ITT: We make Sup Forums rage

>80% of my favourite music is from Japan

>I hate the shit out of NMH, Built to Spill, Modest Mouse, Animal Collective and other indie white p4 nu male crap

So unpopular Sup Forums opinions thread?

>David Bowie is overrated
>TVU is Overrated
>Tame Impala is Underrated

Emo, pop punk, and metal are unlistenable for the sole reason of their inherent emotional immaturity

you know that shitty tumblr band wouldnt exist without TvU and Bowie?

swans is boring and unoriginal

Don't know if that's the same thing.

Also, Tame Impala sucks outside of a handful of really good songs.

>TVU is overrated yet tame impala is underrated
>being this bad at music
tame impala is the most boring and contrived wanna be neopsych garbage that all my normie friends love to think makes them cool for knowing. so guess your opinion makes sense

>doubt.png
I have no doubt of their influence.
And for that, I appreciate them.

But there's very little in eithers catalog I would choose to listen to with my own time.

>I only really listen to music from the late 40's through to the early/mid 70's (mostly 50's and 60's)
>I own at least 2000 CDs and about 60 records
>I don't download or stream music apart from the occasional YouTube video
>I think electronic/synthesized sound is the worst thing to happen to music
>I have very narrow tastes, mostly limited to (old) rock/pop/country/blues/soul
>I have no interest in jazz or classical

I'm not mad, I just pity you.

Has nothing to do with image.
Tame Impala's albums all make feel emotions in such a way, very little other artists are capable of.
Currents is my 2nd favorite album of all time.
You're welcome to your opinion, but I disagree.

death grips are great

I'll say that "Why Won't They Talk to Me" and "Keep On Lying" are superb, emotionally grand tracks; but almost everything else is just like how do I shrug my shoulders more than I already am without injuring myself.

>all my normie friends love to think makes them cool for knowing

I knew this was the reason Sup Forums hates Tame Impala, boring elitism

i guess whatever gets your chromosome deficient feels going is right for you. but they are shallow, white bread music that was even worse live. pretty sure plants

>white as an insult

no interesting person has ever done this

right?
Can't comment as I've never seen them live.
But they're far beyond shallow imo.

To each their own.
Probably my favorite tracks off lonerism (if I had to pick) though I find the highs on Currents are more grand personally.

its not elitism when the mass appeal represents easily digestible output that panders to a wide audience. Nothing wrong with pop songs that sound catchy, but when they have no substance or interesting qualities worth revisiting, those who tout them are pretty bad at music

white bread. as in not interesting, as in the most boring, non offensive, simplest denomination. like if someone says they listen to rock like rhcp, sublime, and nirvana. literally says nothing about them. no flavor

I'll be honest, your passion for Currents is making me more interested in exploring it beyond the cursory examination I made a few months ago. I just didn't have it in me to listen to it several times over after doing the same with Innerspeaker and Lonerism and getting very little out of them. But I'll see about listening to Currents more.

how about we make Sup Forums happy
with choa

>k-pop
good rage post

Shit, it's Neil Young at Farm Aid.

how can anyone get mad at choa, she's the nicest girl in the world with the best personality and she's cute and makes great music

do you ever stop and think how disgusted she would be if she ever met you/knew you personally were a fan?

Agree with all of those except for tame impala. I think they're trash, I'm with the popular opinion here.

VU and David bowie appeal to the vainest, most vapid type of people. All style no substance.

Some redpills mu won't swallow
>most "experimental" music is genuinely bad, untalented and just awful
>if something is super obscure, that's probably because its not very good
>most chart topping pop music has genuinely more talent and more musical understanding/ability/competence than the majority of what rym and mu claim is good
>genres like post punk/new wave/etc. are derivative pretentious and worse versions of their predecessors
>shoegaze is one the least versatile genres on earth, bands like slow dive prove this in how unoriginal and lame they are
>I wear sports attire like adidas tiros pants and probably know more about actual music than you do

choa loves all her fans so she wouldn't be disgusted

disagree about VU but bowie i just don't personally connect with, but can't deny the talent.

disagree about obscureness, talented musicians don't always get the exposure deserved. see son house, j mascis, etc who were older before being appreciated.

also your feelings about genres are pretty small minded and prob limit your music exposure. can tell this because you think clothes have anything to do with music and that wearing adidas makes you le outsider patrician

It's certainly a grower in my opinion.

Though I find the same is true for all their albums.

I only mildly liked it the first time through but it kept bringing me back to it, until it got to this point where it's one of my absolute favorites.

It clicked for me a lot faster then the other albums though.

innerspeaker especially (and lonerism to a lesser degree) both took months for me to appreciate them as much as I do now.

But, the things that I look for most in my music (or at least I find are qualities in my favorites) are A) Danceableness, I'm a very physical person when it comes to music, B) Melodies, if it's distinct all the better for me, C) Lyrics, usually that I can relate to, and D) Detail, new things to notice everytime I listen while still being familiar with the overall sound of it.

That mix of familiarity in music combined with still being surprised at what I find is definitely one of the things I listen for most.

>also your feelings about genres are pretty small minded and prob limit your music exposure

>small minded
I've heard too much of each over the years until I literally went wtf this isnt that good one day

That last one was to make mu mad. Very often mu/rym/lastfm fags will say shit like "wonder what you look like" and seem to think wearing normal clothes makes someone's personality inferior.

unless the band is trying to be a genre definition, most good bands that people try to classify as punk, art rock, garage etc are much more then those genres, taking the influence and becoming something great. its stupid to say no new music fitting any of those genres has worth because le wrong generation nostalgia

say that to my face and not online

dont you have a little containment thread that you guys stick to so we dont have to put up with your autist shit?

honest question, why are you even here? you could be in progheads or r/classicrock

>le wrong generation
What does this have to do with anything?
>something great
No. As I said, most of those genres are derivative and stale.

choa doesn't deserve containment

Experimental music is not supposed to be enjoyed, of course you can enjoy textures and being hype for their originality but is not something you would sing in your car or in your shower, music that you really like is the one you can enjoy in the outside of your bed and without the intention of "diggin"

op may be a weabo but he enjoy all of his music unlike most of us, I quited trying to enjoy experimental stuff months ago and ive been happy since them ,sticking with my favourites genres instead of trying to like something by obligation

>t. average Sup Forums snob

i like music

>being this butt hurt
>all music is good and valid and there is nothing wrong with listening to any type of music
since when is it snobby to call saccharin pop music uninteresting. i didn't say it sounded bad, just boring. i bet you judge people who like big bang theory and read 50 shades of grey. popularity doesn't always mean bad (beatles rollings stones etc) except when it does

you fucking faggot

you fucking faggot

Mel Gibson is my idol.

I like music

Emo is the most immature, whiney, bitchy genre I've heard heard in my whole miserable life. Just listen to some Erik Satie compositions if you're feeling down, fuck.

Irony and post irony are for bugmen

Metal is more interesting than 90% of shit referred to as Sup Forumscore

>>I think electronic/synthesized sound is the worst thing to happen to music
I'm curious why, not because I want to change your mind

I don't come here too often. I usually post on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums, though their endless Beatles worship gets tiresome. They may be the greatest band ever, but I'm so sick of hearing about them.

It removes the organic human element from music. It makes everything cold and clean and sterile.

Who gives a shit man
>Emotional immaturity is a bad thing in art
>Those genres cannot exist without emotional immaturity
Man i understand the feeling behind this point and it's perfectly fine but what you actually said is objectively wrong

name (((one)))

I AM BLACK AND I WANT TO FUCK BJORK

>It removes the organic human element from music. It makes everything cold and clean and sterile.
There are obvious counter examples of this

>I have no interest in jazz or classical
Pleb

>most "experimental" music is genuinely bad, untalented and just awful
Really depends of your definition of experimental music desu

>if something is super obscure, that's probably because its not very good
Really depends of your definition of super obscure desu

>genres like post punk/new wave/etc. are derivative
Yes
>pretentious
Often
>and worse versions of their predecessors
Eh
>shoegaze is one the least versatile genres on earth
Yes
>bands like slow dive prove this in how unoriginal and lame they are
No
>I wear sports attire like adidas tiros pants
Who gives a fuck
> probably know more about actual music than you do
Prove it

>I have no interest in jazz
You were pretty patrician until that. Dropped.

>implying guitars and drums are human extentions

so you are one of those "is just touch some buttons" redditors

Radiohead fucking blows. The sound of grown men crying to the rustling of tinfoil.

Fuck off back to

>I will unironically dismiss genres like folk rock and indie based on image alone
>The metal Sup Forums shills for is either tryhard indie bullshit or derivative OSDM trying to be Entombed 20 years after they were actually relevant
>I won't delve deeper into an essential artist's catalogue because their later works are often tired out rehashes or sellout garbage

Either you replied to the wrong person or i don't understand your point at all.

you fuckig wish lol

I'm drawn to music that's rigid, earthy, and almost stupid. Stuff by hillbillies who didn't always have running water, high school garage bands that only made one single, and black people who couldn't read sheet music let alone English. Is there jazz which offers the same feeling?

>It removes the organic human element from music. It makes everything cold and clean and sterile
I mean, if we're talking about EDM or mainstream "Electronic" then I agree but there are a lot of songs by Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada that make me feel a variety of emotions. At the end of the day, it's your opinion and I respect that.

I enjoy a wide variety of music and I think that anyone can find something they really like in any genre or country's works if they look hard enough.

You disgust me

>It removes the organic human element from music. It makes everything cold and clean and sterile.
There are obvious counter examples of this

Was meant for
Obviously

interesting that you guys both replied to the wrong person (mobileposters)
I agree that electronic music is good but these are pretty shallow arguments. obviously hand made instruments are going to have a more detailed harmonic series with more partials than digital or digitally controlled signals.

hey guys, look at this fucking faggot

>interesting that you guys both replied to the wrong person (mobileposters)
>tfw not even a mobileposter and just tired and mildly drunk

Did Mel ever get that blowjob before the jacuzzi?

this desu