What's your excuse?

I don't have a cool view of trees

How much does that setup cost?
Also no talent

this

I'm choosing this excuse

His new album was in one ear and out the other
Sounds like everything else

Four Tet is one of those artists I just don't understand why anyone gets exited about.

for not making this bland, generic crap? Nice view though.

I'm dumb and I don't understand music theory

sauce on that keyboad and box on the left

i dont have that kind of money

seconding this

because im poor and cant afford a midi keyboard or sampler

the prism sound lyra interface alone costs more than what all of Sup Forums combined earns in a month

im a grown man i have responsibilities so i cant sit around and make beepboops on my computer all day

>I don't understand music theory
fuck music theory. everyone harps on it like it's the word of God or the laws of physics as if it's something to be obeyed.

he could do the same shit with any other interface

old ass m-audio 25 key midi controller (100$) and a prism sound lyra (2000$)

what in the world makes that thing worth $2000

what's in the back behind his computer?

i like mu sometimes

prism sound also makes the dscope series and other lab tier measurement equipment
their audio interfaces are absolute highest end in every component and probably some of the best you can get

music theory is descriptive, not prescriptive
It's not going to tell you how to make a good song

>he used only a laptop for new nrg

no wonder it sounds like laptop sample trash

kinda silly for him to use that though with small-ass monitors and no visible acoustic treatments

>The Lyra family of USB audio interfaces offers Prism Sound performance at its most affordable ever.

Now tell us about the price on that tree?

yeah, looks like all the wrong priorities but who knows if it's not some kind of sponsored deal or whatever circumstances he got that thing from

I think the monitors are Mackie MR8 mk. II or something, they're $4-500 for a pair. Bedroom studio amateur tier, not something I'd consider suitable for serious work. The controller is cheap crap too.

So yeah I'm sure he was given the interface. It's the least important part of the signal chain in terms of marginal gains from spending more money.

you're too young to be here m8.

He uses the interface to play live + 4Tet is not really into gear, he produced Rounds using no audio interface and a pair of old speakers

Don't be silly some user asked for prices, I simply answered

Booohooo, better stick around to true music like rock and classical amirite fellow redditors? Because of course, that's true music, unlike """music""" made by a computer. Pshht.

You can be not into gear and still take monitoring more seriously.

>macfag

>2 octaves
top lol

2 octaves are good enough for skipping through presets, noodling some leads and sequencing the rest in ableton

No wonder this is trash. Fuck electronic artists who try to make albums. It doesnt work. Always sounds like a bunch of soulless singles. Stick to eps. Way more effrctive.

lol four tet sucks
>blep blop bloop blarp
plebes who listen to shit i swear....

At least he is better than that joke jamie xx. That guys fucking horseshit.

fuck you on about? Im a massive four tet fan and think the latest is lacking

Listen again there's some good tracks on it,but sometimes i just get tired of his repeating samples on this album. Scientist and Lush are really good

He doesn't like
>Girl
>Loud Places
>Good times
>Obvs
>Gosh

wew

I think that's possibly my problem. I loved TILIY and I guess either there was more progression within each song or I've just got rose tinted glasses on and it's similar to this new one.

Just listened to Lush and whilst it sounds nice, it's kinda unnecessary for it to be as long as it is without really doing anything. I mean, creatively do what you want with your music but it doesn't do enough for ME

>he likes shitty Americanized edm
wew

okay yeah Scientists is good.

Are you talking about In Colour? Minus good times that album is heavily UK garage influenced.

i'm too busy banging my head against the synth 'cause i suck at synthesis to "produce"

>Not filtering tripfags

you sound hurt

The real world user, it's scary out there

lel

I don't have that software, or that synthesizer, or those speakers, or that thing on the left or behind the laptop whatever those are, or a window with a view of nature.

I have a laptop.

it's a midi controller keyboard

Oh ok, well I don't have that.

you've obviously never listened to beautiful rewind all the way through

Was it suprise that you just need laptop and creative mind to make music.

dont know synthesis or music theory. am shit with automation and small things here and there

The only thing you really need is software and talent.

The other stuff makes it a bit easier.

A laptop is all you need

well, sort of, the monitoring setup in that pic blows, and whether you use a keyboard or not is a matter of preference

and software

btw no way he does the whole process in that setup.

Likely does all the demos there and then takes the stems to an engineer and does the final mixdowns there.

Then obviously has someone else master them.

I practice a different craft. I'm extremely good at it and have made a career out of it.

tfw you make ambient drone music because you dont know music theory

Dude has autism, I'm sure that contributes to his minimalist setup. With that being said, no excuse

>tfw have dual screen setup, a full digital piano, a bunch of MIDI controllers and I'm still too lazy to produce anything

>tfw you study music theory but still make shitty process/experimental music

That’s a very small piano

What audio interface is that?

Its so he gets less latency.

I'm sure he's capable of mixing his own shit.

you don't have to have formal training to not be lazy

I don't see why latency would be important with that setup. Latency is mostly a software buffer thing anyway.

You dont know what youre talking about

I like his dancier stuff, Pink, Ringer EP, bits from There Is Love In You
Planet off his new one is a good track

Check out Randoms. It's fantastic

A casio keyboard could cost nothing, and they have midi outputs. So you really are just making excuses for yourself. If you really wanted it. You would have those things by now.

Ableton Live 9

I actually could, I'm just lazy.

I haven't learned or practiced how to make music. Also I have very low motivation at the moment. It is one of my dreams, though. Maybe someday I'll get around to giving it a try.

I want to buy an omnichord but they cost so much. Even broken ones are hundreds of dollars.

I have an OM-84 and I have to say they're really overrated as fuck.

or a cool room in a cool place or all the free time needed FUCK THIS WHOLE THREAD IS MAKING MAD I KEEP SCROLLING AND KEEP SEEING SOME STRAIGHT BULLSHIT IN HERE