Why are Chinese martial arts bullshit?

By now I take it we've all seen the fight of the Tai Chi "Master" vs the MMA guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=V6RrxTBdJs4

My question is, when did Chinese martial arts historically become bullshit? Were they always bullshit and useless in a real fight, or did this happen over a period of many years - e.g. shitty HK movies making people believe they could defeat others when in reality they never could.

Incidentally, it turns out that the MMA guy in the video is now in hiding, fearing for his life because of death threats from Chinese nationalists.

Looks like stupid bullshit fake drama for 12 years old to me.

Like all "professional" fighting, really.

No clue about martial arts but i always considered tai chi to be more like yoga and not fiighting.
What about Kung fu?

Also care to explain how that fat old guy is a "master"?

He's a master of eating dogs.

>My question is, when did Chinese martial arts historically become bullshit?
I would randomly guess right after Bruce Lee you would probably have every ting and dong starting their own school trying to ride the hype.

MMA basically came from China tho. Even Japanese martial arts were basic Chinese rip offs. Tai Chi is basically like Yoga it not meant for combat.

loads of other chinese lads have challenged him now to try and redeem chinese martial arts.

just like in my chink movies! I hope he accepts their challenges.

My man at the end wearing a "50 Cent" t-shirt with Kanye on it lol.

I can't listen to Chinese. It hurts my ears.

>MMA basically came from China tho.

No it didn't chang. MMA is basically kickboxing plus boxing plus wrestling.

Stop trying to save face lmao.

All the martial arts came from India and derivately from China, retard.

You can't seriously be this stupid. Greco-Roman wrestling? Pankration? European swordsmanship (Italian and Spanish) from where fencing derived?

KYS.

>MMA is basically kickboxing plus boxing plus wrestling.
No it's not.

Things change.

What's your point?

A lot of Chinese martial arts got simplified when the masters of that time had to teach the children of the emperor/other royalty. They didn't want to risk getting punished if the kids got hurt so they removed all the dangerous stuff and made it more ceremonial. That being said, the past 30 years the age of information really got going and not so surprisingly it's helping form the most effective martial artist by combining the most effective techniques.

his point is no one can be as stupid as you.

>and Italians wonder why people hate them

Where do you niggers think Europeans, like the Greeks, came from?

Tai Chi is self-defense

MMA is a combat sport

Same thing really.

I assume because of and Wuxia shit the Martial art has been hyped up to be more than what it really is. At the same time it's not a fair compairison either, see what happens anytime a boxer takes on an MMA guy? Or when an MMA guy takes on a boxer but with boxing rules?

Maybe it was a poor choice of words I meant to say that all the martial arts derive from India and China, not that they all came from there.

>I meant to say that all the martial arts derive from India and China,

No they don't.

Considering how Europeans come from Asia your opinion is literally retarded.

Almost all Mma fighters use a combination of grappling and kickboxing.

this ain't hong kong cinema, bitch

MMA is legal Pankration, or "All Forms" of fighting. Tai Chi is one shitty martial arts style.

asians can't fight most are beta manlets

Completely shit argument.

Just because some europeans were from the indian subcontinent 10000 years ago, you think their martial arts are asian.

Cool story mate.

>some europeans
You mean all.

I mean, what the fuck did he expect would happen?
Seems like a no-brainer

Yeah im sure when they moved to syria and iraq EVERY single person turned east. Not a single person turned north or northwest.

I said Asia.
Dunno why you said India.

but he can't defend himself so it's fucking useless

Because i assume you meant the closest part of asia to europe.

But if you are going full retard dont stop now. Tell me how middle easterns in the cradle of civilisation of turkey and iraw went to east asia before europe. Well forget the greek/persian history for the last 6,000 years.

What?

fuck off you dumb greasy wog

Yeah, that's more like it, finally you've outed yourself.

t. Paolo Patel.

i'm a different person you fascist prick

> can't take some white on white banter on Sup Forums

Get your arguments and your life in order.

Apparently there's a prize pool for beating him too

It really is like a movie now

is tai-chi even a martial art?
i thought its some shit like yoga

why didnt he just do the touch of death?

>australians
>white
?

That's a very simplistic view. MMA is pretty much its own martial art at this point, the new breed chain techniques from multiple martial arts with ease compared to the first generation fighters who only studied other styles to counter them.

Most of the real shit was in Hong Kong, where you still had to fight to keep your school if somebody turned up and said you're shit m8.
The rule of thumb in the West should be, who's doing this art? If they're doormen, security pros and other roughnecks, it's probably got something. If a class is full of fucking jugglers or art history teachers in yoga pants, leave.
If they don't focus from the start on power generation and tell you that without it, all the hand waving is worse than useless, leave.
Pic related, Paul Whitrod, top guy in Chow Gar, which is brutal and horribly efficient but doesn't really look like 'kung fu' if you've watched too many Bruce Lee movies.
He's been based in Stratford for a long time, before it was gentrified (a bit). The standing joke was you needed to know the kung fu to get to the first class.

>pressure points
wew lad, you sure about this stuff?

my question exactly when i saw this news last week.

Pressure points can actually work, but good luck hitting them hard under adrenaline dump. Paul's honest enough to admit that, but then again the old school (like him) trained three times a day and did not much else.

This, I thought Tai Chi was some sort of hippie bullshit for suburban moms to do in the park.

It went back a long way as a fighting art, but the modern bullshit makes it nearly impossible to find anything good, and even if you did it's years and years of weird internal training. One good marker of 'real' weirdo Chinese arts is stake standing as training. This looks like obvious bullshit but isn't.
Tai Chi is the last thing you'd go and look for to learn how to fight, unless you're 50+.

that mma guys striking isn even that good. Footwork looked terrible. Hed get destroyed by a real fighter. Thai chi is more about spirituality and health but there are lots of asian martial arts techniques used in mma. Especially akido wushu and that chinese wrestling shit

china, obviously

Lmao, I looked this up and got the full story, this "master" made some videos of him "creating forcefields" and pushing objects using "chi"

And since people are stupid they believed the tai chi master was some real life wuxia expert and made money off it so the mma fighter challenged him to make these people realize they were being fooled by a fraud

After laying the beat down the retarded masses said the mma fighter was a traitor to Chinese culture and the government ruined his life, pulling strings to get him fired, taking down his social media, and now he's "disappeared" probably to next reappear in a prison somewhere on bogus charges.

Wow, I thought the Chinese government was anti-superstition. Don't they still ban movies with ghosts?

>China is anti-superstition, but (((Communist)))
>Worst Korea literally had a cabal of (((feminists))) running the country from behind the curtain like some gook Wizard of Oz using nothing more than (((astrology))), but it's (((Capitalist)))

Asia is fucking trash.