Is the Simpsons racist? Im usually not one to yell racism as a knee jerk reaction...

Is the Simpsons racist? Im usually not one to yell racism as a knee jerk reaction, but the portyal of every single ethnic character on this show is an outlandish sterotype, while white people are portrayed as being a diverse set of indivduals with no sterotypes at all.

but its completely true tho

>white people

there are no white people on the show man

Stereotypes wouldn't exist unless they were true often enough for people to notice.

Ok Sup Forums. Every group of non whites is a homogenous set of people who all sound and behave exactly the same right? But white people all have distinct personalities?

>while white people are portrayed as being a diverse set of indivduals with no sterotypes at all

What white people?

Everyone on the Simpsons is either yellow or brown.

I miss the blue people

The Asians were white.

Not all its ethnic characters are outlandish stereotypes. Apu and Willie are somewhat stereotypical, but Carl and Lou are not outlandishly black.

Every character that isn't American is a stereotype, whites included like Willy.

they literally adress the fact that their stereotypes are stereotypes more than once.

>bart: nobody is that evil IRL
>burns, evil rich mal, laughing like the movie villain

>bowling team "the stereotypes", apu saying "shoudl've joined them"
>krusty, the jew on tv
>flanders, obeying "everything on the book, even those things that contradict other things"

i could go on. Every character is, well.. a caricature.

It's not racist to depict stereotypical characters. It can be false and misleading but to call it racism is definitely overstating the truth

Yeah, I can't think of anything about Dr. Hibbert that is stereotypically black either, except for him having an afro when he was younger, and it doesn't seem like it should be offensive in any way for a black character to have had an afro at some point in their life.

Correct. I dont now a single white guy who owns a 7/11. Every single one of them has been Indian.

Have you ever thought that The Simpsons made up incorrect stereotypes, and they simply became true.
It is a very old TV show.

They are memeing on stereotypes. But I am sure this OP is just part of the Sup Forums PsyOps late night shift.

How is humor racist

It's true, all white """men""" are betas with little dicks

I've almost only met white people who do. But I'm not an american though.

All the black characters in the show are portrayed as being being more competent and intelligent then the average white characters.

>either a stereotype or homogenous

make up your mind

He's learning new words, don't be so harsh on him.

Sterotypes depict a group as being homogenous

Are you retarded

The Americans are stereotyped too, what the hell are you talking about? They're fat and lazy or shrill and doormats

>but the portyal of every single ethnic character on this show is an outlandish sterotype

Most of the white people in the simpsons are pretty dumb, except most of the women. Even Carl is the smartest person in the whole bar/powerplant

WHO NEEDS THE KWIK E MART

Yes, the intent of these portrayals in the Simpsons is to establish that whites are superior. Now that you've exposed them, the staff has no choice but to come out and admit it. They hate niggers. They fear their dark skin.

Lou is also generally the smartest cop.

WHO LIKES TO SHART IN MART

THEIR FLOORS ARE SHITTY MART

they do the samething when they go to the uk or a different state in america or France or Italy

You must be very young.