Hacksaw Ridge: pre-screening (Just saw it)

Just saw a free showing of Hacksaw Ridge a few days before it came out.

Ask me shit if you want spoilers. It was pretty good, has Mel Gibson all over the damn thing. The Christian symbolism was not lost on the entire theater.

I dont like Mel Gibson, Andrew Garfield, or war movies

Will I enjoy this?

Just saw Lalaland.

Hacksaw was also running beside

I will tell you

Lalaland will win all the oscars.

Your movie was also good OP

but second best only

You sound like the worst kind of person, how can you dislike Andrew Garfield?

Lalaland looks like some 50's era nostalgia bait love story bullshit though.

>Will I enjoy this?
I honestly don't know? Why are you here then? The message (while a little hypocritical at times) is fairly strong.

Based Mel.

What war kino is it close to? The Pacific? Flags of Our Fathers? Thin Red Line?

Is it as cheesy as the trailer suggests?

We were soldiers

>What war kino is it close to?
Absofuckinglutely it was. The sound design was something else, user. The sound design alone was pure kino. The entire end sequence was reminiscent of the D-Day Saving Private Ryan opening.
>The Pacific? Flags of Our Fathers? Thin Red Line?
It is not better than these movies, mostly because the first half of the film is exceptionally hamfisted with the message of the "good ol' christian boy dindu nuffin". The last hour is fucking great though.

It deserves an Oscar for sound design or cinematography.

No, just the love story and the cliche first half are cheesy.

BUMP if anyone is interested.

I'm surprised I'm not getting a lot of discussion on a movie that has had this much fucking attention on here already.

bump

How accurate are the guns and shit?

Would /k/ be triggered?

>How accurate are the guns and shit?
From what I know of the period, passable. The gun sounds are played up for obvious effect. I don't know enough about WWII guns to tell you completely. They seemed fine

That is precisely why those oldfags in the Academy will give it all the Oscars.

>get ready to ship out to Hacksaw Based On The Incredible True Story Ridge, soldiers!

really? -_-

I expect it will be very good but I don't want to spoil it

-_-ㅗ

Do you feel confident enough that this may win an Oscar?

What is the complaint here?

MEL IS BACK BITCHES!!!!

Yes. I think it will win at least 2. Or some minor Oscar at least. It will def be nominated Best Picture.

>said spiderman should be gay, even though he has nothing to do with who the character is
>in a shitty music video, playing a tranny
>punchable face

yeah no one has a reason to hate that clown

I don't understand what that has to do with his acting ability. His opinions about a fictional capeshit character shouldn't trigger you, user...

At least La-La Land has the audacity to be a musical in 2016, this is just the same gritty war shit we've seen a trillion times since Saving Private Ryan. "40s era greatest generation nostalgia bait heroic warfare bullshit"

Honto ni? -_-

>if ANY interpretation of Spiderman is gay
>despite an actual comic version of him being bisexual
>this upsets me
>therefore I don't like the actor

>this is just the same gritty war shit we've seen a trillion times since Saving Private Ryan
It really isn't that completely. Sure it's a gritty war movie, but not many do it RIGHT. Or capture the atmosphere without being holier than thou.
>"40s era greatest generation nostalgia bait heroic warfare bullshit"
user, there are maybe like three really good WWII era warfare blockbusters that are great...

I'm not saying anything about quality, but you're dismissing one movie for looking cliche while this is maybe the most done to death style of movie ever

>the most done to death style of movie ever
Hollywood has a literal back catalogue of perhaps 100 films like Lalaland from the 1950s to now.

I haven't really seen a war film of this quality with a pacifist spin on it, about a guy who doesn't kill a single fuck. That's interesting to me. It really isn't a story I thought would work in this "gritty war" setting. But it does.

>doesnt pick on him for not liking a great director and probably the film genre with the highest amount of quality films in it
>goes to defend fucking Andrew Garfield

|-| 3 1_ 1_ 0 ® 3 |) |) 1+

I never implied it had to do with his acting ability.

I just don't like actors who inject their personal politics in everyone's face.
Like as if becoming an actor makes you an expert on all things topical.

>the film genre with the highest amount of quality films in it
I don't know who told you that...

>I just don't like actors who inject their personal politics in everyone's face.
But he's not. You are hearing a story, from one person who heard it from another person who was involved in the private conversation with Andrew Garfield. Then they made it an article.

You are literally not connected to it in the slightest. You need to have some really sensitive beliefs if they are threatened so easily, by people you've never fucking met.

bump for warkino
bump for melkino

except I had no choice in hearing it.
I saw it posted on here.

You seem like the sensitive one here, considering you're upset I don't like someone, even though I've given valid reasons.

God forbid I don't follow the Garfield love train.

>except I had no choice in hearing it.
Are you autistic? You don't have to read things. Nobody forces you to know something or even care.
>You seem like the sensitive one here
I don't complain that actor's say something that hurt me fee fees, user
>even though I've given valid reasons.
I don't know what world you exist in, but those reasons are not "valid", they are just spergy
>God forbid I don't follow the Garfield love train.
I don't give a shit who you like, but disliking an actor, as a person, because he said some offhand fucking thing about a fictional character that isn't real sounds pretty sensitive to me. So much so, that you have to alert everyone in this thread just how much it bothers you.

>Are you autistic? You don't have to read things. Nobody forces you to know something or even care.
I was already reading a post.
I'm not gonna cut halfway thru because it's something I may not want to hear.
Are you some sort of autist who stops reading things as soon as they warp into something you don't like?

>I don't complain that actor's say something that hurt me fee fees, user
But you're complaining because I have an opinion.

> because he said some offhand fucking thing about a fictional character that isn't real sounds pretty sensitive to me. So much so, that you have to alert everyone in this thread just how much it bothers you.
I gave 3 different reasons, but yeah cherry pick the one.
I alerted everyone because the guy was confused on how SOMEONE couldn't like Garfield, even though there are several reasons. My 3 were just the reasons I have, and I know there happen to be plenty more reasons to dislike him.

>Are you some sort of autist who stops reading things as soon as they warp into something you don't like?
I see you trying to turn it around. It's not subtle deflection, user.
>But you're complaining because I have an opinion.
Not only did nobody ask you and it derailing a thread looking to actually talk about this movie, but your opinion (while sure, it is yours) has legitimately stupid reasoning behind it. You just don't like hearing that, I guess.
>I gave 3 different reasons, but yeah cherry pick the one.
Okay, one was that he had a punchable face, the other was that he played a tranny in a music video and the third being he hurt your fee fees about him wanting spiderman gay. All of them are retarded reasons to be quite honest with you. Are you 13?
>and I know there happen to be plenty more reasons to dislike him.
By all means, show us some valid reasons not to dislike a human being that arent his opinions on capeshit, his face being punchable or you not liking transexuals.

I'll wait for them.

> liking SJW hipster faggots

plebbit etc.

>projecting that people you dont like are your boogeyman so you can dismiss them.

Why are you so worried of spoiling an actual event that happened?

Retard

It's courteous to ask beforehand if you want any movie spoiled.

>it derailing a thread looking to actually talk about this movie,
the only person derailing it is yourself. not to mention the thread has been dead for a while anyway.
you could've looked at my opinion and said nothing but instead you need to pontificate about shit that is absolutely inconsequential to your or my life.

>All of them are retarded reasons to be quite honest with you. Are you 13?
I can base my opinion on people of anything.
Just like you're basing your opinion on me of what I said.
It's your right and mine.

>By all means, show us some valid reasons not to dislike a human being that arent his opinions on capeshit, his face being punchable or you not liking transexuals.
I don't have any more specific reasons I don't like him.
I don't speak for anyone but myself.
I don't like him, why can't you come to terms with that?
Does everyone in the world have to agree with you?
Are you Andrew Garfield?
Why would anyone defend someone so ardently they don't personally know, I have no idea.

>the thread has been dead for a while anyway.
which is a fucking shame, given that this was supposed to be a serious discussion.
>you need to pontificate about shit that is absolutely inconsequential to your or my life.
You keep this convo going to really hit home how you don't like Andrew Garfield. I'm just waiting you out, and bumping the thread at the same time so maybe I can get some actual fucking discussion going at some point.
>I can base my opinion on people of anything.
I never said you couldn't, doesn't make it sound or reasonable though. You aren't entitled to that.
>It's your right and mine.
Sure, doesn't make it not stupid though.
>I don't have any more specific reasons I don't like him.
riveting.
>I don't like him, why can't you come to terms with that?
Then go away?
>Does everyone in the world have to agree with you?
If you don't want to have a discussion on a discussion image board, then you can go back
>Why would anyone defend someone so ardently they don't personally know
I'm just trying to point out for you why you are being a faggot.

How is it that for a literal week, all I've been hearing is Hacksaw Ridge shit. I've seen a pre-screening, make a thread...

not a single soul wants to actually discuss it?

This board is dead. Isn't it?