Was Syd all that?

Was Syd all that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpr_Dcr6q_4
youtube.com/watch?v=8cIgt5CUZMI
youtube.com/watch?v=NPoZoEV9AsU
youtube.com/watch?v=em4Yl8qIm9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Sup Forums just fetishes mental illness.

His songs are good, but I can't get over the fact he went crazy and just dropped everything to what, live with his parents, become obese and shave all of the hair off of his head? He just sounds like the most depressing burnout of the 60s.

If it was all he could cope with it was all he could cope with. By the accounts of his family he was perfectly happy living like that anyway.

yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=rpr_Dcr6q_4
youtube.com/watch?v=8cIgt5CUZMI
youtube.com/watch?v=NPoZoEV9AsU
youtube.com/watch?v=em4Yl8qIm9Q

it was pretty dank psych pop but meddle is still their best album

In the context of being the impetus for all of Pink Floyd's (better) music made after Piper at the Gates, he was pretty important. Who knows what would've happened if the acid didn't make him into a fucking lunatic

Yes, but he was fucking cuckoo, poor lad

i think you mean 'animals'

For a very brief period in 66 and 67, he was one of the absolute best songwriters in pop/rock music. It's a shame he didn't last though. I've read reports that his flat mates used to pick on him a lot and spike his food/drink with large doses of LSD often, which could be why he had lost his marbles by the beginning of 68.

His solo stuff was pretty garbage, unfortunately, with a few exceptions (Octopus is an amazing track). Most of it was coaxed out of him by Gilmour and Rogers and it was all written pre-1967. Syd had no interest in recording or releasing any of it and it shows.

Piper was his one definitive musical statement and it is all that and then some.

Yes he was a talentless hack.

I think you mean obscured by clouds

Poor Syd
He deserved better

nice , possibly their worst album , good shitpost friend !

how much lsd did this motherfucker take

And then they came for Syd.

His roommates supposedly spiked his morning coffee with LSD. I don't know if that's true but it must have stemmed from somewhere.

yo what the fuck, how is that a thing you would do to a flatmate.

Just banter bruv

Just banter as your entire existence melts before your eyes and suddenly you don't exist

It was LSD, not fucking DMT

In Saucerful of Secrets; The Unofficial Pink Floyd Story apparently Syd moved right next door to the first Acid dealer in London. When these people found out who Syd was they were giving it to him nonstop, spiking his tea. Sounds like the dude was on it constantly and anyone who's taken Acid knows that ain't good.

t. never done a high dose of lsd

>DUDE BRO JUST TAKE PSYCHEDELICS NOTHING BAD CAN HAPPEN THEY CURE MENTAL ILLNESS
>become schizophrenic and lose your career and live with your parents till you die

Don't eat acid like a maniac and you'll be fine.

why his roomates "friends" didnt stop him?
like how they didnt know ?
how could they be like "the dude who made our songs gone crazy lol what ever lets move on"?

good taste

fugg he was a sexy dude

If you have pre existing mental illness or it runs in the family taking acid or other psychedelics are going to exacerbate those symptoms

That is true, but what is also true is that you shouldn't take acid that often no matter who you are

They were spiking his stuff, they certainly weren't helping.

is that confirmed? thats fucked up

Its a miracle that he wasnt dead from exhaustion by 1970

just wait and judge for yourself.