MGMT - Little Dark Age

Thoughts on the new MGMT single?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs
youtu.be/dJ2LZt6hX7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

listening to right now brb

Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. Hoping the new album is better than the self titled

it has a good sound but it sounds like a bunch of other indie bands that have jumped in the synthpop bandwagon. synths and the breakdowns are nice but I wish it was like 2 min shorter.

underwhelmed/10

they will never top congratulations

i like that brian eno song they have

dull

aside from a few songs on oracular spectacular this band has been completely mediocre

>sounds like a bunch of other indie bands that have jumped in the synthpop bandwagon

Like who?

calm down satan. have you listened to congratulations? its their best album

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like psychedelic pop enough to appreciate the majority of MGMT's output.

New track is alright but it sounds like a fairly generic vaguely darkwave track.

sounds like john maus with it's chords i like it tho

grimes, chromatics, chrvches, tame impala, trst, neon indian, etc

TRST maybe, but they were always synthpop

It's really good but IDK if they will pull through with an album where every song is as good.

And John Maus sounds like Depeche Mode.

The goth imagery is so goofy.
Same tier as that shitty Pale Waves band.

I had a dream I met Andrew last night and told him how much I love congratulations

I don't like it

Granted I've heard it only once and that was a while ago, but still

They were originally synthpop. Looks like they are going back to their roots combining their experimental shit from their past albums. Pretty excited
youtu.be/dJ2LZt6hX7M

This, people acting like they are rejecting their style to sell out while synthpop was their beginning stuff.

Pretty excited too desu, it's a pity we'll have to wait 2018 especially since they said the album was completed a month or so ago on twitter iirc

little bit darker and more minimalist but yeah