Help me Sup Forums

Help me Sup Forums
I have nothing to watch and i came across this, but i'm still on the beginning of Infinite Jest. Will this spoil me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, it's not really about the book. I liked this movie.

no spoilers for IJ

you're good to go user

>lent my copy of Infinite Jest to a friend at college before finishing it
>he moved away and never gave it back
>pretty sure he never read it and just uses it as decoration on his bookshelf

is infinite jest a meme or should i read it

Both. It's become a meme, its hype might exceed its quality, but it's actually pretty good

It was better than I expected

It's really good

You can download most books on irc.

Irchighway is a good network for that. Channel is #ebooks or #bookz. You just write @search or @find followed by what you're looking for into the channel. Then a bot that has that book will message you back. You just /DCC get the link it gives you.

xchat is a good, free, easy to use irc client.

Not about IJ. It's a pretty terrible movie though because of how cringe-inducing Jesse Eisenberg is. I'm always surprised that he seems to be getting worse with each performance he mangles. Segal isn't nowhere near as bad, but he isn't good either.
Watch interviews and stuff on youtube instead, don't waste your time with this.

It's a meme but it's a really damn fine meme. If you're just getting into DFW i'd begin with his short stories and essays.

I read the first 40 pages yesterday and it felt like a pretty good meme, like DUDE WEED but actually good

Having read the book, one would understand more about the film's subject matter in regard to Mr. Wallace. I'd wait til you finished the book OP. Makes it more personal and infinite jests themes relate to the film's anyway

I didn't think infinite jest a masterpiece or whatever, but I loved DFW afterwards so yeah

why would you lend someone a book you were in the middle of?

How much of this movie is bullshit?

My brother is depressed and often talks about how he identifies with DFW as depicted in this movie, particularly the scene where he wakes up Eisenberg and talks to him about his problem.

He has never read Infinite Jest or anything by DFW and is just focused on this movie, is it an accurate telling?

Because I had dropped it for the forseeable future but counted on getting it back.

I was like ~400 pages in and got caught up in school work and other distractions and hadn't picked it up for 2 months when he asked to borrow it. I figured he'd be getting more use out of it than me for the time being.

I'm gonna sound like a faggot, but that scene perfectly articulated the way I feel sometimes, and I cried a little bit.

I genuinely appreciate the advice, but I much prefer reading physical copies.

It has nothing to do with IJ. its about the book tour.
I fucking hate heisenberg though. is there a single time where he didn't try to get laid in a flick?
I wished DFW clocked him

That movie is boring shit.

What are some essential DFW speeches/interviews?

I'll start with this one
youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI

>watching Broken Arrow at the Mall
why was DFW such a pleb?

user, the film is hit-or-miss. I feel like you could get a better emotional experience in another movie, but I liked it and you could, too.

>DFW is probably the best possible version of what, I, as an individual could achieve if I focused all my energy and talent towards my life
>even he killed himself anyway