Is this city good for anything sportswise?

Is this city good for anything sportswise?

Tell me, all you masochists who invest your hopes and wishes into any single sports organization based in/associated with this city.................. Why?

The problem with DC sports is that there are just so many transplants that we never get invested in the "local" sports teams. I've seen more Cowboys/Eagles gear than Redskins gear, more Bulls gear than Wizards gear, etc. .

This city was specifically designed to have 0 identity, and god damn did it work out beautifully. I can't imagine having any sort of pride in DC, the city that exists purely as a political compromise and as a place for lawyers to play, arabs/asians to lobby, and black people to get shot.

is DC good for anything anythingwise?

I mean, besides screwing over the entire rest of the USA for personal gain?

DC is literally good for 3 reasons

1. It was part of a compromise orchestrated by Alexander Hamilton, where he agreed to put a capital in the South in exchange for southern states agreeing to shared national debt

2. It gives us a neutral ground to house our government, embassies, and annoying lobbyists

3. Amazing cherry blossoms in the spring

you can thank japan for the 3rd one. D.C. didn't do anything but have the right climate

>Walgreens

>The problem with DC sports is that there are just so many transplants that we never get invested in the "local" sports teams.

Maximum kek, as in NYC the problem is that all the cancerous transplants unironically act as if they've been lifelong fans of our local teams (even when half of NY teams are shit, indicating just how bad the bandwagoning is)

>the city that exists purely as a political compromise and as a place for lawyers to play, arabs/asians to lobby, and black people to get shot.

New York has a huge-ass statue basically saying "welcome, this is your home now". Not the same as DC, which is a playground for the rich west of the Anacostia River and basically The Hunger Games west of it.

Wizards dynasty coming soon.

Cap this

This even for home games against GSW there were more fans for the away team than home fans

It's a shithole and only crackheads and young people live here
t. lives there

>black people to get shot

At least something good happens there

Ben's Chili Bowl

This is karma for the Redskins owner continually blocking an NFL expansion in to Dallas to keep a monopoly in the south.

Now the Cowboys are America's team and the Redskins are a joke.

We also stole the Senators from you and renamed them the Rangers, but that was a double edged sword.

There are also tons of beautiful young women there. Great transit too.

trump will make washington dc great again now that he's living there

Nah he doesn't give a fuck, he takes flights every week to stay at his own resort on the taxpayers dime

Do you really think president cheeto dumbfuck gives a shit about that nigger infested city

>Trump
>living in the White House

oh I actually forgot about that

does he still spend every weekend by playing golf in florida?

well, he does care about chicago

he wanted to send in the army to save the city at one point I think

>he wanted to send in the army to save the city at one point I think

It was the National Guard, also

>save the city

More like save the handful of shithole neighborhoods in the southwest, the city as a whole is fine. If you go by murder rates it's nowhere near as bad as DC/Detroit/New Orleans/etc.

That's the thing about Chicago, the city has a nationally notorious murder rate all because of a select few neighborhoods in the south. Exclude them from any crime-rate assessment and suddenly Chicago looks like a really fucking safe place statistically. Shows you just how incredibly concentrated it is.

Is there somewhere in USA, where only soccer is the most popular sport and where the Major League Soccer (MLS) is the only dominant professional sport league?

Oh this question again, for the 30,000,000,000,000th time.

>Is there somewhere in USA, where only soccer is the most popular sport and where the Major League Soccer (MLS) is the only dominant professional sport league
Not really. Any City that's populous enough to have a MLS team probably already has another more popular NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB team. The closest we can get to this is """"""""""""""""""""""""""""Real""""""""""""""""""""""""" Salt Lake, but even then they are eclipsed by Utah Jazz, and Utah is the one of the last places in America where soccer would find popularity