How the fuck do I remove this?

How the fuck do I remove this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Bb0H8DNMPs&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

flat head screw driver or the dull edge of a pocket knife

Chainsaw

Slip a puukko under it and gently pry up. Should pop off.

Throw it on the ground real hard.

Use rubbing alcohol and a credit card. A screw driver would scratch both metal surfaces

I remember my first fingerbox

Spudger or plastic McDonalds butterknife , leverage, and patience

do not do this. clear bait attempt to get you to destroy the cpu

twist it, OP. try with your hands first. if it doesnt work, open up your vice to the two sides of the cpu and then twist the heatsink

/thread
sage

how is this bait? Not the same person here. But I've used a small flat screwdriver and it's fine. The lid of the CPU is made of METAL you idiot. It's not like you can pierce it with a screwdriver.

Know that feel Bro. Just use force

The "lid" is ceramic and can break. Just twist it off the heatsink.

you cannot fit a screwdriver between the heatsink and IHS of the cpu you FUCKING DUMBASS

the only thing you can do is pry the FIBERGLASS PCB apart from the heatsink.

last time i checked you FUCKING RETARD, is that fiberglass isnt METAL.

YOU FUCKING CUCK

Grab and twist

You mean to tell me that silver stuff is not metal? The ceramic is under that you moron.
Nice attempt at looking smart.

youre such a clown

>cuck as an insult
ok buddy. calm down. If you have a small enough bit, you can just get it in there enough to pry it apart. Again, if you were smart, you would know this. It's just paste under it.

its thermal adhesive you CUCKOLD. Mfgs will use that rather than a paste you FUCKING NIGGER.

guaranteed i know more about it than you you fucking half breed spic

the thermal adhesive is under the lid. Then, on top of the lid, is paste. Then on top of this, is the heatsink, why is this so hard to understand? I'm not instructing OP to pry the lid off the CPU. God you're an idiot.

>BEING THIS AUTISTIC
what's it like to huff your own farts this hard?

nah i've used the dull edge of my pocket knife to pry CPUs from heatsinks before
just never used a flat head screw driver
takes a bit of force but it wont mess up ur CPU
shouldve just recommended the knife

my nigga
glockamole goes well with any meal

1. slide it off
2. 99% isopropyl alcohol on a qtip should loosen the compoud enough to be able to gently pull off

Dribble some denatured alcohol around the CPU/heatsink contact point, and twist. The shear force should help it to break loose.

or just twist it carefully, it will come.
if it's extremely stubborn, you can apply LIGHT HEAT to the heatsink. I had to this one time for a stuborn one. It helps loosen it up.

I see its a pretty difficult concept you got there

getting BAITED THIS HARD

you are ABSOLUTE SCUM YOU CHAD. I COULD TREAT A WOMAN WAY BETTER THAN YOU EVER COULD YOU FUCKING CUCKOLD

doesnt matter, twisting is a far safer method
l2physics

did you actually get trolled so hard you downloaded a pic, mspainted it, and reuploaded it to reply to me?

christ what an actual cuck.

manufacturers do not use the typical pastes we would use, a lot of them are pads or compounds with enough adhesive properties to them to have them do exactly what they did in OPs picture.

dont do this it creates mustard gas

the IHS is made of aluminium, edgelord

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're probably the type of idiot in tech forums who complain they can't get the heatsink off the CPU, then they post a pic of the tube they used, and it's actually thermal adhesive and everyone laughs. Those are great threads.

do people actually think prying against the fiberglass pcb of the cpu is a safer method than twisting? i cant believe this many dumbasses have never graduated high school or taken like a basic physics course.

This. Just mix some bleach and ammonia and dab it around the edges and it should slide right off.

I see you also removed it from the socket. Aside from the advice to slowly pull it apart (a flathead screwdriver will work if you're super careful and you really have no other options) make sure to inspect the pins to make sure none of them sheared off in the socket. Also, because it looks like you pulled it out of the socket without removing the clamp first (not intentionally), that may indicate you used too much thermal compound last time you applied it, and now it's acting like a vacuum, where the surface tension of the compound is making it difficult to remove.

Been building computers for over 10 years. Just be careful and you should be okay.

been working in the computer field for 12+ years. sure

>I ran out of insults and been proven wrong so let's just say I was "baiting" them... y- yeahhhh that'll work! th-they'll believe that!

Will you tell your mom to make you your tendies already? We're getting sick of your aspie attitude here.

also run an 800+ employee companies IT infrastructure with 3 relevant degrees

Puukko is too paksu. It's not gonna wörk.

Try dropping a grenade into it so it gets loose

just how big of a newfag are you?

1 year here?
you from reddit?

Take a razorblade and put gentle pressure, don't be in a hurry, always worked flawlessly for me.

My condolences to your company.

I read this in his voice and I've never heard it before in my life. I think I need to stop taking literally no drugs

Hello OP, PC Technician here.

Don't listen to any of these amateurs who know nothing about PC maintenence. All of their advice will lead to you potentially damaging your CPU by applying excessive forces to the outer CPU case (prying, or torsion).

What you want to do is put your stuck CPU and heatsink into your microwave and put it on for 2 minutes at power level 3 or 4. The dried thermal paste (which is currently acting like glue) is very dense so it will heat up and melt long before CPU can be damaged and will allow the CPU to just come off easily.

I tried this and it works every single time!

Obv this is bait, but one time, I actually did microwave a CPU in order to try and fry it to do a warranty scam. It worked after being microwaved for a minute, and sparked a lot. Pretty hilarious actually.

Don't worry, the scam was still done. Just had to go about it differently.

>putting metal into the microwave

I don't think so Neal Degras Tyson

** to clarify, I mean the CPU still was functional after being microwaved.

Put it down in freshly boiled salty water for 10 minutes

This. Once you get it loosened a bit, you can twist it to get it off

I needed a good chuckle, thanks OP for the bread.

dont do this it creates financial responsibilities for a black child you did not father as a white, protestant man

Rub it against your penis and record it

Never ask for help in Sup Forums... whatever you want to fix will end up even more screwed or directly exploding... ''poor girl with the how to fix my vibrator'' thread

OP get a razor, cutting knife, putty knife etc and gentlly scrape it off. Once you've detached it from the heat sink, use rubbing alcohol to clean it up. Shit dries fast so be quick.

Use channel locks and twist it off gently.

faggot

Show CPU tits and unix timestamp or gtfo

Seriously though, you can place in a conventional oven at about 175 - 200 F. It's not hot enough to damage a chip (it's forged in over 10x that temp) but it could help loosen the adhesive. About 10-15 minutes should be enough.

Pro-tip: works for water damaged cell phones too (take the battery out first).

literal down syndrome

that's not a pry-bar, genius.

Leave it there. No fucking reason to change or reseat the HS on this or a dinosaur either.

Maybe he wants the heatsink for a newer SBC.

its held on with dried polymer suspending the barium titanate or silver of the conductive compound.

turn it clockwise until it breaks free you fucking mong

lubricate it with your cum

Really, you should have left it in the socket, ran the computer to heat it up, then carefully used a minute side to side and controlled upward motion to remove it. Now, use a rubber spudger dipped in rubbing alcohol.

I swear, stock thermal paste is glue.

You need to heat up the upper part of it and use a small metal object to lift it off.
youtube.com/watch?v=5Bb0H8DNMPs&t=1s

Listen to this advice.

You can often times just twist the cpu and it will release. When that doesn’t work use a heat gun and warm the best you can nearest the cpu without putting direct heat on the cpu. You are trying to warm up the heat sink and ultimately the stubborn thermal paste.

I would never try to pick at the cpu upwards with a sharp object or use a vice or vice grips. You are taking a chance of slipping and bending the pins.

Hey retards, thanks for the help, I used a safe prying tool plus some isopropyl alcohol and it came off, so yes you cucks, a fucking screwdriver works

>a fucking screwdriver works
Yes, but does your CPU still work?

thats a cum tool you fucking nigger

I may be a nigger, but at least I got the Black Panther to look up to.

Maybe a heat gun. I generally run prime95 first so that the thermal compound is a bit looser. Did you break the CPU out of it's socket? I'm so confused.