That's it. I am never listening to anything Weezer puts out ever again. Go fuck yourself, Rivers

That's it. I am never listening to anything Weezer puts out ever again. Go fuck yourself, Rivers.

Other urls found in this thread:

www41.zippyshare.com/v/LxfoedTg/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LvCzxhvpfsA
youtube.com/watch?v=DPTBSyn-Ql0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How did they fuck up their comeback this quickly? The white album wasn’t perfect but it was solid with some great songs. This album is hot garbage.

>PITCHFORK

I know, ugh. Where's the fantano review? I need more cal memes xD

anyone have a download link?

How are they still on a major label

I'm feeling a light 4 on this one, anons

i am rivers you hurt my feelings!!!! please reconsider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weezer - Pacific Daydream [320]

www41.zippyshare.com/v/LxfoedTg/file.html

wew lads

There’s no way it’s worse than Raditude.

thank you!

It's 2017. They literally made the White Album last year. It's bad.

I remember people anticipating the p4k review of Raditude because they expected it to be a total,

Is this proof weezer/rivers can only make two good albums in a row before shitting out?

Guess we have to wait another 15 years before they'll make their last good albums again.

It's not

I think p4k gave Make Believe a 0.4 because they barely had any professional standards at the time (like giving that Jet album a 0 with the review being a video of a monkey drinking his own piss).
So I think they were force to write more professional review when the website got more popular to avoid retaliation (hence the 4.5)

I stopped listening to them after Maladroit.

The Black Album had better be GOAT-tier otherwise Weezer are fucked

People say the green album is bad, but really weezer went to shit after maladroit.
I used to actually care about weezer, it was the music to my teen years. But they went from being a sort of alright late 90's alt rock band to "RIVAZ GOTTA EAT BABBY" top 40 garbage ft lil wayne

the saddest thing is everyone know that fucker has talent, he can right the best and most catchy music you have ever heard. But he just keeps shitting out this putrid mess of future adam sandler movie soundtrack core

It's been twenty-one years since Pinkerton got trashed upon release and Rivers has somehow managed to not get over it. He's a forty-seven-year-old man who writes the most generic pop songs imaginable.

This is what happens when you get infected with brain worms and become a poptamist.

You go from this: youtube.com/watch?v=LvCzxhvpfsA

to this: youtube.com/watch?v=DPTBSyn-Ql0

I remember being upset that I couldn't be in the Beverly Hills music video because I wasn't old enough.

Weezer hasn't been been decent since last decade.

I still don't get why Make Believe has a

Beverly Hills

>future adam sandler movie soundtrack core

Not as bad at Raditude but that's not saying much. A few decent hooks here and there. I also enjoyed the more varied instrumentation. Aside from that's mostly trash.

>After a break, Weezer restored much of its reputation with “Everything Will Be Alright in the End,” which came out in 2014, and with the White Album. But Cuomo said he thought of those records’ crowd-pleasing approach as a way to buy himself another opportunity to take chances.
>“Rivers wants to make albums that look forward, not backward,” said Walker, who reteamed with Weezer nearly a decade after he co-produced “Raditude.” (Walker has also worked with Pink and Fall Out Boy.)
>For “Pacific Daydream,” Cuomo closely studied modern pop, combing through Spotify’s Today’s Top Hits playlist as he asked questions like, “How many times do they repeat the same lyric?” and “Is the first note of the chorus always higher than any note in the verse?”

this explains everything

4.3 is way too generous for this piece of shit

starting to think that the weezer blackpill is that everything rivers has ever written is artificial and trendhopping, including pinkerton, and every once in a while he lapses into something genuine and emotionally resonant. otherwise he's just a sperg who wants to fit in with the big boys

Weezer is the Adam Sandler of music

basing your opinions on p4k or fantano is retarded, develop your taste by yourself

Eh, I could call it a decent collection of pop songs. If it was released without the Weezer label it would probably be a 6. But it's certainly disappointing considering there recent streak. Overall I'd probably still put it into their 'good records' collection; It's certainly not for me but I wouldn't say it's bad, not on a Raditude or Make Believe level.

I've never listened to Raditude in its entirety, I can imagine that being less fun, but I do have a couple of songs from that album on my computer and I genuinely think they're lots of fun.
I'm Your Daddy, Can't Stop Partying, Trippin' Down the Freeway are just fun songs and if I want to listen to something more serious I just play another Weezer album.

woah

No, you're right. I got into Weezer for a time a couple years ago and started reading about them, etc. Pinkerton seems to be Rivers' only actual album that isn't completely trying to rip off something else.

Like a year before he formed Weezer with Matt Sharp, (Who I truly believe to be responsible for the song of those early albums, listen to Return of the Rentals) he was a complete self-described "metal-head." Everything about Rivers' is fake and manufactured. Even reading more about the White Album you can realize this, it wasn't supposed to be some beckon call to the old days, his producer, who was a fan of their earlier material, pushed for that sound against Rivers' own judgment, who wanted to make something probably which sounds like Pacific Daydream sounds. Either way, it's been time to accept for a while that this band fell off completely after Maladroit.

More like the Jim Carrey. Adam Sandler has never been good.

I really like the Alone version of Can't Stop Partying but the Raditude version completely destroyed the tone of that song.

I'm glad others are reaching the conclusion that Make Believe was the first shit album and not Green or Maladroit. I listened to their whole discography in order last year and you can definitely tell Make Believe is when Rivers starts phoning it in completely. Raditude was the lowest point and I'll be shocked if they ever somehow surpass how abysmal that album was.

>muh objectivity
Lol

>muh awful opinion
you're embarrassing yourself

Stay mad faglord

Stay pleb faglord. I couldn't care less.

Yeah thats why you keep replying lmao

Happy Gilmore is one of the best comedy movies ever made.

>white artist reviewed by pitchfork
Just add like 4 points to counteract their racial bias, and it's a decent album.

>replying = caring
oh user, don't flatter yourself

Didn't they love the last Car Seat Headrest album? That's a more or less super white band and Will Toledo is practically the second coming of Rivers Cuomo.

Beach boys is worse than any song on raditude

>Adam Sandler has never been good
>Punch-Drunk Love
>The Meyerowitz Stories

>replying = caring

>he fell for le Memerowitz Stories

upvoted

>I really like the Alone version of Can't Stop Partying but the Raditude version completely destroyed the tone of that song.
Yeah it's like two different songs, but I like both

thanks for the gold, kind stranger.

Hurley is their worst album, worse than even the microscopic scraps on Raditude

PD is good; Side 1 is GREAT but Side 2 being boring -- ironically, just like Green. "Sweet Mary" & Diane are passable meh tuned, but Get Right & La Mancha Screwjob are fucking early 2010s-Train-level and Hairspray-the-Musical-level of fucking no-effort-at-all cheese.

Side 1 + QB Blitz is an excellent mini-album. Somehow even Mexican Fender is a good, swaying start. Hot damn is it easy to relisten to those tracks over and over...it's a shame about the last few :(
Album would be like

*Album would be like an 8 without those two bad ones. As it is it deserves a very strong 6, or 7

Hurley is better than most of their discography.

This

Hurley isn't good per se but it's on the more positive side of the bad albums. Make Believe, Red, and Raditude are all worse. Weezer tiering goes like this:

Great: Blue, Pinkerton
Good: White, Maladroit
Average/Acceptable: Green, EWBAITE, Hurley
Bad: Red, Make Believe, Death to False Metal
Never Again: Raditude

Wtf? Rivers makes an albums apologizing for fucking up; follows up with a great album and then does the SAME SHIT AGAIN?

It's like an abusive relationship with the fans

Will's a gay furry though so that gives him bonus points

You can't say Punch-Drunk Love is a bad movie though

watch me

punch-drunk love is a bad movie

boy just look at the cover
or just look at yourselves. i was all aboard the ewbaite train when it came out but as years have passed, i look at it as i look at listening to fall out boy or something. its actually embarassing, i remember recommending it to people back then, "weezer are back!". jesus christ... just let it go. first two albums forever and thats that.

how dare you??

How can someone with 20 years of experience loose any sense of how to make a good coherent album?

White album was well put together, is this just not?

fuck you guys i love it.

thanks

Beach Boys is the best single from Pacific Daydream

Reminder that this is the album Rivers wanted White to be, but the reason why White turned out the way it did was because of that producer who was a huge Blue/Pinkerton fan.

White was pretty god and EWBAITE was ok

Sorry for your loss

Hashtag so random xD kids eat it up.

id never ever get trolled into listening to a Weezer album after Hurley, no fucking way. ill just listen to the classics

Why'd you stop listening right before they got good?