Hi guys...

Hi guys. I've been living in UK for 3 years now and either way I'm going fucking mental or I started realizing how many people are playing this "that's it" game. Show them you are nervous and they will start describing your every move. Well, maybe it's because I live in a city full of addicts and criminals... Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

you might be mental

Definitely mental.

my therapist says I'm just insecure and depressed.

for example today I was in the shop and a couple of alcoholics were behind me, talking to the man on the till. I had a feeling they are observing me and I "aggressively" dropped a coin into my wallet and she said "that's it" which made no sense in any other context. I have to start fucking recording it and analyze it later on.

>Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

...no sir

Ok I know I'm paranoid and I heard if one person is paranoid then the whole room gets paranoid. Fucking self-reinforcing loop of shit. How do I get out?

I've got no idea what the significance of "that's it" has for you. Am I missing something?

Ok let me explain. They are saying it to me that they spotted my "delusion of reference". Continue of that story is that I ignored it and remained calm and she said "yeah, you need to be careful".

Does this happen often?

Usually when I get stressed that someone might be talking about me and I make little but rapid movement with my head or put something down "aggressively".

and yeah, I'm tense as fuck most of the time. I'm aware of that and I do whatever I can to hide it.

Ok I get ya. Are you not from UK originally then?

No. Does it matter?

No. Just wondered if different language/behaviour of other people was adding to your problem.

i feel you Op. even though im not actually 100% percent sure what youre talking about. iim very insecure and self conscious and i always notice people looking at me. on one hand i know its because i look weird and tense, but also it really pisses me off. because some people just stare straight at me and dont say a word which is really fucking rude and irritating. i have nearly knocked many people out because of this. and yeah it makes you fucking aggravated when youre being watched like that because you know you have problems and you dont need people pointing them out. Anyone i tell this to just thinks im paranoid and thinks noone is actually looking at me and any doctor will say the same because they haven't experienced it for themselves and dont actually know shit. sometimes if im on public transport or something i swear i can hear people talking/ laughing about me.

a few times i was stoned on the bus, and when you're stoned you can hear things and tune into conversations you normally can't. and i heard some people talking about how i look and how stoned or whatever i look. then commenting on my clothes and things. that proved some of my suspicions and felt bad but at the same time atleast proved for me i wasn't going crazy and wasn't just "paranoid".

BUMP

You'e actually fucking mental mate, get fucking help.

how does that make him mental? seems pretty logical to me. the hint is there. why do you think she said "thats it" then. my bet is they probably were observing him and when he was getting aggravated they thought he was even more unstable. you dont know shit man.

Wtf are you on about? That's it OP I've had enough.

Yeah mate but she was having a discussion, there are many fucking reasons she could say those words. Not everyones out to fucking get you.

Yea, I’ve noticed a lot of people in the UK have the phrase “that’s it” in their vocab. they probably noticed him staring and acting paranoid, so when he freaked out or acted aggressively, when they said “that’s it”, it was just them confirming that OP isn’t all there. Like how we would say “that explains it” or “there you go”. Something like that.
So he’s probably hearing things right and isn’t completely crazy, it’s just a common phrase that just adds to his paranoia.

That's it.
Leave the country. You don't belong.
Outsider.
Leave.

I cant really get my head around this thread but OP, just chill the fuck out for Christ's sake.

Alright mate.

i know i know. but ive been on both ends of this and ive seen when people are talking about someone like that, they do it kind of lowkey so the person theyre talking about doesn't notice. and sometimes the person being talked about will get suspicious and agitated. but they wont come up and confront you because they dont actually have proof and dont want to look insane. to the person being talked about it could even sound like theyre just discussing something else because its only brief moments they actually make comments about the person. which again could be about anything or anyone unless you are in on the convo with them. it happens more than you might think.

yeah man, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You can sense when someone is "talking about you". What I mean by this is that the person talking is thinking about you and you can feel it. Try talking to someone while thinking about who's standing next to you, you will realize that it feels and sounds differently. Always wonder "what's their point"? If there is no point they are probably thinking about someone (projecting), I don't fucking know.

Mate you are fucking insane

Checked
But why would everybody be talking about you? Are you going around wearing a top hat or something?

what kind of ghetto shitehole you living in OP?

yeah thats what i guess. OP you just have to try and be calm and comfortable. because the more tense or nervous or self conscious you are, the more strange or unstable you might look, causing these things to happen. Some people are just assholes to though. alot of people make comments about strangers they see going past because they don't really care to. so if youre generally unattractive or weird or whatever you're gonna have a harder time. but thats the world we live in.

In all seriousness, you are showing some pretty classic symptoms of schizophrenia. Don't get too scared - it's more common than you think. However, you really should go to your GP and discuss this before it gets out of hand.

THIS
godspeed OP and take care friendo

Because I appear weak and they are letting their frustration out on me. Or they want to fuck me and they are trying to get my attention. Or just to scare me because they are bullies. Many reasons mate.

hey op disregard everyone else. Get the fuck out of the UK go to canada or america shit even china is better than the uk. everyone in the uk is fucked.

Fuck you.

stop fucking implying shit, ok? You know there is no way back from that? Do you want to make me even more scared and self-doubted? I've spoken to my GP and 5 different NHS therapists, they couldn't see any problem. I started a private therapy and the lady said I am able of critical thinking thus I'm not on the other side.

If you're dropping shit people are going to turn around, if you're acting awkward people are going to notice, but they aren't out to get you. They aren't trying to achieve anything.

It's probably just paranoia mate, nothing schizophrenic about it, it's a product of anxiety.

I am considering it. Do you live there? Could you help me with a start if I was willing to come?

Kek. Over to you mate.

It's not going to be any better mate.

i understand the feel you are talking about very much. it sucks because its behind your back and in more of a judgemental way and theres nothing you can do but sit there and be a stranger.
he is not insane. people do have these senses. I remember sitting in class in school, and i was observing this girl, (not sexually i was just bored and i do that sometimes) and the girl started looking around nervously and said "i feel eyes on me" Now anyone else would have thought shes crazy. But i knew she was right. so yeah

How the fuck is America or China better than the UK for someone who is mentally fragile. Or for anyone for that matter.

I am not implying anything. I am pointing out that what you are describing sounds like schizophrenia. I am not saying it to make you scared, and I am telling you to give you information that you can use to take steps to improve your life. It's good that you've seen your GP and therapists. Anyway, it's great that you're seeing a private therapist - it's important that you keep telling her what you feel you're experiencing. Just FYI, people with schizophrenia are also capable of critical thinking - it's not a disease of lunatics. Like I say, it's more common than you think, it's nothing to be scared of, and you can get treatment for it.

its funny how people cant fathom or believe these could possibly be reasons when in reality this happens alot. another reason could be because you may make them uncomfortable which causes them anger or irritation.

nope. it can be just how you generally look. its not about achieving or getting anything its just about that its happening. heres an example: im sitting by a shop on the street with a few friends. someone who may be a bit eccentric, a bit junky like or just a bit nervous comes past. my mates and me start talking about him. he gets kinda sus like he knows were talking about him. because of that, he gets frustrated and looks even more crazy and paranoid.

Now you people on Sup Forums are basically saying that man we were making fun of is crazy, and that we were never talking about him. well you're wrong.

yeah, that's too

you sound like my landlord and I just had a dejavu, double dejavu, triple lol yeah, I suppose I made a similar thread before and you were there. Possible?

and OP (in the context of position) is that man.

yeah healthy guys, I agree with you, people never talk about each other and never pick up on each other. We are just imagining it. The world is filled with love and all those paranoid losers just can't feel it.

I am definitely not your landlord, or any kind of landlord. I'm just reading what you're writing and I'm a bit worried about your mental health, so I'm giving you information to try to help you.

Reading this thread has made me anxious. Can we all calm down a bit?

Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia
It's becoming more and more common because people are more isolated and depressed these days

Either way, talk to your therapist about it and he'll realise you're mental as well as depressed

That's it

This is 100% paranoid schizophrenia

Just read through this thread and I've got to agree.

no it isn't schizophrenia. just because it "sounds like it" doesn't mean it is. and the more you put labels on people like that the more you view the person as just mentally ill, instead of seeing they are a person and have had many complex things happen to them over time to make them the way they are. if you want to help someone the last thing you do is just label them as mentally ill. because then you're never going to find the root or cause of the problem. Most doctors actually don't know shit when it comes to mental health because to know about someones actual mental state you pretty much have to know everything about them. Of course there are people who are just downright crazy but those people are are obvious anyway.

thanks doctor. How long have you been diagnosing people for?

Well you aren't going to talk about that to a random shop clerk are you? What I'm trying to convince OP is that no one is trying to get him, there's no plan and it isn't the place he's in this is fairly normal human behaviour (if a bit bellendy) and not something you need to be intensely concerned about. Don't encourage the cunt.

Get someone to help you talk with loads op real pepole about it and last but not laest for fuck sake stop your cannabis/drug use suggest u search ganstalking online

do you know how to read idiot? i actually know when people are talking about me and what not. that is reality. So you're saying i just imagined those words come out of peoples mouth? are you fucking retarded or just too arrogant to believe it happens?

Alright then cunt, ill make you look weird. then ill put you on the street, and when you're minding your own business and some people start talking about you and making fun of you and you dont like it ill call you crazy and say you have paranoid schizophrenia and none of thats actually happening.

you total fucking muppet.

then you're a dumbass muppet to. your assumptions come from lack of understanding or experience. Either way you dont even care, so shut the fuck up.

Sounds exactly like what someone with schizophrenia would say

They were not talking about it directly. You know words may have double meanings right?

schizophrenic

>just because it "sounds like it" doesn't mean it is
Granted, there's an incredibly tiny chance that you're actually one exceptional person amongst the billions in my country who somehow actually gets targeted by strangers in public and they have conversations about you despite there being literally no reason and this never happening to anyone else

But it's more likely you're accurately describing the symptoms of schizophrenia because you're mildly schizophrenic

You can pretend I'm shitting all over you or labelling you all you want, but when multiple people in the thread identify and say you might be schizophrenic and you get angry and defensive because you've been told that in the past, I think you're long past the point where you have to realise you're almost certainly simply schizophrenic

>Most doctors actually don't know shit when it comes to mental health
100% agree, but I've dealt with and moved on from long-term depression and I've seen the effects of schizophrenia first hand. I know what you're describing and it sounds like either the most extreme form of depression I've heard, or the latter. Simple as.

I'm not, I'm giving my opinion from the things those two people described, as anyone else would in a thread literally discussing that exact thing.

Stop getting butthurt and defensive and start analysing things from an outsiders perspective, you'll at least get somewhere you can understand the problem from

That's it

Op knows noones out to get him ffs! he knows theres no "plan" wtf are you even talking about. You clearly have no idea whats going on and just want to pass it off as mental illness because of your lack of understanding. Im not encouraging anything what a stupid ignorant thing to say.

thats why we call take smack and coke

no mate that proves that you fucking ARE crazy. They are talking about things you expect them to talk about.

I have this to the mildest degree and I can identify when its happening. Your brain fills in the gaps.

Are you an African or Arab refugee who fled a war? Maybe you have PTSD. Or maybe everyone really is talking shit about you because everyone hates sand niggers.

you are projecting so hard you are probably schizophrenic yourself. Yeah, I'm 100% sure of that. How does that feel huh?

>So you're saying i just imagined those words come out of peoples mouth?
That's not typically what happens with schizophrenia, though auditory hallucination is a common symptom in many cases

The double meaning feeling and anxiety/paranoia are more common

>are you fucking retarded or just too arrogant to believe it happens?
No, like I said, there's always an incredibly small chance you're describing reality objectively, it's just very very unlikely.

The fact you're getting upset and defensive and angry is, you guessed it, a symptom of schizophrenia

Or OP is the only white boy left in Birmingham now

Is my friend Luke in this thread?
I hope he's ok

Although I'll concede this is Sup Forums where acting angry and defensive is pretty much par for the course

Feels like you put too much effort into a shitty come back

were talking about Op here not me. no i have never been labelled schizophrenic or had anything like that. what im saying is ive talked to alot of people who are apparently mentally ill. and if you just get to know some of them and their story you realize that alot of them are perfectly logical rational thinking people. And yes it pisses me off when some Sup Forums users just label it as schizophrenia because they are not entirely correct and doing that makes people think of the person with the problem in a different way and doesn't actually help them.

no because i am minding my own business not thinking about anything related to anything like that.

Said fucking nothing about it being a mental illness. He's saying shit like "the 'that's it' game" and claiming this is freaking him out so much he wants to move, clearly he's feeling quite paranoid about this.

has anybody ever said something very personal?
Almost something that only you could know?

>what im saying is ive talked to alot of people who are apparently mentally ill. and if you just get to know some of them and their story you realize that alot of them are perfectly logical rational thinking people
Likewise, and agreed 100%
Unfortunately irrational thinking is pretty much what paranoia means

>because they are not entirely correct and doing that makes people think of the person with the problem in a different way and doesn't actually help them.
The flip side to that is that they can actually analyse and understand that what they've been dealing with and make conscious choices to deal with it. Not labelling yourself, not admitting you have problems, issues or something that literally millions of people deal with doesn't make you not have a label, it makes you an arsehole who's avoiding their problems.

Yes, society stigmatises and outcasts the different, and the health service does too at times. None of that means you should avoid labels and seek help accordingly or at the very least use it to make informed choices

yeah i dont hallucinate kek

and this is the point, none of you believe this happens. you people live in a bubble. this happens everyday to tons of people. You people label it is schizophrenia because you dont know reality and that people always talk shit about strangers behind their back.

unless you mean personal about how i look or dress then no.

well i agree with you very much on this post. Real problems must be addressed.

Or maybe he is just sick of people implying shit about him? From what I've read auditory hallucinations are the most common symptom, so you are wrong. Also schizophrenia is a "latent" illness and is hard to spot, yet you made a diagnosis after reading few posts. You are wrong again. You are one of those people who just want to sound smart and think they know shit. You are not here to help, I don't feel like it. All you do is accuse.

this to.
this person is just trying to win an argument kek

I'm just calling ironically calling it a game and I want to move because I have no perspectives here. Man, you assume so much you probably have schizophrenia.

That's it

Then I'll drop out, I have no dog in the race

The fact you think it's an argument at all shows your mentality more than I would ever hope to

'that's it' is what bongs say before they commit some act of violence.
>"that's it"

98% of UK citizens have mental and emotional disabilities that strongly affect their ability to interact with others in various social situations, some to the point of being borderline retarded. You're definitely not the first person to notice this common British character trait.

That's why I choose to live in the USA, where only 97.8% of people have mental and emotional disabilities.

no, it doesn't. notice how i said win "an" argument.
im not trying to argue, you are.

everything is an argument man. Every time someone says something to you, you need to think whether it is true or not. Yeah I know I'm pushing it but I feel like I'm on to something. I am on the mission of finding the cosmic sense of life and I am gathering opinions. Something like that.

Sounds like OCD mate, the phrase that you are hearing is likely a coloquial phrase used most in whatever city you're in.

Britain is different from the rest of the world, neighbouring towns have different accents, what city are you in?

man, that's a cool joke but you need to tell me if you made that up.

It's not just you OP. It's shit like this that made us overthrow England.

Crewe

yeah, I have OCD and yeah, I know I am oversensitive. It's not like it's always about me but it coincidentally happens very often just when I make some nervous move.

>It's shit like this that made us overthrow England.
Are you the Normans?