I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit...

I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 3 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky burping scientist lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

but but but
PICKLLLLE RICKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

your first instinct was to shitpost on Sup Forums

you're also in the wrong place.

>complaining about a cartoon
Back to reedit kid.

What's wrong with rick and morty all of the sudden?

It's not a shitpost if it's true.

its fanbase mostly.

NOTHING IS TRUE ON HERE YOU FUCKING NEWFAGGOT ROODYPOO ASS NIGGA

We're not allowed to enjoy things that people enjoy, that we despise for no reason at all, other than being an elite club of the true internetz.

fucking kek

Loved that show. Deep thoughts mixed with toilet humor and a crazy amout of self- and 90s pop culture references.

If you go into something already thinking its cancer, of course you're not open-minded enough to actually give something a try.

I dont care for rick and morty but at least i tried. There were some funny moments and some clever jokes, but nothing worth rewatching for me.

And if you really dont thing a show will be good, dont watch it and complain on the internet faggot.

>going into something assuming you won't like it
Well, I'm not surprised you didn't like it. Maybe you should stop letting the world decide what you should like and enjoy things for what they are. Or continue being a jaded faggot who's overly vocal about his opinion on the internet.
Enjoy rick and morty or don't, I couldn't care less. But you're a fool for being influenced so easily by the internet.

...But hating Rick and Morty is the meme now. You've become the meme.

This post smells of reddit.

LOL thats so badass... wish someone cared about me that much.

Stay down reddit dog.

I hated this show before it became a meme.

I've never laughed at the gay, self-referential humor, nor the way atheistic nihilism is thrown around as if it's edgy or funny. The show had me laugh maybe twice but other than that, it was just cringey, silly shit.

There aren't even the subtleties or dramatic complexities you would expect from a well written children's show--I can without a doubt say this show pales in comparison to Spongebob and even Flapjack.

see above, also you are an anti-American brainlet faggot for posting that shiteater's mug

nah, youre being visited by an OG. Are you scared of reddit? its not even a war anymore, the only reason reddit came here is for all the bot chaos on pol.

I'm not Reddit

lol im one of the oldest old fags known to still frequent 4chahunas

I'll take that comment as a i'm one of you kinda deal.

Show is OK. Sometimes it can actualy be good. The problems are

1. Fanbase. It's bad. Space AIDS/10
2. Story. Tonns of potential are wasted because of questionable writing and cowardice

>Show is OK. Sometimes it can actualy be good
link me to something that's actually funny from that woman's show go ahead

It became faggy and emotional in its third season (female writers). Then the fucking normie mainstream facebook faggots took it over. Nothing is sacred.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Fapped

You said your words. Just abandon anything normified.

>children's show
R&M is definetly not for children.

>I went into a show trying to hate it.
>I hated the show.

Trips of truth.

I would argue that it is, in the same way Family Guy was commonly memed and watched by children.

Even if it wasn't, it is outperformed by childrens shows from the early 2000s both in terms of comedy and dramatic writing.

Well they infect everything ever since the internet became mainstream. I remember when pics of memes were referred to as image macros. A pic of FBF was an image macro while FBF was the frog, now everything is called a fucking meme which triggers me beyond all comprehension

imagine being the faggot OP who cant just enjoy simple things like cartoons

what a miserable fuck

There is not one thing funny on this show. Forced myself to watch three episodes fucking terrible/10.

>this entire thread
Honestly, all I heard about was how awesome this show was, until the faggoty fanbase grew into what it is, and then everybody started saying how shitty it is. I honestly think people are less concerned about whether they like the show, and more concerned about "well, lots of annoying faggots like this show, so I'd better not like it!". Spoken by someone who watched the show, thought it was alright, but not terrible or amazing.

>now everything is called a fucking meme which triggers me beyond all comprehension
I know how you feel when I see disgusting filthy newfags refer to /new/ as /news/ or Sup Forums as /pol or the absolute worst, /news. Fucking redditfugees

MODS

I like rick and morty and do my best not to be cancerous

Dude it was a good show to watch while high and just chill, then these spas thought it was so edgy and smart of a show, see, it's the unfunny uninteligent sperglords that think that by repeating what they see in the show it'll make them fun/smart.

Used to watch it, now it just makes me cringe.

are you retarded? not every meme is a image macro you dumb fuck.

Honestly the pilot isn't that great, but the fact that you're getting into Rick & Morty after it has already become a massive overhyped bandwagon just means you're lame and irrelevant to begin with.
Sorry you had to find out like this.

You didn't watch shit, you massive retard.
You stared at the screen babbling to yourself like a fucking idiot.

It takes a real shit parent to let their kids watch Family Guy.
And ive seen it, and worse.

>Literal hipster trash post
KYS

You were writhing on the floor huh? You are pretty cool because you don't like something a lot of people like also talked shit about people who visit a site that is the same as this one. Man. You are so cool, how do you wake up being so original and cool every day?

You shimmering faggot. any image of a meme is an image macro you spastic shit eating dick nibbler

100% this.
Also, the comedy was in that it pulled no punches even when it came to touchy topics like women - until they forced diversity on the writers and it started to pull those punches and got more reddity.

You sound like you enjoy life.

Hey man, if having good taste and being relevant means I'm a hipster, then pass me the fucking PBR and moustache wax. I'd much rather be that, than some boring ass dude from a podunk backwater shithole whose epitome of entertainment is sweaty dudes chasing a ball.

My god, i agree with this so much i want to suck your fucking dick.

The only okay season was the first one. There was a sharp quality decline from it afterwards, the next to seasons were complete shit, and any subsequent seasons will also be complete shit.

Underrated post. You insufferable manchildren are as bad as the shitty fanbase. Just go outside for once and move on with your life instead of your tryhard screeching.

samefag

If that makes you feel better about your half assed attempts at being contrary for the sake of it, sure thing buddy.

Just a fag

I don't know why everyone makes Rick and Morty out to be the messiah of Adult Swim.
>Moral Orel
>Venture Bros.
>Xavier
All god tier and have what Rick and Morty lack. Compelling characters and good writing. It doesn't rely on one guy being a pseudo intellectual with "nihilism"

xavier gets threads on Sup Forums sometime but it was only something like 20 episodes, and they're only 11 minutes long, not much to "talk" about, people just spam the quotes.
venture bros is dead, i didn't even make it past episode 1 of season 6
moral orel gets some Sup Forums threads. clay is my favorite character

"I hated Rick and Morty before it was cool."
That's your point?
That's about 1.5 more cringes on the autism scale than saying "I liked band X before they were mainstream."

Mah nigga

It was fine, with several complete garbage episodes. It doesn't help that the pilot episode was complete garbage itself.

I actually just marathoned Moral Orel. It was very well fleshed out and its a shame they cut it off so soon because Lasso said
>"Its too depressing"
The purely comedic slapstick in season 1 did a good job of instilling light dread when the more serious stuff got sprinkled in. Nature fucked me up a lot.
>Clay is my favorite
You're damn right he's your favorite. Mans got more more drive and personality in his little puppet hand that Rick does on his entire being.

>I'm better than others, I do science, I know what life is about
>No one understands me. But Rick does. Because he is 200 IQ. Like me.

I have a fear that the cartoon might equip certain people with a narrow perspective on life.

I really enjoy R&M but this mindset never fails to make me cringe.

Literally almost every cartoon ever made does this shit.

You can enjoy the show and not be a fag about it.

You can't hate the show and not be a fag about it though, apparently.

you complain about the interaction with other people you do not have to interact with.
it's like forcing yourself to eat food you know you don't like and afterwards complain about how bad it tastes.

I watched all episodes of rick & morty.
I like it, to be honest.
hate me for it if you want, but I didn't think about "fanbase" or other people watching rick & morty in general until I saw this thread.
I just enjoyed watching the show, that's it.

Tell me about it, what exactly does this horrible fanbase (which I don't even know) do of which you cannot escape in any way by just watching the show and not interacting with this evil fanbase?
Or what exactly forces you to interact with them?

yeeeeees
MOAR

I like Rick and Morty. It makes me laugh. That's pretty much it. I don't analyze it, try to figure out the hidden meanings, it's just funny.

Like the little device Rick made who's sole purpose in life is to serve him butter. The little creatures horror at the realization of how meaningless his existence is and the "oh my god" statement was too funny. Ricks subsequent "yeah, welcome to the club pal" was hilarious to anyone who has lived a life and come to the realization that not a lot of it actually matters in the overall scheme of things.

I think Roiland and Harmon are a couple of smart dudes, and they're having fun. It's a tv show, kids, not high-art. Just enjoy it, or don't watch it, depending on your point of view.

You faggots really will argue about anything.

>You faggots really will argue about anything.
No we won't

SJW writers refusing to tackle any "offensive" subjects and re-used sci-fi tropes.

Cringe, but thats a keeper right there. Also helps to have a disposable income to order random shit online

Its not a show worth sitting on the couch and giving it all your attention. Its a show you let play in the background while you're on the computer gaming/fapping

The psychiatrist episode was literally a diversity hire writing herself into an episode.

Interesting dilemma.. Is it gay to have sex with yourself? Is it just masturbation? Incest?

To be fair, the parts of the episodes where its filler of them improv'ing lines and animated something to go with it remind me a lot of older adult swim. Those are meant to fill time but in all honesty thats the only time they actually have any sense of humor

when did this happen

First episode is unironically the worst episode of all three series.

Its an edit you fucking poptart edge.

>I instantly had to tell everyone how much I disliked it but could see why so many people watch it

sounds like someone explaining away watching an MLP episode

To be fair......
Post copypasta

I just read this and I spent the entire thread repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 3 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky retarded child
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

"Rick and Morty"? Only a plebeian worm would engage in viewing broadcasts of such a sad and idiotic show. Unlike you low IQ apes, I please my optical sensors with only the finest of entertainment. I'll bet that you're inquiring as to what source of entertainment I am referring to. Although I don't expect you to comprehend it, the television show in question is "Young Sheldon". You see, the humor is vastly superior to that of "Rick and Morty". First of all "Rick and Morty" relies heavily on improvisional comedy, while the intellectual humor of "Young Sheldon" is scripted and well thought out before being presented to an audience. Second of all "Rick and Morty" is extremely unfaithful to its source material (Back to the Future, for you simpletons) while "Young Sheldon" is just as good if not better than watching "The Big Bang Theory". I could go on and on about how "Rick and Morty" is vastly inferior to "Young Sheldon" but I highly doubt that you have the mental capability to process such logic. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour a glass of brandy whilst I redigest the latest episode of "Young Sheldon" so I can make an entry about it to the "Young Sheldon" wikia. Hopefully, I can forget about ever having the displeasure of interacting with you. Sigh... How tedious.

that's the reddit's mother and she is desperately attempting to build self-esteem into her child after years of failure. it's not her fault - she should have taken away his laptop around at 13 and encouraged him to go into the real world and be pushed around until he found his place.

Tendies

well in all fairness, her fucking eyelids are COVERED from the first third away from the nose, so she has a point,

It’s popular so naturally the contrarians that Sup Forums is full of hate it and look for reasons to hate it because of that.

So every meme has some gay text around it?

You're not impressing anyone. Think about what you're typing.

That’s exactly what is happening. Identity politics has infested every fucking thing there is. People can’t like a show anymore if an annoying person also likes it. Pathetic faggotry, that’s all.

just watched a video of this show. seems ok, creative and random which could be entertaining . why does everyone talk shit about their fan base though?

The classic and commonly heard hipster argument. “The first X was good, then everything else sucked”

Maybe your brain just sucks faggot.

in one of the universes this happens all the time?

It's bait.

ah a true OG. I remember for a short time they being called macros before they even plagued this place.

yep, it always works too. doc and mharti travel around time and save kites

STOP RAPING ME YOU RACIST MYSOGYNIST HOMOPHOBE ISLAMOPHOBE!!!!

lol he had to hire "female" writers that dont conform to gender bias