True Detective General

Okay, so im late to the party but i finally got around to watching True Detective after holding it off for over a year. The countless times i avoided TD threads on Sup Forums makes me feel like i missed out :(

Can we have a discussion? Can you guys tell me what i thought of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIpZA37Eijk
hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-2016-elle-fanning-ben-foster-star-nic-pizzolattos-galveston-943545
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am a flat circle.

You fat pussy.

What did she mean by this?

Thats she a gaped toothed ugly whore that tore a mans famil apart.

>implying Marty wasnt even more self destructive than Rust

Nah, he just had more to lose

Why don't they just make a Rust/Marty sequel season?

You thought rust was cool. He sounded cool and probably said cool things but you're not sure. You had difficulty following the plot. You much preferred fiddling on your smartphone instead most of the time. 6/10 wouldn't watch again.

That HBO is compelled to add infantile masturbatory pandering to its good shows for reasons unknown to me.

>friend mows your lawn for you
>get mad at him
What the FUCK was Woody Allen's problem?

Because their story is over. I wanted the corrupt family to be destroyed, but maybe that's part of the story too.

True Detective S1 is the most kinographic masterpiece of a show.
Season 2 is still good.
I watched season 1 in the midst of physically debilitating alcoholic depression. It's weird how I can still look back on that time as more fun than I'm having now. Then again, nothing really changed except for not guzzling down as much liquor as I could every day.

>Beth, I'm just comin for my wife's ass to fuck you in your files Marty
What did he mean by this?

>marty cheats on his wife because "being a detective is soo hard I have to do it for the family"
>gets caught
>cheats on his wife AGAIN
>it's her fault for being a slut
lmfao

I think about it now and then. I liked the sense of dread in the first one, the second one was more hopeful, but the characters had no control. I really wanted Ray to get away.

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly if he that's what happened but the point is Marty is weak and can't control himself

Yeah, pretty tragic how it was basically a bunch of people that were hopelessly fucked from the beginning. I know it's not as good as season 1, but I think people judge it too harshly sometimes. It was still easily the best show on hbo when it was airing.

people tend to binge watch shows and they went directly from S1 to S2. even though it's an anthology, people still compared them. it's not that S2 is bad, it's just standing in the shadow of greatness.

Caspere knew this.

Season 3 when?

It will happen right bros?

S1 was Pizza doing something uniqe, there's not that much great philosophical louisiana swamp Detective shit out there, apart from James Lee Burke, that is...
S2 was a complete James Ellroy rip-off and he removed all the aspects that made S1 so compelling to watch, for example the lingering possibillity of a supernatural force behind the hideous crimes, and i'm talking about a POSSIBILITY, not that any sane person thought that Cthulhu would come out of some Loisiana Swamp at the end of S1, it was just the otherworldly dread lingering above all the insane shit that happened in Louisiana that made S1 the Kino that it is and will be.
S2 was just an overly convoluted L.A. Noir story, there's been hundreds of it since the 30s, nothing special. Pizza could have made the L.A. setting his own by maybe discovering the "dirty hellhole" and maybe focus on some of the multiple cults that exist in L.A./Hollywood. Maybe the Problem was that Pizza doesn't really know L.A., so the setting of S2 didn't feel that alive as Louisiana in S1. it also lacked a relatively normal character like Marty to bounce off the autism of Farrell's, Gaycop's, McAdam's and Vince's characters.

i'd doubt it, Pizza will forever be butthurt about the failure that is S2...

Gaycop was pretty fucking normal outside of being in denial that he was a fag. He certainly wasn't nearly as autistic as the rest.

I have also taken a while to watch TD, and now that I have I don't know what the fuck else to watch.

I like him.

He was just someone trying to achieve a life that Marty had and took for granted.

What? He didn't knew marty

> tfw you're just a regular dude with a big ass dick

Fucking morty and his domestics

MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO SPREAD THEIR SEED! WOMEN ARE TO BLAME FOR EVERYTHING.

TD POWER RANKINGS

>1. Rust=Ray=Frank
>2. Marty
>3. gaycop
>POWERGAP
>9000021. Knifegirl

So it was assumed that the burns were from Iraq but didn't pizza say that his mom did it when he was a kid?

I know that. I'm just saying his goals in life were just similar to what Marty already had.

Marty had a loving wife and kids, He also seem to be respected in his job

I feel like that's all what Paul wanted too but his denial of being gay and all the crazy stuff with mom stop him from getting all that.

Speaking of this, I have 1 question, who was Rust shooting at in the 5th episode if Ledoo and the fat man were already dead? was he having a hallucination, or was it some kind of 2deep4me metaphor, like he was shooting at god?

They executed them, that's not allowed for police. Hence, making it look like a gunfight.

damn, I never thought i'd say this but you might be too dumb to watch tv

If gaycop had his burns from his mom, and turned out to be some bad guy in a twist, S2 might have been better.

Season 2 was good, slow burn and great last few episodes. Season one was the opposite: great beginning and middle, fizzled out at the end.

But they already had a gun fight, what's the point of faking it?

damn, I never thought i'd say this but you might be too dumb to browse Sup Forums

pizza shouldve focused on the rape within hollywood syndicate but if he shed light on it he wouldve been blacklisted but it wouldve been infinitely more watchable than land holdings and personal short comings.

s2 was such a mess

There was no gunfight, blondeman got executed and the fatman charged into the mines.

How did season 1 fizzle out?

he was angry at the absence of god. but in the end, he learned the light is winning and thats the meaning of becoming a True Detective ™

>green eared spaghetti monster
>anticlimactic ending
You know

post kino sex scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think maybe Rust thought he was LeDoux during that scene, like he was shooting at himself as some kind of metaphor for suicide or something.

> spaghetto monster

Thought that was the connection to the first episode about Rust talking how small things break investigations open.

> anti-climactic ending

The fight was probably the climax of that episode. The ending was bitter-sweet, don't know what you're talking about. Rust and Morty are bros again.

this.

S2 is shit, its nothing like S1 (god-tier)

why the fuck did they use paint as the tie in, as opposed to green ear protection, like one would wear if their jobs was to mow lawns.

cmon pizza, this still makes me mad.
ending wasnt anticlimactic though

>But they already had a gun fight

it;s like you really didn't watch the episode!

>people still hate season 2
Pleb filter

Fuckin Ray, what a muppet

> gorillion dollars in the trunk
> qt knifewaifu wetting for you dripping wet
> ima go see my fat kiddo again and get shot

Who did it better, Clay Davis or Rust?

youtube.com/watch?v=bIpZA37Eijk

It is a literal pile of shit compared to S1, regardless of what it might be when compared to other tv shows.

Pls go Pizza

true kino

I agree with this

Priorities man.

Frank could have just as well left with his woman too, they both succumbed to greed and Frank to pride.

If you have a gorillion dollars, it's plenty easy to come see your kid in a couple years.

I really enjoyed TD. It made me sort of depressed but it was still really good. Sup Forums was really weird when it aired. I can't really put my finger on it. Basically you were better off just watching it without this board.

If they ever make a season 3 who would you guys like to see casted as the leads pic related

Set in Boston, Detectives Seamus and Mack are on the trail of a leprechaun murderer who exclusively targets delis.

>You know
i actually dont. the ending of season 1 was absolutely GOAT. SOOOOO sad with rust letting go of his daughter finally.

Then you're a fucking moron.

I think it's about time we get the sequal we need, with big guys, crashing planes, and the fire that always rises: True CIA when?

both good choices for some good kino

I'm leaning towards CIA kino though, maybe even have some kind of hothead CIA detectives.

How about you fuck right off back to l.eddit. Bane posting has been around for 5 years and it's a fucking corpse. People like you go "HAHAHA MAN HE'S A B I G G U Y". I bet you unironically like the Nolan brothers you dumb mother fucker, hell I bet you like Cuckworld by Jonathan Nolan too. Fuck off and get out of here. inb4 hothead

DUBS ARE TRUTH FUCK BANEPOSTING GET THE FUCK OUT YOU SHITTY NOLAN FANBOYS

I'll be the bigger guy and just walk away

>No dubs

That's right, I win.

It wasn't even his kid

It was though.

Was it proven in the show? I can't remember, just thought it was impossible for him to be ginger since Farrell doesn't have any ginger in him.

Yeah the kid's his.

>Irish
>doesn't have any ginger in him

Yep, the rest of these mouthbreathers are too fucking retarded to realise this.

Shake my fucking head.

can I have some dank TD memes, famm?

Good timing, OP.

Ben Foster and Elle Fanning confirmed for the film adaptation of Galveston.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-2016-elle-fanning-ben-foster-star-nic-pizzolattos-galveston-943545

Lovecraft is meme shit and Season 2 benefitted from dropping it.

>le plot twist xd

Mr. Robot pls go.

The only thing that puzzled me about True Detective is how the fuck the Marty's oldest daughter arranged her toys to be exactly like the Ritual on the fucking tape.

Took me a while to come around to Ani. I liked her a lot more after the sixth episode, when she started to change.

Pizza basically flipped the Joss Whedon bad bitch archetype on its head.