Flat Earthers: do they actually believe that the earth is flat? Or are they just trolling us?

Flat Earthers: do they actually believe that the earth is flat? Or are they just trolling us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3oXu8ACB7k&t=73s
youtube.com/watch?v=F_XbeEC3rW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trust me I’ve seen the horizon and the earth is definitely curved

95% of then are pure trolls. The other is the hardcore. They "measure" earth curvature to prove that earth is flat spending a lot money on their hobby. They would argue with you anytime and call you a sheep if you correct their below elementary math knowledge.

There is flattards are around the globe

It's a meme
Like do you think logposters actually want to eat poo from a man's ass? Do you believe that?
It's an easy piss-off for most people because of how flagrantly untrue it is. They will strawman you and divert your attention until you give up, basically

So yes trolling

It's a conteo and like every conteo it's about trolling. Except the few with mild schizophrenia and anxiety.

Really smart people used it as a thought experiment. B tards got hold of it and memed it. Retards and uneducated people bought it.

It's funny.

There are definitely people out there that can be categorized as mentally deficient, so some do believe it's flat.

Does it scare anybody else that these people are able to hold positions of power?

Bump

Duper bump

Flat LOG

the truth is hard to handle but the proof is everywhere if you just open up your third eye

youtube.com/watch?v=r3oXu8ACB7k&t=73s

kek

Trolling there is a psyop running to cause as much confusion and frusturation as possible in order to get everyone into a massive war with each other. This has run it's course though since Elon put out his video yesterday.

I read on the intertrons that it's because someone was having a debate, and they argued that if you can win an argument saying the earth is flat without proof, then you're the best debater.

I think this was at some sort of mass debate.

oh look! it's trying to communicate

i dont think anyone believes the earth is flat, they just say it to be difficult.

fag

youtube.com/watch?v=F_XbeEC3rW0

Some are trolls, but sadly there are a lot of people who believe the earth is flat.

Why? Ignorance + Interest. The flat earth idea is just cooler to them. The idea that the "evil gubberment" doesn't want you to know the truth.

It also ties into religious shit for some people, you know, God says the earth is flat and Satan has taken over the gubberment and scientists who want to convince you that God was wrong.

And it's all just complete made up bullshit, completely fantasy, a bunch of made up diagrams that don't mean anything.

But like someone reading wookieepedia who doesn't understand that star wars isn't actually real, these psychos are stuck in their own little bubble.

Flat Earth Theory like Big Bang is just a Theory.

First off it's just one dedicated log poster with schizophrenia. And yes. I do believe that motherfucker actually wants to eat shit on a daily basis.

Except that Flat Earth is a theory in the same way that Narnia is a theory.

The Big Bang theory is an actual theory with a fuck ton of math and evidence involved, and thousands of scientists all coming to an agreement.

?????

They actually believe that they are trolling us

>evil gubberment
I laughed

The bit that gets me is why flat earthers think it matters. What would anyone actually have to gain by the earth being round or flat? You're probably never going to leave it anyway, nor will you likely see all of it. You'll be born, work till you die and experience almost none of what earth has to offer in the interim. The size and shape doesn't affect you.

use your brain for a second and think about what it would mean if the earth was flat.
outer space is not real. you thought you were a 3 dimensional being in a 4 dimensional space time continuum wrong think again.

they just want to be opposed to what's generally accepted.

Ok but what does that change for you? What do you do once you realize you're not 3d in a 4d St?

But how will it affect my life? I'm not going to outer space anyway.

I want to believe they're all trolling but a serious fucking lot of them actually believe that shit.

80% TROLLING

10% PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO BELONG TO SOME SUBGROUP WHO RANDOMLY PICKED FLAT EARTH

10% IDIOTS WHO ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT

I have a friend who seriously believes it's flat, I've had many discussions with him, even tried to look at the arguments but they all seem super weak and obviously overlook other factors

Sadly I don't think those percentages are accurate anymore.

It's probably closer to 25% trolls, 10% people who just want to belong to the group, and 65% idiots who actually believe it.

The idiots have started to grow exponentially, and the trolls are starting to drop out, realizing that these people are actually that fucking stupid.

let's go and touch the dome...

I don't think you understand trolls... Stupid people are their bread and butter, they won't be dropping off, they'll be building up steam.

It's just willful ignorance. You can't back a flat earther into a corner because they aren't even in the same fucking room. No matter how much you beat the shit out of them with facts and logic, they're just going to say "look bro all I'm saying is it's flat", and that's that. You can't push them past that point, because it's the core of their flat earth beliefs. I would just try to convince them to look at things from the middle, and to search for objective evidence. But at the end of the day, it's up to them to be a grown up and come out of the hole they've dug themselves into, nobody else can make them leave.

They claim there's a giant ice wall around the outside aka Antarctica and that's why you can't go there but there are flights over Antarctica everyday if you wanna go just get on a plane.

>You can't back a flat earther into a corner because they aren't even in the same fucking room.
kek

???? Sounds like religion to me.

I've talked to a lot of flat earthers and very few of them appear to be trolls.

It's been picked up by religion, so the idiots are going to keep flooding in.

Maybe the trolls won't leave, but they're definitely outnumbered by idiots at this point.

multiple things for one think of it as a book
the words are a representation of reality
if you understand what your reading than you can predict the ending. and the gist of things.
also the question is whomstd benefits from getting people to think the earth is a globe?

This is why we never make it to a galactic species

It definitely is.

"Look bro all I'm saying is that God is real."

That's the closest you'll ever come to winning an argument with a religious person.

I suggested to him that we invest in an experiment together, where we build and send up a mini rocket/satellite with a camera far enough into earths orbit to see it from outside to settle it once and for all. Live feed camera, we both build it and agree on the methods used to film so all of the weak arguments of the flat earth people can be countered.

Blargh

I feel like you said a bunch of things in that post that have nothing to do with actually answering my question.

you must not study metaphysics much

That would be epic. Though sadly, if he's a hardcore flatearther, he might deny even that kind of evidence. A flatearther will completely make something up and believe it as a fact at the same time. They aren't looking for answers, they're looking to perpetuate the fantasy. So, yeah, it might end with him screaming at you and saying that you messed with the footage or the lens.

If dubs the Earth is flat

In layman's terms then. Answer my question

I doubt it, he's not unreasonable he just's satisfied with the explanations of the flatearthers, after he saw for himself from his own work I could probably start the discussion that it actually doesn't say the Earth is flat in the Bible or Koran, he's Muslim so that's where he's coming from on that argument but that the firmament Earth is built on doesn't in anyway equate that the Earth is flat it's just a poor interpretation.

samefag

That doesnt matter to me. Its the idiots who think that people in different time zones are in the future. Like how fucking stupid are you?

think about it im not here to try to save you user just a humble messenger

Lmayo yeah I thought so. Can't even answer my question. Idfk is all you needed to say nigga xD

It's an interesting thought experiment, I haven' heard one good argument against a spherical earth though.