would be so much easier if faggots focused on making movies instead of politik and unrelated symbology.
>people bring you in to make capshit
>you shit out your personal ideology

Occasionally, DC comics have been known to use their characters in an allegorical context, especially in their hypothetical "Elseworlds" one-offs. In BvS, the Batman's character is representative of post-911 Western society. That quote is a paraphrase of Cheney's One Percent Doctrine.

His entire portrayal in BvS serves as commentary on how far the West has fallen by chasing vengeance and allowing xenophobia to give us tunnel vision. Everyone comments on how the Batman isn't the Batman without his "no killing" code intact. That's true. Without it, he's not a hero, just a reactionary vigilante who tortures, brands people, turns a blind eye to the fates of those he marks, and justifies preemptive murder based solely off who his "enemy" is, where he's from, and what he might do.

He's not heroic when he does such things, but then again, neither is America.

Lets say a person with a gun that is standing in a crowded street has a personality change every 100 hundred seconds where he shoots someone, wouldnt you want to take that gun away from him?

That implies that 9 were biased from the get go and ignored the contrary information

Zack Snyder is an American and Americans can justify murdering innocent people because they might be your enemy one day

>If there's even a one percent chance there is spit in my burger we have to kill everyone in the resultant

No, the film really is shit, user.

If that Webm sold you on it, I'm afraid you have shit taste.

It worked in TDK, though. It was deft. Snyder's a fag twice over because the idea wasn't even his, and then he goes and ham-fists it.

>people bring you in to make a culturally infantilizing degenerate toy commercial
>instead you try your best to make an actual film with themes relevent to the real world
Oh no, what a le hack.

people in glass houses and all that.

Name one time Marvel used symbolism to show their """political themes""" i'll wait.

Sucker Punch is absolute kino. If that film came out under the name of David Lynch it would have been in every critics end of year top 10.

I'm watching it and I'm slashing at my arms with a razor blade. This is the power of white intellectualism. No woman or shitskin will ever understand SYNDERKINO.

It did not work, he is already outside the law so any lines are arbitrary, based on batman's personal preference. same TDKR I just liked it because it was shitting on occupy and I did not like occupy.

.01*100,000,000,000= 1,000,000,000

One trillion is still a big number even if it isn't 100 trillion.

but this is a mathematical certainty in a short period of time you can graph it and get precise results.

and fail at both

Superman is the equivalent of a thousand nukes in a human body with a mind that no one is certain about except for Lois and the people of Smallville. He's an alien that has seemed benevolent so far but were he to change his mind or snap (like Bruce dreamed about) then there is nothing that can stop him.

You can't compare it to nukes that are controlled by a nation of people. Were a nation to launch a nuke in the present day then the escalation could cause the destruction of the human race which is why it's used more as a deterrent. Again, Superman is an alien, the theoretical worst case scenario would be that he doesn't give two shits about humans so he has no reason to hold back.

Cough (Winter Solider) Cough

Really, really awful post

This Superman is a bowl of 100 Skittles. If there's a chance one of those Skittles is poison, you just throw out the bowl.

the world is static, by the time you are done graphing the results are outdated.

>nukes that are controlled by a nation of people.
Nuclear weapons are controlled by single individuals. Deadly viruses are controlled by single individuals.

BvS is a flawed movie but it's the absolute pinaccle of what a comic book blockbuster is able to be in the current cinema landscape. A fascinating portrait of the clash between visionary artist and commercial franchise building.

The "universe" ultimately engulfs the artist every time, but it's interesting to see what Snyder was able to get away with.

so if there is nothing to stop him than stop worrying about it. like the fear of nukes during the cold war.
>the theoretical worst case scenario would be that he doesn't give two shits about humans so he has no reason to hold back.
Then why is he saving people?
>You can't compare it to nukes that are controlled by a nation of people
nation of people does not control nukes. usually its down to 3 guys.

It wasn't a rehash. See .

Alright, but the decision makers are bound by the fact they serve their nation.

Not many people in the DC universe would believe that Superman would go off the rails and scorch the earth but the point is that in the very worst case scenario humanity would be powerless unless they have their own deterrent in place.

All of this is even spelt out in the film, it's not a subtle point.

>Alright, but the decision makers are bound by the fact they serve their nation.
kek. also if superman has that 1% chance are you really going to say that decision makers don't?
>unless they have their own deterrent in place.
a madman cares not for deterrents. He will march into mutual destruction with a smile on his face

>>If there's even a one percent chance global warming will cause extinction we have it to take it as an absolute certainty...and we have to destroy BP.

wtf dude. this is literally happening.

>Wtf? Can someone explain this retarded logic to me, like, how does this make sense at all? Who wrote this shit? Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a super genius and he thinks that this makes sense?
Dude can wipe out the entire human civilization and no one can so much as put a dent in him.

Yes, if there's a 1% chance of it happening you have to deal with it somehow, even if it's befriending him.

Because if it DOES happen, it's too late.

Also, keep in mind he was being haunted by dreams of a post-apocalyptic future ruined by Superman.

then there is no such thing as war strategy and all moves done by all people are irrational and nothing makes any sense to anyone

It's about the control over a situational where one feels powerless against an unknown factor. Of course if the guy with the overwhelming power is crazy enough to go for complete mutual destruction then it doesn't matter but the feeling of having no control over the situation at all is what drove Bruce to say what he did.

strategy is deliberately made out of long strokes, since you never know how things will go.
tactics are always made in a limited frame and even then can be rendered pointless by the first move of the opponent. That is why adjustments are made during battle and communication lines are important, even then absolute certainty is out of reach

so what you are saying is "lets risk triggering god so we can feel better" like I said emotional response. sink billions into it while you are at it, Im sure comic luthor would be proud

>alien comes down from sky with other aliens and blow up a city
>alien decides to stick around and starts flying everywhere doing stuff without permission
>no actions should be taken against this alien because LOL HES SUPERMAN PICK UP A COMIC DUDE XD WHY ISNT HE SMILING FUK U ZACK SNYDER

I'm not advocating that at all. I was simply explaining the motivations of a fictional character.

The motive is understood, the same way the motive of clarks dad was understood when he let tornado kill him. people are just pointing out how stupid it is and how having shit motivation is no more engaging than evil guy being evil for the lolz

Zod told the entire Earth that Superman lived on Earth for 33 years and was raised there

Bruce pretty much remembered all that with the Martha moment and also that he's being a murderous asshole off a 1% chance that plant could be a weed (he kills weeds). A mistake people dont realize is that Batman actually changes his morals TWICE in the movie. Once after he decides to spare Superman, and again after Superman dies. That sacrifice inspired to him stop weeding

see strategy is made out of long strokes and that is done against a specific party with planning that is all about the capabilities not unrelated phenomenon (see: The fight Superman vs Zod and fire from the sky)

tactics are done within a short period of time that goes back and forth but there is alwas the same expectation that your entire army is in play and will get hit sometime somewhere and hard ( See: When Superman captured and killed Batman in the dream sequence)

WOW

You're just now realizing Batman's arc. HE'S WRONG. HE'S ANGRY, VENGEFUL, AND CONFUSED. HE'S NOT PERFECT.

caution is needed. maybe work with a group instead of trying to fight him with a spear like a retard.if superman wished it he should be able to counter any weapons against himself, even destroy them in the initial stage of production.

something something winter soldier something something nsa something something big government something something cost of freedom

also explosions

I think it makes a bit of sense for Bruce to go nuts over it, it's part of his hubris. His company, employees and city are under his protection so he feels he's being motivated by all the lives that are in his hands even though he is a private citizen.

Yup. That's about the closest they've ever come. Civil War could have done wonders with everything from right to privacy, to gun control, to unlawful imprisonment, but hey, playground fight.

*even though he is a private citizen who has no real right to be making decisions that can affect the whole planet.

You're putting way too much thought into this shitty movie.

And you're not putting in enough. It's all there, and it's all completely intentional. It goes all the way back to MoS.

>HE'S WRONG.

Except for that part of the movie where he goes into an alternate universe and the alternate universe Flash then tells him he was always right about Superman. :^)

What do you mean by this?

You mean it's your head canon that the director doesn't even agree with.

batman-news.com/2016/03/25/why-does-batman-kill-in-batman-v-superman/

+ its also hurt by shit like,people waiting for his say so to evacuate, school kids being on a trip to his company on that day, the company branch being in metropolis especially when gotham is over the river, legless guys checks being intersected without bats noticing or ever checking up on him despite his "family" being allegedly important to him

No, he never said Superman. He said "him," after having no qualms about mentioning Lois by name. There's a chance he didn't say who "him" was for a reason. That reason could have something to do with super-hearing, or it may be he's hinting at someone else. Speak of the Devil and the Devil appears.

Russia, EU

Everything you're referring to is in perfect keeping with how impersonal and detached we feel about drone strikes.

Winter Soldier's Red Book=Sokovia Accords

Both are binding? well that has always been true. a dictator tell you what to do, while liberal tells you that you are free to do whatever you want but then makes it super expansive/near impossible to do anything other than the thing he wants you to do. such is life

IS THIS A NEW MEME ?
CUZ I LIKE IT

Do you think this could have been avoided if instead of Zod appearing first and giving kryptonians (and aliens by default) a bad name, Superman would have presented himself first?
Apart from that, it emphasizes in Steve's point of shifting the blame (Who is responsible of Tony's parents deaths, HYDRA or Barnes?/If The Avengers work with the UN, should they be responsible of whatever task they are ordered to do?)

>kill everyone in the resultant

We see you, sandnigger terrorist.

>Zod told the entire Earth that Superman lived on Earth for 33 years and was raised there
>Bruce pretty much remembered all that with the Martha moment

kek

reaching new levels of reaching

>Steve's point of shifting the blame (Who is responsible of Tony's parents deaths, HYDRA or Barnes?
but Barnes was not in control of himself while avengers are. taking steves outlook could mean that no one should ever join police,military, hell no one should ever become a plane captain

Yes, if Supes had gotten the chance to make his debut first, I think things would have worked out differently.

Cheney and Rumsfeld ghostwrote BvS

>but Barnes was not in control of himself while avengers are
About this, what would have happened if none of them followed their orders? Retirement too?

>muh war on terror analogies

yes, its retirement or desertion. is it outrageous that nations would not welcome armed vigilantes?

wrong pic

well he seems to have infinite power so even if there is one percent chance superman would be your enemy he puts you at infinite risk

Kys plebs

wow that's fucking awful

And where do we find the guy who was pulling all the strings?

Making a deal with the "Devil" waste-deep in something that looks suspiciously like oil. Yep, totally coincidence.

>There's a chance he didn't say who "him" was for a reason.
Are you being intentionally obtuse? In the previous scene Evil Superman was bitching to Batman that was Lois was dead. Then the Flash mentioned Lois Lane in the next scene about her being the "key" and fearing the evil Superman we just saw 2 minutes earlier.

There's no mystery in who he was talking about.

That still has nothing to do with the movie, DCuck.

>going so far to defend this shit that you ignore the director's reasoning for Batman's murders

So directors(besides Nolan) make a habit of going on record explaining the meanings of their films?

Not at all. He may have really been talking about Superman, but if he was and he was definitely coming back in time to prevent the dystopian future of his timeline, why would he care if Superman heard him talking about him?

Personally, I think Bruce's flashforward was an unintended side-effect of the Flash contacting him and Barry might not have even been aware of it.

Steve's thinking is prety stupid as said. It doesn't shift the blame to the UN too, because the world and the media will still blame soldiers. Who cares if they were not allowed to say otherwise or to refuse orders?
On a side note, Bucky could have just told Tony everything but he run like a faggot again.

Are Americans so fucking dumb that they don't see the parallels between this movie and the last fucking 15 years of an American Shitshow

Not all of us.

>Americans can't understand capeshit
I really hope Putin activates the Dead Man's hand.

Man, I read it in voice.

I'm still a bit baffled by people that hated this. Affleck as Batman alone was worth the price of admission, and the extended cut was even better.

I loved how his opening scene was filmed like a horror film. It was fucking great having Bats scary again.

I can't wait for the solo film.

It makes sense because they'd be completely powerless to stop him in time. It's like if there's an asteroid that has a 1% chance of hitting Earth and wiping out all life here, then you've have to devote all resources toward destroying it because the stakes are so high.

>I loved how his opening scene was filmed like a horror film. It was fucking great having Bats scary again.
Seriously that was fucked up, I'd be scared to be a cop in Gotham. Or a criminal.

>I loved how his opening scene was filmed like a horror film. It was fucking great having Bats scary again.
And that last scene in the prison!

He's sees something out of his peripheral and thence starts shooting at it as "flies" away. Rad as hell.

The flickering lights and him striding forward like a monster. Fucking loved it.