The progressive Star Wars diversity train is at full steam! Only a couple of years after Chuck "The Cuck" Wendig...

The progressive Star Wars diversity train is at full steam! Only a couple of years after Chuck "The Cuck" Wendig introduced the first openly gay Star Wars character in his novel Aftermath, we now have a special snowflake transgender pirate who used Zhe and Zher pronouns and steals a Super Star Destroyer like it a piece of cake.
So far Disney are just testing this stuff out in books, but I imagine we'll be seeing more of it in the endless supply of Star Wars movie spinoffs and sequels they have planned.

Feels so good to know that we're on the right side of history. What a time to be alive in current year!

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s12UPgt8e15U
youtube.com/watch?v=ahA9S-f2Vlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is incredibly awkward even to read. Imagine actors trying to say this stuff.

Is Luuuke still canon?

>who used Zhe and Zher pronouns
They're not trying to be subtle at all holy hell LEterally Xe and Xer

Are breasts canon or legends?

Wait is it talking about more than one character? Why would one person switch between personal pronouns. This is just shitty writing and only confuses the reader.

I can't wait to be bombarded with shitty Star Wars shit for the coming 50 years.

Fuck George Lucas. He should've just let his shitty franchise die a peaceful fucking death.

They haven't appeared in the films so they're Legends only

He was so sick of getting harassed by fans that he sold it to someone worse that will forever disassociate himself from the series. He got the last laugh Sup Forums

Here's an actual excerpt from the audiobook.

vocaroo.com/i/s12UPgt8e15U

Wasn't there a nip slip on the slave who gets eaten by the Rancor in pre-SE Jedi?

So is the pirate a guy or a girl?

There's also this urge of SJWs to try to get people to call them "they". I mean wtf? We don't even call our royalty "they" anymore.

they gave the writing job to some dipshit who rants about homophobia online? And it's fucking pathetic that the nicest thing people could say about his book is that it is "inclusive"

Zhe. Looking for revenge on those who betrayed Zher.

It is pretty genius, he will end up winning in the end because people will end up hating more and more what disney is doing.

Does the pirate have a penis or vagina

the way it is actually pronounced says worse than I had it in my head

what a fucking embarrassment these people are

The emphasis that's put on that stupi dfucking pronoun is fairly annoying.

First I've heard of it. I'll do some research later

> sci-fi fantasy book dealing with alien species and alien technology
> whine about a transgender character

Please. Science fiction and fantasy novels are perfectly fitting places for characters that don't fit into traditional human genders.

>He pauses for every second before saying one of those made up words.

>the first openly gay Star Wars character
OT beat them to it.

>Eleodie looks over at her second
>her
>Shi Shu, his spendly fingers
>his
Whats the problem OP?
Are you triggered by things being not how you like them?
Do you need some time in a safe space where everything conforms to your desires?

WOW.

This piece of human reddit-encrusted filth is a New York Times bestseller.

I'm going to kill myself

>no Aayla Secura sex doll with a thick veiny cock and a qtp2t boipussy

why live

>Science fiction and fantasy novels are perfectly fitting places for characters that don't fit into traditional human genders.

itt illiterate retards that don't realize that alternate genders and sex are common themes in science fiction and fantasy

Why the fuck didn't I immediately post that image?

Yes, but Heinlein was writing interesting stories and settings. Not trying to shove their personal down people's throats.

Cuck Wendig really is the writer Star Wars deserves right now.

I'd hate to see your reaction OP to reading real Science Fiction and not media tie in junk

Meteor's coming, shitlord.

GET OVER IT

Except for the fact that this is a literal contemporary culture issue that is shoehorned into a sci-fi series to push an agenda. Were it some fictional novelty of an idea that doesn't pervade everyday life, it would be different

That was then and this is now. This stuff is being aggressively pushed for political reasons and people on the wrong side of history can expect slander, loss of employment, harassment, physical assault and bomb threats.

If the character is an alien with a different concept of gender and thus different pronouns, there's nothing wrong with this.

One of the best Sci-Fi authors of all time Isaac Asimov, did this with an alien species with 3 genders.

What a punchable fucking cuck face. I don't even use that insult but it's like it was made for him. The face of the angry modern lib.

Fucking hell. How can this be real?

Hey. We don't serve your kind here. Go to the droid bar down the street.

why don't you read some actual literature then you disgusting man children?

WHY DID THEY BETRAY CHER?

If you can't understand the glaring difference between constructed sci-fi tropes and this piece of shit sjw propoganda slathered with the Star Wars logo, you are too stupid to post

It's a common trope used by many many SF and fantasy authors.

If you are whining about it being used here, you are an illiterate retard trying to push YOUR political agenda.

>not trying to shove their personal down peoples throats
I will ignore the ungramatical nature of this statement, and simply point out that Heinleins books were full of his personal opinions to the point of overwhelming the story.
Jubal Hawshaw in Stranger IS Heinlein
Harsh Mistress represents his political views
Starship Troopers his views on the Cold War
and so on

Protip: dont try to lie about something you dont know anything about

Another thing, as much of a rightwing asshole as he could be he could also be a very caring and supportive man, he helped PKD out a lot with medical expenses and bills and a typewriter
I cant imagine the puppies or their internet sycophants like you doing that

>latino man
>in a different galaxy

>vocaroo.com/i/s12UPgt8e15U

There's no way he didn't write "she" and "her" throughout, followed by the replace word function.

But modern day leftists are such caring and nice people, right.

There's a difference. Could the character be any other gender and not change anything? If yes then it offers nothing to the story, setting, or character development and is solely for pandering.

>Stop being the Empire. Join the Rebel Alliance
One of the relatively recent canon novels had a (presumably) open lesbian Moff, (though there was one line that indicated she had a female lover), by the name of Moff Mors, (more like Mor Muff, am I right?). So fuck him for assuming there was anything regressive about the Empire, (except of course almost entirely excluding aliens, but that's not so much regression, but common sense).

Sex has been in SF since Philip Jose Farmer wrote The Lovers in 1952
Intersex characters have been in SF since the 1960s, The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin is in Harold Blooms definitive Western Cannon

But I wouldn't expect you to know those people or those works

So this is how Star Wars dies...

>poe
>protagonist
It's like Episode I all over again.

who is the one angry on the internet
spinning delusions of persecution and vast plots
and using this to rationalise their hatred and violence and efforts to disenfranchise anyone different

>Ur a shitty person for disagreeing with me.
ok

Why does including female characters in fiction require such laborate reasons?

Leftists.

You sound pretty mad bro. Just expressing a different opinion.

>sjw propaganda
You know you're just as bad with tossing labels on shit as the SJWs, right?

Look, there is a whole other issue of SF and fantasy being hijacked by movie tie in novels like this. And I say that as someone who grew up reading Star Wars and Star Trek novels.

Yet to pretend that transgender and social progressive ideas are anything new to sci fi novels or media is fucking ignorant. This shit has been in many sci fi books for ages. It should be no surprise that it is in a Star Wars novel.

Star Wars isn't some safe space for special snowflake conservatives.

You know, even if Star Wars is a rather anti-government right wing story compared to leftie utopia Star Trek. It's funny. I'm more right of center but I like Trek better.

>You're the empire

It was more fun to be a part of the empire.

>Yet to pretend that transgender and social progressive ideas are anything new to sci fi novels or media is fucking ignorant. This shit has been in many sci fi books for ages. It should be no surprise that it is in a Star Wars novel.
This is utterly disingenuous.

>I dont like shoehorning personal politics into the works
>but that author did it all the time
>>Ur a shitty person for disagreeing with me.
get a brain moran

>compared to leftie utopia Star Trek.

Daily reminder

Its pretty interesting. A lot of the newer media really downplays the Empire's racism. Like having aliens in almost all stations. Like I remember when Thrawn was a big deal mary sue because he was an alien.

>writing a book length green text SJW dystonia story
Holy shit, I want to read this.

>the gist of everyones arguments

Please. We all know the Death Star was an inside job. Stop believing the Sith lies. Did you know the rebel who fired the shot that blew up the Death Star was possibly related to Lord Vader? Check out the Hoth tapes that WookieLeaks leaked. #DeathStarTruth

oh my god how pretentious, LeGuin and Lem are two of my favorite authors. That doesn't prevent me from seeing the marked difference between organic worldbuilding (like they do) and liberal pandering and placation that is secondary to legitimate science fiction storytelling and serves primarily as a contemporary lens to endorse a political agenda. Learn some fucking hermeneutics you absolute pleb

That's only because Darth and Sheev need to be redeemable characters to sell toys.

Racism is the only irredeemable quality in 2016.

>mfw Ahsoka almost got LEZZED in the new book

My dick was quite pleased that evening

it's also on sale for 1 dollar until midnight tonight

>This is utterly disingenuous.
No its not. Its been in SF since the 60s

Really makes you think.

just a prank bro calm down.

>You know, even if Star Wars is a rather anti-government right wing story compared to leftie utopia Star Trek. It's funny. I'm more right of center but I like Trek better.
Because regardless of your political beliefs, Star Trek is superior to the mindless pew pew action of Star Wars.

It's actually free, which is about what I would have wanted to pay for it.

>>mfw Ahsoka almost got LEZZED in the new book

By a woman of color, no less!

>oh wow guys he's browsed /lit/ a couple times, watch out

Again: that was then and this is now. Things are not the same. That's why you're being disingenuous, acting like there's no difference between old SF and modern day political extremism.

Yeah. DS9 added a good deal of deconstruction and grit to Roddenberry's shiny utopia.

If tech allows people to switch sexes/genders, cool fine, whatever. Its the whole pushing of the retarded as fuck made up pronouns that needs to fucking die. Cause really, this is propaganda trying really hard to normalize those stupid fuckstain words.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahA9S-f2Vlg

>This is utterly disingenuous.
>1969
>Hugo (Novel, 1970)
>Nebula (Novel, 1969)
>Locus 1998 Poll, All-Time Best SF Novel Before 1990 (3)
>ISFDB Top 100 Books - Critical List (33)
>ISFDB Top 100 Books - Popular List (13)
>Harold Blooms Western Cannon
>1969
>Intersex characters
>Gender Neutral pronouns
>utterly disingenuous

I could see if people were really arguing about how cheaply it is presented, but most of it is people arguing that there are alt gender characters at all in Star Wars. They act like such a topic should be off limits in their conservanerd safe space.

>you're the empire, man
If I gather 5 bucks from each of you, we can hire a hitman. Any takers?

shit you're a regular Alfred Einstein dude!

See And then stop being disingenuous.

Wait, never mind. I was looking at the Kindle Unlimited price.

The racism was constructed in the West End Games RPG material
They deepened the passing similarity with the Nazis to deep parallels
The 90s book authors were given the WEG material to use for background so they expanded it

Isn't she herself already a person of color?

You forgot Marge Piercy's Woman out of Time and Joanne Russell's the Female Man.

>muh worldbuilding
>political agenda
stop it please

You're a fucking moron, my friend. You don't know what you're talking about, and repeating the word "disingenuous" over and over won't change that 'm 'fraid.

Poor Lucas. All the money in the world can't protect him from what his creation has become.

under this rationalisation an author is not allowed to write whatever they want because you have constructed a framework whereby everything is motivated by higher agendas that you alone can perceive buried within the works subtext

Glad this stupid SJW shit doesn't in Tarkin. He would shut that shit down so fast

I know exactly what I'm talking about you fucking shill.

>implying sci-fi never makes up retarded as fuck words all the time
I don't grok that. Frak the frell off.

>that was then and this is now. Things are not the same
>acting like there's no difference between old SF and modern day political extremism.
>if you write things I dont like its a conspiracy

You obviously can't separate the two.

Fuckin rekt.com/btfo

>there can be only one book with intersex
>anything else is pushing an agenda that is part of a vast plot by der librusl to undermine western civilization and bring about a new dark age

>being this disingenuous