Looking for film suggestions

I'm looking for films similar to The Turin Horse and Sátántangó.

Keywords: bleak, despair, desolation, despond, gloom, death.

Other urls found in this thread:

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_700-601.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Army dog (2016)

Interestingly I rolled
>651
which is exactly the position of The Turin Horse in TSPDT
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_700-601.htm

Werckmeister harmóniák, obviously

Costa and Bartas

Haneke anything? specially the seventh continent.
Tarkovsky too.

I have seen it. No need to recommend me other Tarr, obviously I'll keep watching him. I'm looking for something else.

I know! Au Hasard Balthazar from Bresson, then pass the knife

I have seen Seventh Continent, but I think that's the only Haneke I have seen so far. I will watch Cache too.

As for Tarkovsky, not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm watching him too. I have seen Andrei Rublev and The Mirror, and going to watch Stalker very soon.

I have seen Au Hasard too! I'm planning to watch Pickpocket and A Man Escaped soon too. But again, not exactly what I'm looking for. I need much more despair and bleak films, maybe even with little to no dialogue.

Seventh Continent was fucking brutal

stalker is prob the most similar to turin horse. I like cache but it's not so similar to tarr. Did you try Lilya 4ever? It's quite depressing too.

I'm sorry but google don't show me anything. Did you mistyped it?
I'll take a look at this one, thanks. But war films are not exactly what I want.

yes, the last shot and epilogue hit me hard.
ohh I tought you were looking for philosophical movies. so maybe try post tenebras lux

>Lilya 4ever
I'll take a look. I need very bleak films that possibly ends with a protagonist's death. Death is really important, it's good if the film revolves around this theme. It is also good if the film does not have a love story, or does not have female as a main protagonist, it's good if it's not about relationships. I can almost say that Enter the Void did the trick for me, even though it's really different from what I described.

>you were looking for philosophical movies
Not necessarily. Basically the point of the movie can simply be about how life is bleak and pointless, and how there is nothing but death awaiting you, which is a relief and not a bad thing.
>post tenebras lux
will take a look, thanks

I love the way you're are going, I can recall maybe Once Upon A Time In Anatolia, Hors satan, uncle boome and holy motors, I definetely will tell you melancholia from lvtrier but it's so girly and all about relationships.

so, control from Corbijn too

gus van sant trilogy : gerry, elephant and last days. sorry I keep sameposting but I do it while I recall some movies

I'm surprised how so many recommendations I receive I have already seen and actually liked.
>Once Upon A Time In Anatolia
Again is on my list already, I will approach it one day (my list is about 150 films atm)
>Hors satan, uncle boome and holy motors
Not on my list, will take a look. I have heard about Holy Motors before.
>melancholia from lvtrier but it's so girly and all about relationships
Is on my list once again, I will watch it. After all it's fine too if it's girly, no big deal if it's a good film, I'm just not likely to end up loving it to the point of including it in my top 5 favorites.

Make sure it is the Mollberg film you'll watch and not the Edvin Laine one, if you decide to watch it.

Gloomkino masterpiece.

Honestly if you haven't seen it do so asap.

I lel every time people say this was bleak, despair ridden film. I found it comforting and hopeful.

I'd watch The White Ribbon over Cache.

Check out the dark knigjt risew (2012)

you're right. Today I watch The childhood of a leader and kinda obsessing about germinal evilness. Those too are going the same way.

i didn't realize it was a contest

Bergman's faith trilogy, also Bergman's Shame. Angelopoulos' The Beekeeper and Suspended Step of the Stork, maybe. Peter Watkin's Edvard Munch is about a severely depressed artist who is a pariah of sorts.

A lot of great films have been mentioned in this threat. These two I have watched recently and they could work for you:
Durak - The fool (very entertaining actually but bleak and bitter)
Hard to be a God by A. German (hardcore watching, the world is literally shit)