Too bad these threads haven't been active lately

Posted wrong, have updated one

>in the mouth of madness
eh

>Perfect blue
>Texas chainsaw massacre

I'll let you off.

Night of the Hunter is great!
what else do you like from 50's american cinema?
i could rec something based off that

I haven't watched as much 50's as i have 40's and 60's so i would be very appreciative of some good recs

I really like sunset boulevard, bridge on the river kwai, strangers on a train, on the waterfront and Touch of evil

Get some fucking taste or stay on imdb, kid.

Nicholas Ray, Douglas Sirk, Vincente Minelli

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is great, even though I'm not a fan of horror films

Catch Me If You Can, Forrest Gump and LoTR are great.
The Hangover is pretty good too, at least the first one. The sequels were decent, but not as great as it.
What's middle right?

Can you name all 9 of yours, seen this a few times and I want to check if I'd be interested in any of them?

Hi

i'll probably watch Adieu Philippine today...
>Can you name all 9 of yours, seen this a few times and I want to check if I'd be interested in any of them?
it's a troll chart, i doubt the guy that posted it ITT is the original creator
films are
Passing On
i don't know
Blow Debris

Casanova
Le Revelateur
Boko Climax!

Annie Oakley footage
The Eye Above The Well
I don't know

most of em are on kg, others on yt, and some you won't find at all online

Only seen one of these
hmmm I haven't seen any of these
nice
lol i've seen them all looool
nobody has ever seen any of these
looool waaaaaaaaaar!!/10 cool cool
hmmmm I dont know any of these either lol!!

I rate every chart thank you you're welcome very good

>nobody has ever seen any of these
>mysterious skin has over 50,000 votes on imdb
hmmm

hmmm good point but there are 7 trillion people on the planet

70000/50000=0.0000000001

and everybody knows 00000.1=0

so I think I win lol

Oh well then.

>looool waaaaaaaaaar!!/10 cool cool
Yes my friend, you are of great argument xD

Nice, hope you'll like it, if you dig Rozier's style, Antonin Peretjatko is kinda similar but with recents comedies.

Sala bim

Incubus is a patritian choice I've never seen it here

Yeah and thanks for the rec, btw have you seen any other rivette recently?

what do you think of lucile hadzihalilovic?

only recognize meshes of the afternoon
what are the others?
and what do you think of other Deren works?

>black bars
ree

Top centre, mid left and mid right?

Oh no, me no discuss that on Sup Forums no no

Fortress of War, Cold Mountain and Neprijatelj (The Enemy).
Imo Neprijatelj is a must watch, even though I'm not a fan of psychological horrors/thrillers. And you don't have to really know anything about the Yugo wars, it's just it's setting and isn't that important to the plot.

would you rec barton fink to someone who hasn't loved most coen bros films?

Probably not, no. Which have you seen? Did you like any of them?

I've also watched Noroit and Merry go round, but I didn't like them as much as Duelle.

I haven't seen any of her films, but I have often heard of Innocence and Evolution, do you like them?

A serious man was great, Blood simple was good
the rest I've seen (Fargo, No country for old men, and Big lebowski) I didn't really like

What did you like so much about Mysterious Skin? Personally I found it pretty tasteless and crude.

Try Raising Arizona.

Weird, i found it to be incredibly genuine and it had a lot of emotional resonance with me, despite the themes of the film, which I thought would make me distance myself a little from it.

please expand on why you didn't like it, although I can understand what you mean by the crudeness of it, there are a lot of scenes I don't want to see ever again, the firework halloween sequence specially.
But I don't know about tasteless.
I'll be happy to discuss more.

I like them both a lot, both really have a heavy atmosphere and impecable visuals, paired with Bressonic actor policies.
Innocence specially is very tense but very dreamy.

I'd recommend both a lot, though they are difficult films, so I'd understand if you didn't like them, particularly Innocence, which reeks of underlaying themes of sexuality, this may not sit well with a lot of viewers and mixed with the atmosphere I mentioned earlier it really is claustrophobic and makes you feel like drowning at times.

I've saved this list of names for the meme chart, not sure of how accurate it is

Passing On
The Sheik
Doug Aitken's Blow Debris
Casanova
La Revelateur
Rape Climax
Annie Oakley: The Little Sure Shot of the Wild West
Eye Above the Well
photo from S. A. Andree's arctic balloon expedition crash

I will then, thanks!
what do you think of Barton Fink?

could be the Sheik, though some have claimed it's from an experimental film called Diva Dolorosa

and the photo from the balloon crash is supposed to be Idea Of The North

To me it just felt too imbalanced. JGL's character was obviously the main focus of the two, yet we don't see almost any of his inner struggle. Instead you're treated to a number of cold, overt, gratuitous scenes depicting "the dark and violent underworld of the super scary gay life" which felt thrown in there just for shock value. I get that you're supposed to see him as a hopeless shut-in from the outside world, but I didn't think it worked too well. In contrast, we get to see all of Corbet's character's turmoil, but then you've got that pointless UFO red herring shoved in there to bog it down for no reason whatsoever.

I've seen people say that the film would have been the same if JGL's character was a female prostitute instead of a gay male one, but I disagree completely. It's clearly very specifically homosexual focused. Which wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so over the top dark and negative about it, almost homophobic (which I find very curious, since Araki is gay himself), hence the crudity and tastelessness, imo.

Still, the film does indeed deal really well with the subject of trauma and I can see how it can hit a chord with a lot of people, but if you're looking at the gay side of it (which is a significant one), it's severely lacking in substance. There's much better films out there that deal with similar subjects, such as Jarman or Fassbinder's, to name a couple directors.

Bump I have to respond to the other user

What didn't you like about Fargo NCFOM or Big lebowski?

H