Itt: musical guilty pleasures

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eebzVpqm7-s
youtu.be/tdw4KnwALCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you like something what about it makes you wish you didn't? This album is actually great, it's tragic how they fell off after Crack the Skye

>Mastodon
>guilty pleasure
Fuck metal elitists, their first 4 albums are all great

Laughable babies

Good album, nothing really deplorable about enjoying this.

Not really guilty pleasure, but just outside of my usual taste. Not all that into death metal and really not into brutal death outside of this album. More of a hardcore and black metal guy typically

T Swift - 1989

Here’s an actual guilty pleasure. From Columbus and loved these guys when they were first coming up. Don’t really think it’s good but still enjoy it

Grimes.
I really like her music but fuck, her fanbase is disgusting.

Not even remotely a guilty pleasure. It's regarded as one of the best technical death metal albums of all time.

Videogame osts

imho mastadon were basically the 'metallica' of the 2000s. mainstream rock radio should have embraced them with open arms but they abandoned them for mainstream garbage that was derivative of nirvana or pantera or both

90s Eurodance. I am the kind of guy who otherwise can't stand legends in some of my favorite music ranging from guys like Mozart to a band like Darkthrone because of how overly cliche each of their work sounds. That same criticism of using similar chord progressions and structure over multiple works can also be used to describe Eurodance as well, perhaps even more so than Mozart or Darkthrone. But I don't give a damn it's all catchy as fuck to me, and it for some reason just feels like it isn't pretentious at all.

Imagine caring this much about what other people listen to

Nothing wrong with being accessible and good. Sure they were kind of derivative but they were creative as fuck for 2000s metal

this comic gives me life

im saying the shit on mainstream rock radio was derivative and boring, i think mastadon was a breath of fresh air for metal/rock. i should mention i've only extensively listened to leviathan and cracke the skye but i have heard all of their early material is worthwhile.

>not listening to blood mountain
what the fuck is wrong with you
listen to this track and proceed to see what you've missed out on
youtube.com/watch?v=eebzVpqm7-s

youtu.be/tdw4KnwALCw

What a waste of trips.

Yeah please do yourself this favor

I was going to give you shit until I remember that's probably the most listenable song they have

What a waste of a human being.