>dolly shot

>shot
>reverse shot

>crane shot

>not liking long take

christ she's perfect

>dream sequence

>jump cuts

Seriously this. I can't think of a good single dream sequence in any single movie. Maybe some comedy. It's usually a lazy way for writers to foreshadow elements that will appear in later in the film, usually with no even attempt at a good explanation of why this is happening, or a way to introduce interesting shots without any proper buildup, also with no explanation.

this looks so much like my dog wtf

Why do they exist

>dialogue

Whats wrong with them

>movies

>what is memeing?

>shadman

Source?

Sopranos did it pretty well, and they have quite a lot of them.
When Tony dreams of Pussy being a talking fish, or when he dreams of his old high school football coach and has chocolate bullets when he attempts to shoot him. Another one is when Melfi dreams of fucking Tony.
And all these actually work because it's in their subconscious, and it's a way of giving some sort of depth to the characters instead of a vehicle for the narrative.

If this is a legitimate "meme" then its shit

>Who are you quoting?

name one good long take

Source on what?

I don't agree. The idea of dreams somehow being an opportunity for writers incredibly surrealistic and symbolic scenes is incredibly contrived. The dream sequence in season one was so incredibly idiotic where Tony where somehow created some imaginary woman and started hallucinating entire events alone indicates that Sopranos did not do it well. I've lived long enough on this earth to know dreams don't work like that.

Goodfellas
Children of Men
Rope

Goodfellas?

Victoria
Birdman
Most scenes in Children of Men
The traffic scene in Weekend
The wall scene in Stray Dogs

>shot reverse shot

Hunger

Flashback to the past. BLAST IT WITH BLOOM!!!

True detective

Holy shit was that good. One of the best standalone scenes I've ever seen.

last season of black sails had a long take that was insanely good

it had no business being on a STARZ show

Literally nothing wrong with shot reverse shot if used correctly.

kek, next you're going to tell me movies can have dialogue or cuts.

>dumbfuck that has no idea how to talk about film so he just says shit like "long take" thinking it means something despite there being specific terminology for such things

Charlie Work

>one take mirror shot that transitions into a reverse line take

youtube.com/watch?v=hZ67H9JHAHM

The entirety of Birdman

:^)

Dreamscape
The Exorcist
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hackers

watch the big country

Any Herzog movie

Tightest action scene I've ever seen. Children of men had couple of really good ones too.

Haven't seen any of the dream sequences in those films except Hackers, and you still have the problem of one, not really giving the sense of how dreams feel, (though it's better than many other dream sequences), and two, it makes little sense within the pacing of the movie, as if there should be some confused action or romance scene at that point, which there shouldn't be.

But as far as dream sequences go, that one isn't so bad, considering how the entire movie is complete and utter schlock.

post the webm

the piss sweeping long take was unnecessary

I want to pee all over her

you called?

that was a gimmick shot if i ever saw one