I just watched this piece of shit Dr Strange and just looked at the Rotten Tomatoes reviews again

I just watched this piece of shit Dr Strange and just looked at the Rotten Tomatoes reviews again.

This is blatant false advertising. It's disingenous. Nothing these people say represent the actual movie. One reviewer even compares this turd to fucking 2001. What the fuck? How can people not see there is something really wrong going on behind the scenes here? Adult people who unironically praise a live-action Saturday morning cartoon and dares draw parellels to fucking 2001.

Butthurt dc cuck detected

>Like a cross between Harry Potter and 2001: A Space Odyssey
What the fuck? These people get paid writing this?

Yes. Paid by Disney.

>it's also heady in a way most Marvel movies aren't
What the fuck does heady even mean? Also these people are so desperate to elevate this movie above other Marvel movies while also being the people who rated the previous Marvel movies as great. I guess they have to adapt their reviews to word of mouth as to seem geniune.

>tfw not inteligint enough for doctor strange

what does it mean though? like literally. intelligent?

>mfw americans "take sides" for corporations.

>went to watch capeshit

you deserved it

Yeah I keked at this

It wasn't though. It was no more intelligent than an episode of Legend of Korra. I refuse to believe an adult is intellectually stimulated by Dr Strange.

So it's like a cross between 2001: A Space Odyssey and one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

kek

Since when is 12th Grade Englist Tier considered God Tier?

Harry Potter is shit but the 2001 comparison makes no fucking sense at all.

Didn't we establish this corruption already with Civil Turd getting so many glowing reviews?

Has any pasta in history been forced this hard?

On other boards yes

I will have you know I graduated top of my class.

Maybe. I would think that has some sort of general application that could apply whenever anyone is insulted, when people post this any time Harry Potter or anything related to it is mentioned in any thread.

WATCH IT DOORMAMU

That's how Quentin memes work, probably still doing the Nintendo 3DS ones on Sup Forums

>it's a lot of fun ;)
I used to think this was just ironic shitposting.

Civil War was the only good Marvel movie in years though.

> He fell for the Disney meme
> He fell for the critics comparing these turds to good movie

> Captain America : TFA is a war movie, it's like the superhero version of Band of Brothers with the depth of The Thin Red Line
> Captain America : TWS is a thriller, why else would Redford be in it ? It's a metaphor for real life politics, omg men in suits saying "Hail Hydra"
> Thor is Shakespearean. It has british accents, Anthony hopkins and Kenneth Branagh, it's really mature.
etc

Do you realize that the whole harry potter/2001 thing is just to tell to the average Joe about the mix of genres/style instead of quality?

>2001
>Professor Peculiar

Both films had a trippy bit of visuals.
That is the only point being made.

If you claim you can't see that parallel the only disingenuous one here is you.

Modern film reviewers are indistinguishable from video game reviewers.

You're the one who went to see a capeshit movie though. What did you expect.

>whitewash the Ancient One
>only black guy in the cast goes evil
>Asian guy and the nurse woman love interest get nothing to do
>white guy saves the day once again

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

It's OK when Disney does it

>In the comics, Baron Mordo is a master of the dark arts. The filmmakers decided to tell the story visually.

>reviewer says it's like Harry Potter
>movie is shit

No, for once they were right.

Was it one of the dullest franchises though?

Why did Kaecillus have to kill the poor librarian when he could just portal arm and take the book like Strange did?

Why did it take Kaecillus to so long like 6 years or however long Strange's training is to decipher the torn page?

What's the literal drawback of reverse time? It can't be destroyed (infinity gem) and can pull back time indefinitely. OP as fuck

Why didn't Strange turn back the time when Tilda Swinton died?

Why was Dormatut considered evil when nobody even knew what he was?

But 2001 and Strange are visually nothing alike. The comparison makes no sense. It's only there to advertise the movie. An honest competent reviewer would never make that comparison.

That is one handsome motherfucker, veering dangerously close to dreamy.

The fact Pratchett isn't even on that list mean its automatically garbage.

/lit/ is the Sup Forums of books or the Sup Forums of books or the Sup Forums of books.

>think London Has Fallen is some piece of fringe right propaganda like Hillary's America based on this picture
>look it up
>realize it's just a shitty action thriller made by an Iranian

As a ameritard we read these in my freshman year of high school. This is basic literature for most teens in the midwest.

Ignore /lit/eral cunts, they like every board hates what they are talking about, If you want to read Dresden files or War and peace, if you enjoy it what the fuck is the matter. Every intelligent person I know doesn't give two shits what you like, "Smart" people are insecure about their intelligence and will look down on you so they can judge you.

it was a completely by the books action movie. these chucklefucks are mad solely because the bad guys in it are middle eastern

It's a troll chart you idiots. /lit/ would never put Ulysses or The Trial bellow High Tier.

The movie is pretty good brainless entertainment. Certainly worth watching.

I travel /lit/ all the time, a few years ago yes this would have been a troll.

But not nu-/lit/ like most boards the next wave don't take it as truth and not a troll just like how Sup Forums takes Master Race seriously instead as a insult the rest of us do.

I know this might be surprising, but maybe... just MAYBE, the people reviewing these movies actually enjoy Marvel's formulaic movies.

Which really shouldn't be very surprising, since they're designed from the ground up and focus tested to hell and back to be appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Most people haver shit taste desu.

You know what I like the movies, I just shit post because its fun.

Yeah they are formulaic, so is food, I don't throw a hissy fit that the goddamn pizza is a goddamn pizza when i eat it, I don't fucking eat pizza if I didn't want it. I don't insistently bitch that pizza is just pizza. I go have a burger of have pasta or something else.

And marvel movies are just the junk food of movies, you can bitch all you want that people are eating it but that not going to stop them from eating it unless you form some kind of cunty group who wags their finder at people for enjoying something, or you get middle aged mother to do it for you.

And you know what Karen some times I don't want to eat healthy, some times all i want is a Goddamn Pizza with fucking garlic, onions, and fucking peppers. And some times i want to watch a goddamn super hero do the some shit as every movie because i know that I'm going to get a action scene and some one hamming up the villain role. And like fast food there is bad fast food and people will love it.

Same.

Marvel puts out a consistently mediocre product that's almost always guaranteed to be "a fun time at the movies you'll forget about a few days later".

I'm not going in expecting anything deep, artistic, or thought provoking, if I was I wouldn't be looking towards most mainstream movies in general. If I'm just looking for something to do on a boring Saturday with some friends, they're fine.

>Comparing this garbage to 2001

Ghostbusters was rated highly solely because of the political implications of the movie. It was simple political shitflinging. Few people even reviewed the fucking movie. The ones that did hated it.

But the reviews explicitly attempt to elevate this above other Marvel movies. Look at the reviews. They are desperate to distance this from the rest because they know Marvel has got a brand of mediocrity now and they can't be seen comparing this other mediocre movies in the universe. Fuck it, let's compare it to 2001 instead. That will keep the Disney pay check rolling in.

Protip: They think every new Marvel movie is the best Marvel movie because they've already forgotten what the last few are like.

The next part is even better

>it might baffle younger children
IT'S

A

FUCKING

KIDS

MOVIE

What the fuck? I hope this is just gross incompetence and not corruption. The new generation of film reviewers are going to be a huge mess of cancer.

Kids movie =/= Teenager/Young Adult movie

I'd put it about same age group as the Goofy Movie.
A kid (someone between ages 4-12) could enjoy it, but to really get it, you'd have to be 13+, and it's best if you're up to about 20-22, maybe less, depending on how many movies you saw or how outgoing you are.

But they aren't fine. They're bad. Why not hang out at a friend's place and watch something good? Quit giving these movie factories money.

>Kanye West

wut

Butthurt Dcuck wondering why people aren't watching his movies

They're shit

Suicide Squad made tons of cash. But it was apparently bad since they copied Marvel. I don't know I haven't seen it. But I wonder why you're so desperate to start these corporate wars. Do you know that Marvel doesn't care about you? Nor does DC or what the fuck.

I'll have to agree with OP.

Some jokes fell out of place? and it was like ehh? why? like they're forcing Cumpatch to become RDJ

Nice visuals tho.

I rate the film 6.3/10

>tylerTheCreator.shitpost
Talking comments serious

the quips didn't work with the movie. Wong laughing at the end and the scene with Thor are literally face palm moments

BEYONCE

It's okay DCuck

It won't beat Suicide Squads box office

>Muh console wars

You have to go back

Anti-shilling is still shilling.

It's not a conspiracy when someone points out a movie is bad.

>The Great Gatsby in god-tier

Doctor Strange is good.

If you don't like Marvel or superhero movies, you won't like Doctor Strange, though.

You got it backwards

Doctor Strange isn't good, and can only be liked if you're a fan of Marvel/Superhero movies

>DUDE DISNEY DOESNT PAY SHILLS TO WRITE REVIEWS LMAO!

nerd culture is a cancer

Please make me cringe

Can we find and kill that Alison Willmore bitch already? She's disgusting.

How does one become a critic? I mean paid to do stupid reviews like these. Do I correctly assume that it's a job almost everyone is trying to get and that there's a shit ton of competition?

No, it's good. If you don't like the genre, obviously you aren't going to like it.

If it were bad, people who like the genre wouldn't like it. Basically nobody would like it.

You don't judge a movie on whether or not people who hate the genre hate the movie. If you did, just about every movie would be bad.

>"I HATE EVERY MARVEL MOVIE!"
>"Why didn't I like this Marvel movie? Thought it was supposed to be good."
Are you retarded?

>This is blatant false advertising.

It isn't, because it isn't advertising. technically anyhow

>food analogy

>One reviewer even compares this turd to fucking 2001. What the fuck?
Confirmed baffled younger child

You get there by having connections and then sucking it up the political tone of that clique. Skill and knowledge has very little to do with it.

Did you know that the first Thor movie was directed by one of the most respected shakesperian actors/directors alive?

yes, and it's his worst film

I know this feels like fishing for yous but it really feels great knowing people twice my age have are twice as stupid and vapid than me.

These people in full confidence write out these non-opinions? Why?

1) you went to see a capeshit movie
2) you care about "critics"
3) you care about critics on fucking RT
Why are you such an insecure faggot OP?

No shit, they promote that image everytime he directs/stars in a shitty movie now

>Stephen Whitty
This sounds like a fake name Homer Simpson would make up when he's pretending to be a smart person.

You mean they point out his prestige in the shakesperian community when he makes a Shakespeare movie?

Ya don't fukin say

Fuck I laughed like an idiot. Nice post user.

It's the mentality of this generation to pick a side with everything. Everyone is afraid of being an individual so people have to be against another group all the time. Having your own opinion in the world today is actually frowned upon.

>i hate fish
>this fish sandwich fucking sucks
Yeah, because you hate fish.

For those of us who don't hate fish, the fish sandwich was fine.

the mindfuck scene in Dr Strange AT A CERTAIN POINT looks like the mindfuck scene from 2001, that's the only similarity

>le food analogy