A friend of mine has started using meth after being an opioid and benzo addict for 3 years. He's 19...

A friend of mine has started using meth after being an opioid and benzo addict for 3 years. He's 19. Should I cut contact with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xcecg4W2yl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try to stage an intervention
if that doesn't work, report him to the police and cut him off

>report him to the police and cut him off
no don't do this

Why the fuck would he report his friend to the cops you retard

Meh. Interventions only work if he WANTS to get clean. Be a friend still, be there for him if he needs someone to talk to or to help him get clean. But no, don't support his habit or let his addictions effect you!

totes.
but maybe it's too late.

>be randomdude in a forgotten town
>accidentally friends with druggo 20 miles away
>police ravages druggo house, finds out randomdude phone number near the Colombian cartel phone numbers, warrant immediately issued and randomdude house gets SWATted because why not?
>gramps scared to death, people in town already telling each other randomdude was a busted pedo, and supplementary shit
>years later the aftermath isn't forgotten

This. Don't cut contact.

Drugs are fun, until they're not. He'll realize he has a problem. And he'll need people there when he tries to turn it all around.

meth addicts will eventually look towards crime in order to fund their habits. reporting him to the police now, before he becomes a criminal, is the best thing to do.

Don't call the police.. They will ruin his life and he will be all the less likely to ever quit because he will feel so hopeless with a felony on his record and the prospect of facing that in every job interview for the rest of his life.
He needs help. NA (narcotics anonymous) is a very strong organization in many cities. Staging an intervention probably won't work either if he's in the midst of active addiction.
You have to balance being there for him and protecting yourself. Addicts are dangerous and they feel helpless to their addictions. They will do things they never imagined and feel utterly powerless not to.
Hopefully you're in a state with decent mental health care. If you can get him into a rehab, do it. Deep down he must know something is very, very wrong. Probably he's doing his drugs just to cope with the fact that he is doing drugs.
He will die eventually if he doesn't get help.

methheads are human trash, he deserves to have everything in his life taken away from him. at that point he can decide whether he wants to quit using or keep abusing.

>He will die eventually if he doesn't get help.
all methheads deserve to die

what about all the legal meth doctors prescribe to people and kids? Adderal is an amphetamine. Kids on Adderal are quite literally addicted to amphetamines.

People with addictions aren't "human trash," they have a mental illness. They don't deserve to lose everything they have in life.

Only the dark side deals in absolutes.
In all seriousness, people who say things like that tend to be more dangerous than drug addicts. Addicts can be helped. High horse narcissists become subjugators and mass murders and think they're justified.

I agree. I truly believe that if you've never had an addiction before, your opinion on someone else's addiction really doesn't matter...

I had a benzo addiction for about two years. I didn't have to do rehab, but I felt a lot better talking with people who had actually experienced something similar to me.

Not sure if troll or just American...

Best methhead joke ever

youtu.be/Xcecg4W2yl4

OP here. We live in CA. Sadly, we live in a crime ridden beach town with plenty of drugs and homeless people, so there's no shortage of anything, let it be heroin or meth.

My friend claims that crystal meth will help him sober up from opioids and benzos. Both his parents are addicts and he got his first snort of meth by stealing from his mom. If the cops bust him and see that we've been texting (mostly about music, never drugs other than weed), can they search my home or question me or something?

I'm going to assume American. Those sheep just love allowing their government to divide and conquer them.
Prison state #1.

>what about all the legal meth doctors prescribe to people and kids? Adderal is an amphetamine. Kids on Adderal are quite literally addicted to amphetamines.
these doctors are contributing to the problem, getting kids addicted to amphetamine is the same as doctors getting adults addicted to vicodin.

>le dark side star wars meme
go back to rebbit

You likely won't be involved. They'll search for his dealers and offer him a plea deal to give up names.

But don't report him, dude. Getting him in legal trouble won't solve anything.

>But don't report him, dude. Getting him in legal trouble won't solve anything.
he got himself into legal trouble the moment he started abusing meth

This is in no way intended to be legal advice.
Police need a warrant to search the contents of his phone. He cannot be compelled to unlock his phone. He may be compelled to give up his thumbprint and unlock it that way. Here's to hoping he owns an old android or an iphone X (haven't answered on facial recognition unlock yet.) If they search his phone and find probable cause that you have recently committed a crime, are about to commit a crime, or are in possession of narcotics, they can get a search warrant. The question you'll have to ask yourself is: do you think they'd waste their time on you given the nature of your conversations? Believe it or not most cops aren't trying to bust random kids who haven't harmed anyone. They are looking for people who are causing harm. There's nothing fun, exciting, or proud about arresting a kid who is trying to be there for his friend.
That being said, I would 100% not communicate about your possession of drugs at all in text. And if they had a wiretap, they would be monitoring calls. Texts can be intercepted. iMessage cannot.
I'd keep going, but my recommendation is to always err on the side of caution.

i've had several friends die from overdoses, i cut contact with them when i got clean. part of me wishes i would have kept in touch even though it would have been hard for me to be around that.

Addiction has nothing to do with the substance of choice. It has to do with his mind. He can preoccupy himself with which substance he becomes attached to, but none of it will help cure his addictive behavior. The physical aspects of addiction are comparably easy to get over. It's the mental aspect that needs attention.
The more he fails at quitting the more hopeless he will feel. This idea that meth will help him become less of an addict is pure fiction and will only disappoint him more and lead him deeper into despair.

Heh I kno that feel but only by being of service to yourself first can you be there for others.
Im friends with Bill W... worked for me.

Yes. Before he starts stealing your shit for meth money

Get a group of people and beat him senseless, if you find out he's been using, beat him again