Real weird horror movie I'm trying to make

kickstarter.com/projects/followtheleadermovie/follow-the-leader

After a brutal car crash, three business partners wake up in an abandoned 90s mall having each lost one of their senses (sight, hearing, speech). Trapped inside by a terrible blizzard, they soon realize they’re being hunted. As they struggle to survive, they must learn to communicate, to trust each other, and decide whether they even should. Throughout the movie, the camera enters the perspectives of our characters as they explore, stripping the audience of that sense, and taking them on a ride as the story unfolds.

With Follow The Leader, we're going for something fresh. We love horror movies, but honestly, sometimes we feel like we've seen them all. We as filmmakers are trying to strip back the voyeuristic nature of the horror film and place the audience behind the eyes of the characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

gregsmallwood.tumblr.com
vimeo.com/153329668
youtube.com/watch?v=CMIbqxSdYHA
indiewire.com/2016/11/project-of-the-day-follow-the-leader-1201742280/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(concept art by Marvel artist Greg Smallwood gregsmallwood.tumblr.com )

Post it on Reddit.

Seriously.

I don't have enough """karma""" to be taken seriously.

you don't need karma, just appeal to their sensibilities.

So like.......make it related to Dr. Who and Community?

The acting seems like crap, but it is a very good interesting idea.

>www.reddit.com

it's just test/concept footage

Make it very clear those actors aren't gonna be in the movie, and that it's just test/concept footage.

Good luck with your project senpai. I'll wait for the torrent on piratebay.

Do you have enough test footage to throw together a real trailer? I wouldn't donate to a kickstarter if I don't even know how amateurish your end product will be. A trailer could take away those fears. Those few seconds of test footage aren't really showcasing your skills.

im a composer for film/tv done some stuff thats on netflix, but i havent done a horror yet and id love to, id be willing to go pro bono (depending on the timeline)

is this something youd be interested in?

>Enter the perspective of the blind man
>black screen

I understand where you're coming from. We did edit in text at 24 seconds in (bottom right corner) that says "test footage."

It'd tricky because we didn't want a big TEST FOOTAGE graphic to show up and take people out of their viewing experience. It's a tricky line to walk

Yeah that's retarded. Maybe if I could feel what he felt it would be neat but no it's a fucking black screen. I hope you get accosted by a pack of animals.

Is that you in the meet and greet?
I'm 3 minutes in and so far you haven't realized it's actually recording you. It's pretty hilarious.

Torrent away.
Here below is a project our team made in 48 days a few years ago. We've all gotten even better since then

vimeo.com/153329668

hit up the email on the website followtheleaderfeature.com if you are interested, we are in talks with composers now.

oh we got way crazier stuff than that in mind

that test footage is kinda low quality and shit but its a interesting idea if handled correctly

Ditch the idea where you enter their perspectives.

Like this guy said. Just make it suspenseful and shit with no gimmicks pls.

>speech
>stripping the audience of that sense

Not sure if need to point out
>speech
>audience
or
>speech
>sense

have a writing partner i will show this to and hit you up

never change Sup Forums

yeah i'd never done one before haha

we only had a morning to shoot in that location, we plan on shooting with an Alexa Mini

>sight and sound being the only senses used when experiencing films
>three protags
hmmm

it is a gimmick, we aren't shying away from that. But it won't be in any perspective for longer than a minute.

Yes, you go into the character who can't speak. But yeah, we have a freaky scenario in mind for the feature where you'll wish he could say something.

go for it

We have a plan, I understand your suspicion about the mute guy. Trust me. We've talked MOST about his first person scenes.

You have any previous experience in film/tv?

Looks interesting and I hope you meet your goals.

Just make sure you market it elsewhere, because Sup Forums ain't gonna give you shit.

Not OP, but I think gimmicks like this make sense for micro-budget movies. How else are you gonna set yourself apart from other movies? Quality of a film doesn't get you noticed because plebs can't even tell a good film from garbage, so they won't give good word of mouth for your film even if it's a masterpiece. A gimmick like that can work in your favour in that people talk to their friends about 'that movie I saw where you switch perspective with people who miss different senses. it's totally rad dude'. Blair Witch Project, Memento, Paranormal Activity, Run Lola Run are all gimmicky, but it helped them to success.

Yes. The team just finished their first feature, Goodland, here is the trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMIbqxSdYHA

This is the first feature length film my brother and I are directing though, with the same team. I posted a link to a vimeo short we made a few comments ago.

This is our first feature, but far from our first time behind the camera. Gotta start somewhere.

>See No Evil Hear No Evil but with monsters

Sounds pretty weak. And speech isn't a sense. And the gimmick of making the audience lose a sense as the characters do is simultaneously incredibly limited in a purely audiovisual medium and it's not something fresh or new, ultimately not interesting enough of an idea to bare mentioning and has no relevance to whether or not the film will be voyeuristic.

The film may well turn out to be amazing but you've not said anything to convince me it might be, and crowdfunding is cancerous by very nature. As others have said if you want funding go to a place that is more gullible.

Refer to global rule 11 also.

Thank you. Yeah, word of mouth is going to be huge for us. We are hitting so many different forums and websites and newspapers to get the word out. It's just tough, because we're just a tiny signal in the loud loud noise of kickstarter.

We are the IndieWire project of the day though, so that's cool.

indiewire.com/2016/11/project-of-the-day-follow-the-leader-1201742280/

Speech isn't a sense, yeah. It's just marketing.

And yeah the idea isn't fresh or new, but all of it in ONE movie is new. Crowdsourcing isn't our ideal venture, sure, but we're actively talking to and pursuing investors and producers and definitely getting some good response.

concept art looks kino and you won't make it justice

It's a sign of how bad stealth marketing has become that when someone comes and blatantly advertises begging for money no-one bats an eye.

it seems more interesting than capeshit and reboots

It's not stealth marketing retard, it's actual marketing. At least he's being upfront about it instead of pretending to be some random user who just """""discovered"""""" it.

im not even trying to be stealthy. I'm like right here talking about it.

Do neither of you understand what the term blatantly means?

thank you, exactly.

I actually learned about vaporwave on Sup Forums a few years ago and we're going to work some vaporwave-like music diagetically into scenes (like the music has been looping on the mall speakers for years and has become distorted because of it.)

honestly sounds pretty cool op. not sure about the pov scenes but if you can make em work then more power to you. I'll keep an eye on this.

>At least he's being upfront about it instead of pretending to be some random user who just """""discovered"""""" it.
And that's exactly what that post says. People are so sick of stealth marketing that when someone comes along and advertises without pretence not only are people fine with it they actively jump like bitches on command to defend it. Learn to read, retard.

I contributed 10 bucks. Good luck OP.

Just watched the test footage. How come the deaf guy can carry on a conversation with the blind guy if he can't hear him? Unless he can lip read, seems like a pretty big oversight.

I love you. Thanks!

Here's our concept shoot for the movie poster.

Good luck OP.

I might chip in a few bucks on Friday, I get paid then.

Yeah, we understand that's a bit weird. He's lip reading a bit.

It's worked out better in the movie script, we had to fudge it a bit to make the kickstarter video short enough. In the movie the mute guy writes on a piece of paper.

You do realize that blatantly stealthy is an oxymoron, right moron?

If it matters to any of you, so far I've gotten a much better response from Sup Forums than imgur

No-one is calling it blatantly stealthy you illiterate dipshit. The stealth marketing referenced and the blatant advertising going on in this thread are clearly defined as two separate things.

I will donate 150 dollars for every racial slur used in the movie.

We're going to have a pretty cool arcade scene that's kind of like the velociraptor kitchen scene in Jurassic Park

is "cracker" good enough?

OP, your attempts at promotion are not thinking out of the box. I'll teach you how it's done. Watch this:

>pov
>in a film

are you making a video game movie?

kek

This is just a rip off

>senses
>speech

Hold up son.

Actually a pretty neat idea OP, your other stuff looks pretty well made to.
The idea is only 1% of the work though.

I would donate, but seeing as I pushed through like 2 years of misery holding a team together without resorting to kickstarter for our gamedev shit I think you should feel my pain and I hope your kickstarter fails.

Good luck with the movie though, I think it will be neat.