I have

I have
>Meaningful work
>someone to love
>a great sex life
>a good dog

But I'm still sad. What am I doing wrong?

It's okay to be sad sometimes.

you were born? i mean if you have all that and are sad....kys byeeee

Not doing anything wrong, your depressed.
Find something new in your life that has meaning.
I started rock climbing.
Changed my life and how I feel about life.
What did you enjoy doing as a kid?

Take Wellbutrin. I had same issue. I'm fuckin cherry now. Just slight depression.

You whine too much

You haven't changed how you react to stress and anxiety.
Unless your depression is biochemical, it comes down to habits in your thought patterns.

You live in fake world.
Learn about your spiritual life. If you have good partner maybe do it together. In this life there is something more so its after this life.
I wont tell you thous things. You need find them by yourself.

do you have a good hobby? everything you listed is a responsibility; none of it is done for your happiness.

Have sex with your dog.

Not op, but are you saying that life sucks, but the afterlife makes up for it?
That is advice that'll have people wallow in misery while waiting to die.

You’re looking for the illusion of satisfaction. I’m gonna guess that either you’ve been sad for a long time or you’re going through some kind of low. Either way, your response is to look for something that you think will (or should) make you satisfied. Unless something happened that’s actively bringing you down, just let life happen.

tl;dr
don’t set your expectations for happiness too high when you didn’t have those expectations on things that make you happy to begin with

You have to cut along the wrist not across

Lying on the internet.

Sounds pretty accurate. Old age seems like a rite of passage.

You can die but why you need waste this life. There is something more. I want to kms think about it alot but there is no reason. If i die ok.
You need understand what is this life. What is soul. You dont have just body.
Larn how to live without money. What would you do if momey wouldnt be a thing. If you have partner its better. You may together find out some things.
My words dont matter. You need find it by yourself.

>You may together find out some things.
My words dont matter. You need find it by yourself.
What things? You say one needs to find them by themselves which sounds like those things don't necessarily even exist. Any pointers?

It means you're a filthy liar.

What did they mean by this?

You have a dog, that’s what you’re doing wrong.

(OP). I don't have any hobbies outside of computer. There was a time I jogged but as of late I haven't had the energy anymore.

Depression doesn't give a fuck about any of that.

I don't wanna waste my life. Which is why I think that having only one life, with no certainty of an afterlife is a better way of thinking.
If this is all I get, I have a vested interest in improving my conditions and doing my best with the things that are important to me.
I'm not a materialist whose only concern is monetary gain or what new things I can get.
I know I'm both a body and a mind, I try to align these two in order to be a balanced person.
I'm not of the persuasion that life has no meaning without an afterlife, I would assert that life is meaningless if there actually is an afterlife.
If this is all you get, you better make the best of it is my thought.

>no energy
>seemingly sad
>have lots of stuff going for you

Isn’t it obvious?

You’re on Sup Forums and you’re a fucking loser, that’s the diagnosis

Not the poster you replied to, but there pretty much has to be an afterlife in order for this world to exist seeing that this world is fake as fuck not to mention teeming with psychic phenomena and your consciousness no doubt survives death if it can survive even the deepest dreams. Just explore the hallways of your mind in meditation or trance until you meet God and all your doubts about the afterlife will fade away.

/wg/ is one of the best sources of wallpapers tho

Guess why celebs have bad times. They have fame and money but its not enought.
I cant just telll you that things. You wont understand. No one told me anything somehow trough suicide toughts i found some way to get in thous things. As i said im lonely and depresed whole time and it gets only worse.
All i can say it will be only worse with time for everyone.

I grew up seeing ghosts and I meditate on a regular basis, I've just never seen evidence of a god or an actual afterlife like people promise in religions.
Working on the assumption that you are only here once and making the best of it, is the reasonable responce given the evidence we have.

fuck a stranger in the ass

dude, get the fuck out there. leave your computer. learn to cook, learn to dance, work on your car, ride your bike, take a hike, breathe. i fish, occasionally surf, and play some billiards every now and then. but mostly, i'm a gun nut. i'm pretty anti-social so it works for me because i have minimum interaction with people. i hunt turkey and dove in the spring, i shoot clays in the summer, hunt white tail in the fall, and shoot holes in paper in the winter. to me there's nothing like coming home from shooting something and cleaning out the carbon buildup. hunting game helps feed the pupper too. not saying you should go out and buy a bunch of guns and go hunting though. find a passion that makes you feel accomplished and pursue it.

Lose everything and try to get it back, then you'll understand why you should be happy where you are now.

I already go to the range. Sounds like you have a nice life

i'm broke as fuck, dude. and not just financially. but considering how shitty my life was before, i'm ok with it. you seem to have your life on track, which is doing a hell of a lot better than me. my activities is strictly because i have invested more time in my private life than being sociable or productive. keep counting your blessings Sup Forumsro. you just need to spend more time being active in unfamiliarity than brooding in comfort.

Huh, you see ghosts but at the same time don't believe in the survival of consciousness?

Afterlife is nothing more than another dimension (another space) that follows after this dimension/space where our minds dwell at the present time. Think of it like this: if this was all there is then why are we aware right now in eternity considering that our earthly existence is a mere blink? Of course we go on, you wouldn't even be aware rn if you didn't. Also if you'd reincarnate then your I would die which won't happen because should that happen then you wouldn't be aware rn. That may be too difficult to visualize but it's pure math. Your 'remembered aware-time' needs to be almost as long as eternity for it to take place at the present time. But really all you'd need to do was to meditate more and actually try to connect with your higher self, do a battery of middle pillars with an affirmation of knowing God.

Add some drugs and hobby.

Look you clearly take some sort of comfort from believing a god exists, I'm not gonna shit on that.
I'm just offering the notion that even if there is an afterlife, you have no knowledge of how good or bad it is. All you have for certain is the life you are currently in, so make the best of it.
We could be reincarnating over and over, but I'd still say treating each life like it's the only one you get is smart. Value life and hope for the best in an afterlife in case that exists, sure, but don't go "well life is shit, but at least I can look forward to when I die".

Not everyone is so blind that they can't see that hell, eternal oblivion and reincarnation are mind control. And the afterlife has to be nice because (a) it's a long existence and (b) it's futuristic. The afterlife is long because if it wasn't we wouldn't be aware anymore but instead we will remain aware in the long afterlife. And it's futuristic cause they run this shit show with their computer technology.

>And the afterlife has to be nice because (a) it's a long existence and (b) it's futuristic. The afterlife is long because if it wasn't we wouldn't be aware anymore but instead we will remain aware in the long afterlife. And it's futuristic cause they run this shit show with their computer technology.
I'm sure you have some compelling arguments for why you think this is how it works, please share them.

>I'm sure you have some compelling arguments for why you think this is how it works
I do but they are in my mind. This thread will 404 in a few moments so writing all of that down seems like a waste of time.

I'd be happy and grateful to have any of the first three

What's your purpose in life? If you answered "I don't know" then there's your answer. Figure it out.

user, seek medical help. It is not something you should be ashamed of. Maybe not depression, but could be something like Dysthymia (look it up). Treatment is not very expensive and you might try to cut the meds after a while.
It's not your fault dude. Sometimes things can be great, but you are not able to appreciate it because o brain chemistry. Seek help and I promise you be able to enjoy those great things in your life.

Fair enough, also tiny smug jab here, but if those reasons are only in your mind, you're going to have a hard time proving them.

smoke weed, do a hobby
my go tos are exercise, stretching, gaming, reading, movies, series, conversing, family, friends, relationships etc

Because you realize that you are just another brainwashed slave cuck for society, you never truely lived

Faggot normie

> if those reasons are only in your mind, you're going to have a hard time proving them.
Indeed. I once saw an object fly from a table onto the floor with no external cause. This happened during a psychic event which should you have experienced it would've blown your mind. That psychic event lead up to me writing a text (pic related) that has some of those arguments you wished to read. I have hundreds of pages worth arguments in my mind and I wish I could just instill all of that information in your mind with no effort being the lazy nigger I am. Imagine being a teacher and dreaming of being able to just put the course material in the students' heads without having to speak for hours on end knowing that they won't likely even get what you're saying or be actually interested enough. That being said the pic related may be tl;dr so do what you want.

>I once saw an object fly from a table onto the floor with no external cause.
So have I, I once saw a spice pot levitate horizontally for about two inches before dropping to the floor. This is part of what proves that ghosts exist to me.
Gonna read your tl:dr now.

I smoke weed, but don't have energy to pursue a hobby atm.
I don't want to take dangerous meds. Someone said on Sup Forums that depression is a dark blessing because it allows one to see life as what it is and I agree. Meds are rose-tinted glasses and I'm afraid of losing my self if I get on meds.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

Okay I've read it now and the notion is interesting, but I don't see you providing any proof of it in there though.

You already have proof: the spice pot didn't levitate by itself. Nothing levitates by itself of course. And you know, ghosts are poorly understood. Do you really think that in 1000,000 AD they will still speak of "ghosts." We just don't know enough about the world yet.

sounds like you have depression
you know, that thing you didn't believe was real, and anyone who suffers from it is either a lazy piece of shit or a pussy?

who needs reasons when you've got heroin

But a spice pot levitating when it shouldn't isn't sufficient proof of the entire universe being a simulation and predetermined.
Noticing patterns that can't be explained by natural phenomena and making successful predictions based on that pattern might, but it would have to be a comprehensive study.

>it would have to be a comprehensive study
Agreed. I hope they'll study nature so that in time mankind will better understand what's up. Prolly not in our time but sooner or later anyway.

my man

are you implying nobody is currently studying "nature"?

Until such a study is made and your theory is proven, I'll live my life like I only get this one go though.
Even if everything is predetermined, I'm going to live my life like I have a choice in how bad or good it will be. Because even in your framework, I'm destined to act and think like I do now.

You just have to force yourself to do something. You get caught in a trap of just browsing Sup Forums all day, and it drains your energy so you just stay on Sup Forums. Force yourself to do literally anything else you enjoy, even if it's just playing vidya and you'll feel better and get your energy back.

No I'm not, of course they are studying nature. I meant that I hope they'll study it diligently enough to learn its every nook and cranny in due time.

>Even if everything is predetermined
if it is predetermined, and we couldn't tell, would it matter?

Theories schmeories. You guys shouldn't worry too much about my theories even though they are facts.

>theories
>facts
you realize those two words are not synonymous, right?

That's up to you, if life has no inherent meaning, does that mean the experience is useless?
You can't claim fact without comprehensive proof user.

>Abigail Dupree

God why ... how am i gonna fap to her getting beat up now

'Course.
>You can't claim fact without comprehensive proof user.
Facts to me because I've proven the theories as fact to myself. There is no true random in this world.

you don't need meaning to have experience. you don't need meaning to have purpose, either. experience is never "useless" to a sentient mind. the universe is ultimately meaningless. our experience is meaningless, but it will always have its uses, in that it makes us smarter.

Get more good things.

Good things become boring things and then turn into bad things. All you can do is let go of boring things before they turn into bad things and fill the void with more good things. Don't get rid of good things before they become boring things because that just turns them into lost things and the void of lost things is much harder to fill to the point that you become desperate and start filling it with bad things and that's not a fun place to be.

At some point you will die. If you've managed to get all the good things you wanted before this point and you've constantly dropped things that were going bad without losing things then all you'd have left are boring things and you can die peacefully.

If you have good things when you die then you'll become a lost thing and in your last moments those good things will become lost things.

If you have bad things when you die then dying
goes from a boring thing to a good thing because you lose all the bad things or is added as one final bad thing as you think about all the good things you never got.

If you only ever got boring things then you're a boring thing and you and life had a mutual throw-out of boring things when you die.

Agreed.
>Facts to me because I've proven the theories as fact to myself. There is no true random in this world.
There is no such thing as subjective fact though, that is in the sphere of beliefs.

>2018
>not believing alternative facts

Maybe the simulation took Chester

Could be side affect of any medication you are on, a chemical imbalance in the brain or a lack of certain vitamins. Also some anons gave good advice on finding a passion in life to pursue.

I was in a position like this a few years back. Most of my cash flow comes from doing something I'm super passionate about and that I would do for free anyway. My spouse is so good to me that my friends all won't actually talk about relationships with me because they're that jealous. The sex is amazing, they're an amazing cook, they love doing housework so it's done before I even realize it needs doing. My kids are healthy and brilliant. And I woke up every day under this storm cloud that sucked the joy out of everything I did.

I don't know if this will work for you? But it worked for me.

One day, I was in a bad mood for literally no reason, I was just angry and sad and scared about everything even though I had no real problems. And I just abruptly stopped. I'm not sure why, but I just stopped everything I was doing for a minute and just stood there, not thinking at all. And then when I started moving and thinking again, I simply decided I was going to be happy. I choose being happy as my new default setting, and from then on I made a point of feeling happy for no reason instead of sad for no reason. I made it a conscious choice. I pick happiness until something goes wrong, then I fix the problem and go back to being happy.

Terrible things have happened since then, because that's life, it throws terrible things at you sometimes. Sickness in the family, death of a pet, catastrophic car problems that wound up costing thousands of dollars. Things that would have utterly crushed the old me and sent me wallowing in despair.

But it's fine.

I just decided I'm going to be okay with it.

Might not work for everyone, but it's worth a try? Just close your computer, go to a quiet room, and just do nothing for a few minutes. And then come back and be happy instead of sad.

>Current year.
>Just believe what I tell you okay, don't ask for proof.

No friends?
Primary bro?
Secondary bro?
Got a hobby?

Having a loyal friend prevents or reduces depression studies show
Sources: when I'm not around friends occasionally stuff sucks

>future year - difference between current year
>not believing every thought that enters your head, be it domestic or foreign.

Got a few friends. Some of them are from where I study, but don't wanna get doxed so can't say more. but friends are like vampires, I'm not very social

Huh, lets talk directly, what are you saying with this
>"not believing every thought that enters your head, be it domestic or foreign."

>domestic or foreign
internal vs external stimuli
you should just believe every crazy thought that enters your head.

No thanks, I lived in my imagination when I was a kid out of need, I don't wanna go there again just because.

Liking this thread. Tell us more about life/universe/shit like that pls anons.

Well if you ask me, life is basically what you make of it. You are the one who decides how to react to lifes ups and downs.
If you choose to wallow in self pity and focus on the bad things you can't change, life will be shit.
If you choose to learn from bad situations and actively do things to change them for the better, your life will be content and you will continue learning.

I see. But what if ya got ALS or something? Is it still what you make of it or?

To a point yes, I believe it is.
I also believe that factors outside of your control can become so bad that life becomes untenable.
As long as you can enjoy things in life, do so, but if something out your control that you can't do things to change stops you from doing that, I can respect you wanting to opt out.

You're not suffering enough. /thread.

Now that you mentioned it I'm always thinking about that option of opting out. But I'm not sure when. There might be a whole summer ahead of me before that and I'll probably try to enjoy the summer. Because I can enjoy it, like you recommended, so why not. But then, come fall, the reality of being suicidal and being always down in the dumps will likely get to me as the year begins to darken and get colder again and as such I have no idea when exactly it is that I'll leave this story.

Feeling suicidal and down is something you can do stuff to change though user.
I know because I've been there and gotten out of it.
Suicidal ideation and depressive behavior is connected to habits in your thought patterns.
Think of it like this, your brain functions as a mass of pathways. These paths will determine how you react to specific situations.
Now since your brain consumes energy, it will naturally use the paths you're most used to, because automatic responses take less energy.
So if your habit is to be depressive and suicidal unless you have an abundance of positive input(lots of sun, ease of opportunity to hang out in nature), you will tend to become depressive and suicidal once that input is temporarily gone.
You can actively change which pathways you want to use though, you just gotta be self aware and nonjudgmental when you realize that you are engaging in the thought pattern that is detrimental to you and course correct.
This stuff and more is what I learned from having a cognitive behavioral therapist and it sounds like to me that you'd get some benefit out of speaking to one as well.

thanks. gonna go take a nap. that's how little energy i literally have

Have a good nap user, I hope you get the help you need to deal with your issues.