Memes that need to die

>Sup Forums has normie taste in music
You think most normies have ever heard of King Crimson or My Bloody Valentine?

Other urls found in this thread:

thecurrent.org/feature/2016/05/05/893-essential-albums
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You think most normies have ever heard of King Crimson or My Bloody Valentine
Yes. Not full on normies obviously but hipster normies listen to a lot of the same shit that Sup Forums listens to. You can thank fantano for that.
t. normie

Sup Forums doesn't even like prog that much.

>You think most normies have ever heard of King Crimson or My Bloody Valentine?
hipsters hate prog rock
mbv is for junkies

Nah, OP is right
Hipsters are not normies, they're a halfway point between normies and patricians that tend to be in it for the image
But I'd much rather talk about music with a hipster than a normie

My local radio station asked people for the 893 most essential albums
thecurrent.org/feature/2016/05/05/893-essential-albums
Loveless in 91st place
ITCOTCK in 379th
As you can see, the survey was held shortly after Prince and Bowie died, so there's a lot of Prince and Bowie spam. More because
>Minnesota

>You think most normies have ever heard of King Crimson or My Bloody Valentine?
Absolutely.

Is Minnesota a nice place?

That website is a fucking disaster

I'd heard of KC and MBV when I was in school in 2004. They're not exactly underground bands.

Anyone who tries to put down others because their taste in music is too "mainstream" doesn't actually care about music. They just want to feel special

I wanted to tell you I knew of KC from before I got in music but that was only because I read Jojo.

A billion times this

I agree but it is annoying when someone who only listens to Top 40 or Dadrock or any genre equivalent has very strong opinions on genres/artists/formats/etc.

normies have probably heard of them but they don't listen to them or get them. reeee tasteless normie sheep.

real patrician levels

how would you know? you have no friends

this, i felt very zen about my taste in music and its difference from other people's tastes until i moved in with a roommate who walked in on me listening to drone once and said "you know this is bad, right?"
ever since then i've wanted to fcuking strangle him whenever he's playing his shitty fucking rap or reggae or whatever inoffensive quirky pop garbage he sniffs out

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be true in the past when people didn't constantly discuss hip hop and pop music

literally none of my friends had ever heard of MBV before i shilled them

Same for me (a few years later), but I had almost no friends who also liked MBV or even fucking Pavement by then.
I had to wait until I was 20 and moved to the second biggest city of my country to talk about and see live the music I truly liked with similar minded people.

This. Sup Forums elitism is a defense mechanism, and if you can't see that, you obviously haven't hanged around with enough normalfags. Even Teenage Fanclub can be too alien for some of them, I swear.

What a dick. People like this should stop listening to music

I'm more concerned about the arbitrary value of 893-best albums.

Why 893? Why not something more even or round, like 500 or 1000? Did they pick the number out of a hat? Is that the number of unique submissions they received from their listeners? Does it have some sort of meaning we're not understanding?

The best music is normal music.

I assumed it was the station frequency. Probably 89.3 MHz FM

disgusting perspective. popular taste, taken as a mass entity, is arbitrary. popular music is an arbitrary mush of inoffensive bullshit. if you let yourself judge music based on the opinions of such a large mass, you're being determined by a herd. disgusting. on the other hand, your own tastes are only as arbitrary as your inability to develop and defend them. it's called being an individual, user. try it out.

good spectator

MBV no, not really
but King Crimson definitely, i was listening to them when i was a huge normie

That's just bullshit

great argument. i've changed my view.

It's great in Fall and Spring. Decent music scene, but not great. Plenty of fun places to go and things to do.
The station is 89.3

A lot of dadrockers are at least aware of ITCOTKC and MBV has become very trendy in the last few years

>Nah I've never heard of King Crimson, but I love Bullet for My Valentine!

>Le nu-male shaming meme
>Le i hate trump statements meme
>Le politic correctness in music meme
>Le i hate god hurrr praise the devil meme
>Le black genocide meme
>Le Kpop meme
Thanks for read.

t. numale