W/ - WESTWORLD THEORIES

If William is MiB in the past then why are all the robots human like and not mechanical.

Also shrink ray stuff too...

We know that in the 'old logo time period' hosts are mechanical from Fords flashback. But no hosts have been hurt in Williams story line in any way that would reveal either way. Maybe when some explosions start going off we will see some internals.

The Gun that Dolores is carrying is a real gun.

Westworld bullets aren't "deactivated" by a real gun and shoot like real bullets.

In her current mental state, she could potentially murder a Guest to protect herself.

>shrink ray
Guys, what if, what if, what if it's not a shrink ray? What if Westworld is normal size and the people in observation dome are GROWN TO GIANT SIZE by a GROWTH RAY?

She will end up killing Logan.

>why are all the robots human like and not mechanical
The robots in the flashback were humanlike in appearance and probably even movement for the most part, it was the closeup stuff that can't be seen that made it possible for a guest to make them:

"even handshake could give them away"

Old Billy is a 40 year old unmaintained first-gen host; that's robot Parkinson's you see, not how he worked when he was first installed.

I am about 99% certain that the first time one of the hosts in William's timeframe gets cut or blown open, you're not going to see muscle and bone but machinery and wires.

>probably even movement
No they weren't, they moved extremely mechanically.
>Old Billy is a 40 year old unmaintained first-gen host; that's robot Parkinson's you see, not how he worked when he was first installed
Cool mental gymnastics, bro.

Do you guys talk about anything other than these stupid theories?

About waifus, but you don't want to hear that.

The scenes with clothed Dolores being interviewed in the "basement" aren't taking place in the present and that's Arnold we're looking at, not Bernard. The photo is either doctored or Bernard's programmed to see someone else instead of himself (notice the camera angle shows it from his POV).

Abernathy's hateful response involving "you both" while looking at Bernard is him "recognizing" Arnold. Present day Bernard has actually done nothing sneaky with the hosts; Ford's being paranoid that he recreated Arnold too closely.

At one point Dolores gained nearly if not full self awareness which led to The Incident (explaining her bandit self getting into the facility and gunning down staffers); as a result, Ford eventually had most (if not all) of the staffers replaced with hosts as a failsafe should it happen again.

There was a romantic triangle between Ford, Dolores and Arnold, but it was Dolores getting between Ford and Arnold, not the two of them competing for her affections. Ford bears a grudge against her for this and her role in Arnold's demise: "I wouldn't say friends, Dolores. I wouldn't say that at all." Ford's reasons for not having her destroyed / decommissioned might include a suspicion that some part of Arnold lives on inside of her (explaining why she's been endlessly patched but never replaced).

>No they weren't, they moved extremely mechanically.
Armistice moved without coordination but not mechanically like Old Billy did (no halts/jerks), the rest of the townsfolk were picking up dancing well. The next scene is Army covered in scratches with mussed hair and being described as insane due to Arnold's voice inside her.

If you've got other evidence early hosts visibly moved mechanically, show it.

That's stupid.

Then all hell breaks loose because a Host just murdered the Heir to a fortune big enough to buy&sell Westworld itself.

I guess by then Maeve's little revolution will be a bigger problem.

WESTWORLD THEORIES CONFIRMED LIST
1. ShrinkRay
...meanwhile
>"hes a host"fags BTFO
>"MiB is Will"fags BTFO

does this show tie into the old movie? should i watch the westworld movie before i continue watching the show?

Damn it all fits.
>we know arnold died 34 years before MiB plot
>will's plot takes place 4 years after he died
>dolores kills a guest
>this is the first "critical failure"
>dolores is wiped
>will comes back next time to find the woman he loved isn't sentient any more
>starts coming back every year trying to make her sentient
>he can't feel any attachment to the park since he knows it's fake, and he becomes a killing machine set on his one goal

So far there are no connections to the film.
They have however mentioned an "incident 30 years ago"

WTF i hate dallarass now !

i think ill give it a watch and comeback with some fresh theories : ^ )

do you think there are other "worlds" like in the movie? such as medeival world?

is deloras some kind of play on the original movies comapany DELOS?

Callin it, Old Bill gives William the knife.

Its already been confirmed that Logan is MIB and William is Ford.

>confirmed
source?

Yeah not at all. This is bullshit

>Logan is MIB

I seriously doubt that's correct as they have different eye color.

will loses his eyes in the "critical incident" replaced with host eyes

>Its already been confirmed
fagot

arnold is MiB
he didnt die, he was the first host that became sentient 30 years ago and escaped.
has been trying to free the rest of the robot slaves for the past 30 years

Kill the annoying gurl programmer in the next two episodes or we riot

ok, now explain how Logan is MiB

no the confederales raped and killed logan
>it was fucking relentless

I'd be lying if I said I didn't allow myself a chuckle.

or he got spooked after getting beat up and then went to rome world instead to gay sex with the spartans

what stops a guest from killing another guest with a knife if it mistakes it for a robot?

Fucking don't you want to fucking see her swear all the fucking time?

The hosts do. Like with MiB and Ford

The shrink ray theory is preposterous. If they've been shrunk, how come there are no rogue house sized ants on the prowl? Why haven't they got pet bacteria? It would be easy as heck for a bus-sized gnat to fly into the perimeter!

If shrink rays existed then the show would be set inside a vagina

overrun by fungae then

Here are my theories:
Arnold died exactly when they said he did.

The hosts aren't actually sentient, they're simply following programming and acting in ways that bring the most emotion emotional investment out of the guests.

Whore-bot is talking to Felix because she has been remote controlled by the same people who were stealing information from the park.

Well this is a question that we have been discussing for a while and the last episode gave us a clear answer. As soon as the MiB pulled out his knife and threatened somebody, Teddy restrained him in a completely out of character fashion. The hosts are set to protect the guests at all times.

i thought this was only because ford was there controlling him like he shows he can control them when he talks about being basically God in the park

>Whore-bot is talking to Felix because she has been remote controlled by the same people who were stealing information from the park.

this one seems like a stretch to me. we saw what a remote controlled host looks and acts like with the woodcutter.

maeve seems to be acting in more self preservation and interest than the zombie robot.

Everything is as it seems.You are the same people that ruined Lost.

those things happen at different times

found the synth with no imagination

Guys, Westword guns are special cause they can tell when it's a human or host being shot, but what would happen if Arnold or Ford had gotten a real gun, given it to Dolores and asked her to shoot someone?

>Westword guns are special cause they can tell when it's a human or host being shot,

It's not the guns

Fine, what happens if Arnold or Ford had put real bullets in there

even the mechanical hosts had fake blood. we haven't seen any robots in willy's timeline get decapitated

wtf do you think would happen fucking moron?

Fuck off shrinkfag. Growfags are the new theorylords.

>believing there are different timelines

kek

Why wouldn't they follow protocol and completely destroy Dolores instead of just wiping her and putting her back in the park like nothing happened though? I'm almost sold on this theory, but if you can explain this one thing to me then I'll fully buy it.

I'm just coming up with a plausible way that Arnold could've had himself killed by Dolores, or Ford having Dolores kill Arnold depending on if you think he was behind it, that doesn't involve purely consciousness.

shirk ray is such a good meme tbqh family

>single timeline babby
embarrassing

I could definitely see this happening

>it's been 2 (two) episodes since we last saw sizemore

nearly guaranteed

>it's been 2 (two) episodes since we last saw sizemore
I think it's been 3. He's credited for 7 episodes on imdb so he should at least show up in the rest of them

>have Dolores undergo character development with both characters present in scenes that in her development as a character make chronological sense
>IT WUZ 30 YEARS APART XDDDD

Yeah no, fuck off. You guys are worse than shrinkrayfags

>Lee Sizemore
>Sizemore
>Size more

Growray theory confirmed

How does Delores keep going back to headquarters when everyone is sleeping?

Timeline fags prepare to be anally annihilated: I have discovered proof that Will and MiB are in Westworld simultaneously. In Ep 3 you can see the Man in Black in the background walking through Sweetwater while William and Logan are talking.

Checkmate. Shrinkray: 1, Timeline: 0

>Why wouldn't they follow protocol and completely destroy Dolores instead of just wiping her and putting her back in the park like nothing happened though?

F: Tell me, Dolores. Do you remember the man I used to be?
D: I'm sorry. I'm forgetful sometimes.
F: Hardly your fault. But I'm sure you remember him. Arnold. The person who created you.
D: I'm sorry, I don't think I recall anyone by that name.
F: And yet you can. Somewhere under all those updates, he is still there. Perfectly preserved. Your mind is a walled garden. Even death cannot touch the flowers blooming there. Have you been hearing voices? Has Arnold been speaking to you again?

Ford was in love with Arnold. Not Dolores, Arnold. Dolores contains the last remaining aspect of Arnold's mind and personality which is why she's been so painstakingly patched instead of remade from scratch. Immediately after Ford leaves, Dolores starts a conversation with Arnold.

This doesn't have a single reply but I think it makes some good points.

Bernard has already been confirmed as a host.
He shows similar thoughts to those Arnold had.
Ford obviously created him to replace the lost Arnold who died in the park.
He doesn't make Bernard completely like Arnold because he doesn't want to go the way of Arnold (believing the hosts are real)
The conversations between Bernard and Dolores are actually between Arnold and Dolores and are 34 yrs ago.

Did you also notice the giant fucking white beard on that figure dumb fuck

that's a reflection off his superior chin you stupid cunt

This show is shit. Nolan is a hack.

>The conversations between Bernard and Dolores are actually between Arnold and Dolores and are 34 yrs ago.
I should have added this because I've been mentioning it every chance I can get.

Arnold created both Ford (who has the name of an actual Old west personage) and Dolores, but a dispute led to Arnold's death shortly after Arnold left a copy of himself inside Dolores.

>worse than shrinkrayfags
Are you implying that the dominant "shrink-ray" theory is wrong in some way, user?

Delores doesnt use the gun

she gives it to Buffalo Bill, best shot in the West, who goes on a killing rampage with it

That's literally just blurry glare off his shoulder. Or does the woman in the blue outfit who walks by a second later also have a beard?

Henry Ford wasn't from the old west though

>DECOMPRESSION
SHRINK RAY FUCKING CONFIRMED

These timeline arguments have swallowed up all westworld discussion for too fucking long.

Talk about something else.

What's gonna happen with Maeve, what's with the satellite uplink, what's gonna happen with Wyatt, what's this big fucking narrative?

>What's gonna happen with Maeve
She's going to take Lutz's virginity

The satellite uplink is transmitting data during the shrinkage process to an outside organisation trying to obtain shrink ray tech

There was a flashback to snake girl without the snake tattoo bleeding

Wyatt=Wyatt Earp

Felix is the most important character to watch next episode

Is the kid a first generation or second generation host?

Sorta looks mechanical.

>“It’s not the guns,” Nolan said. “It’s the bullets. We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.”

But that explanation doesn't make a lot of sense either as it doesn't explain how hosts are able to do real damage to each other with guns. They're supposed to have realistic anatomy so the simunitions should affect them in the same way.

I think the most plausible explanation is that all the guns and ammo are real, but Delos controls how they affect the guests and hosts. Remember MiB lighting the explosive cigars and we see operators in a control room granting a request for an explosion? They probably just automatically deactivate the bullets if they're fired at humans.

The satellite uplink is awkwardly big and chunky, and had to be embedded in an exceptionally large host (a "big guy," if you will) because the company that made it doesn't have shrinkray technology yet. Even though it appears to be several feet long, it is actually nanotechnology.

Why doesn't anyone at all consider Logan to be MiB? Why does it have to be loser-cheater William?

Logan is in it to play the god damn game and unlock easter eggs.
MiB is in it to unlock the ultimate quest.
Logan is kinda a dick, doesn't give a fuck, w/e
MiB claims to be the villain.

Why isn't this a considered theory?!

PLUS, peeps be like "Oh, if it's MiB=William, wouldn't the robots be mechanical if that's his first time there?"
THATS BECAUSE LOGAN HAS BEEN GOING THERE LONGER THAN WILLIAM (duh) AND HAS ALREADY PASSED THE FLESHY TRANSITION OF ROBOTS.

juss sayin

> all of the characters in body bags in the back of cold storage are actual historical figures who are now nowhere to be seen in the park
> Old Billy is Buffalo Bill Cody
> Ford is Robert Ford
> Jesse James is also there and will get his vengeance on Robert before shambling into a pile of robotic parts
> Ford will call out to Old Billy to help him but Old Billy will just drink another toast to the woman in white shoes

Or the host's bodies are basically hollywood VFX bloodbags that automatically detonate on contact with the otherwise harmless rubber bullets.

>But that explanation doesn't make a lot of sense either as it doesn't explain how hosts are able to do real damage to each other with guns.

Really, you don't know how these highly advanced sophisticated androids are about to produce realistic damage to each other when shot?

Jesus fucking christ.

He's not balding like Logan is.

Is Arnold behind the satellite uplink somehow? Like I can't think of anyone else showed so far who would wish harm upon Westworld

Is this the official westworld general?

>second

First gen's essentially late 20th century animatronics with better bipedal locomotion.

Second is advanced materials design but still essentially electromechanical engineering.

Final (third?) gen is bioprinting synthetic tissue.

>Logan is in it to play the god damn game and unlock easter eggs.
No he isn't, he's there to fuck and get drunk and maybe participate in some mindless violence. He has literally no interest in the game. He skips cutscenes, tries to drop out of quests, etc., while the Man in Black actually tries to extract useful clues from the NPCs and uses his knowledge of their backstories to unlock puzzles and discover true easter eggs.

Probs because whoever wants to harm westworld so far hasn't showed up.

>Why doesn't anyone at all consider Logan to be MiB
THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE AND IN CASE YOU HADN'T GATHERED THIS, LOGAN IS A RETARD.

its only 30 years, its not like the "mechanical" versions were tin cans with fucking cogs n shit

MIB has blue eyes, Logan has brown, William has blue

MIB has actual motivation to find the maze and care about Dolores

MIB said 30 years ago he was the kind of person William was