Anyone got any advice for a young alcoholic? I'm really struggling here guys

Anyone got any advice for a young alcoholic? I'm really struggling here guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84wEWP-vWQk
youtube.com/watch?v=p6l_BuT6TaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

keep drinking

then put your brain in the tub

how mutch and what kind of alcohol do you drink on a daily bassis ?
and how many years ?

step one: switch to weed
Step two: get addicted to weed
step three: have a life changing mushroom trip and don't feel like taking any drugs again.

If all else fails make sure you take vitamin B supplements. Or else you will end up with wet brain in addition to a fucked liver.

Make sure you don't run out of booze

rehab helped me stop along with additional treatment and Aa it depends alot on how much you do and what caused you to drink

sup faggot. I'm an alcoholic too, don't really have advice because I'm struggling as well but in what ways are you struggling? i have a pretty good idea but spill it. also how young is young?

You can do it! Just keep drinking!

Looks fairly good on the spirits, but lacking a few Scotch single malt whiskies.

Sadly lacking on a few crates of decent ales.

Also get a little pack of J2O or Britvic for the ladies.

Other than that, you're good to go.

cut back. seriously. I'm 29 and have been an alcoholic for nearly a decade now. It does serious long term damage.

long story short I had bad shit happen to me and got hooked. Lost pretty much everything, job, girl, money, almost homeless, which just made it worse. Finally started to cut down. I'm still an alcholic and drink but more like 4 shots a day instead of 25. Also I will likely die prematurely from the damage I did.

As me anything I guess.

kys

Not sure if this is helpful but when I tried weed I could no longer understand why people would ever want to do alcohol regularly.

Maybe try weed? It's cheaper, stronger, smaller, and best of all legal now in some places.

>vitamin B supplements
actually a good idea. ultimately you know you will be happier when you manage to say thats it and never touch the bottle again, but in the meantime get a b complex vitamin, and milk thistle supplement and take them daily. I'm not into much supplement mumbo jumbo but it really does help prevent/ delay becoming pic related

join the al/ck/ thread in /ck/

Don't drink

also drink a glass of pic realted ideally before you pass out but otherwise when you wake up. really helps.

You gotta drink daily to get used to the taste. You'll get the hang of it.

american alcoholic or actual alcoholic?. I'm Irish and what americans call an alcoholic is a lightweight here.

Two pints a day at lunch, then maybe half a litre of gin, 1/3 whiskey per night. Weekends are a wild card

>alcoholic
>able to cut back
good for you I guess but me and most alcoholics I know have tried to "cut back" about a thousand times. always end up in the same old jam

What is the difference?

Geez doesn't that get expensive? Why do people do alcohol when weed is so much cheaper?

What americans consider alcoholic is what Irish folk mean when they say "I hardly ever drink anymore"

OP here, was an everyday smoker for 2-3 years before i decided to give it up and realised i need something, alcohol just seemed the most socially acceptable thing. It's been nearly a year and a half straight now and i could count on my right hand the amount of times I've been sober.

You're not wrong. I have no delusions that I'm both physically and mentally addicted to alcohol, I'm just trying to prolong my life as much as I can

Ok, so there's no difference. Dumbass.

you obviuosly have what they call an addictive personality. get addicted to something good like working out

I earn fuck all, talking £17k a year, but rent is low for a one bed flatshare and my commute to work is a 20 minute walk. it equates to about 10 quid a day if i'm pushing it. So, easily doable.

look up naltrexone

there is a massive difference. I lived in America for 3 years, met manys a person who said they were an alcoholic. Most of them drank 5-6 beers 2-3 times a week or some, even less. Americans love to think they have a redemption story. faggots

OKay but if you were doing weed you'd be spending about 1/8 of you current cost with more effect.

If you must have alcohol, maybe try buying in bulk, control yourself. Keep it only to nights. Then once you've mastered that, keep it only to weekends or days off work. Don't feel shame about drinking in the morning on a Saturday. That's not what makes you alcoholic. The sens of limiting yourself will only make you want to do more.

But remember your liver can only take so much.

Meetings help with relating to people. Otherwise you’re on your own buddy, same as me. If weening down doesn’t help then get some suboxone.

I know this man, i work out at home, or at least try as soon as i'm back from work. got a bench and dumbells. up to 50kg bench and can curl 15kg, but its the same shit; work out for an hour:"looks like you deserve a drink mate"

get a hobby then. got a garden? spring is coming. learn how to grow veg. getting into gardening got me off weed

>5-6 beers 2-3 times a week or some, even less.
The alcoholics I know drink 24/7. The only people I know who you described are edgy high schoolers(when I was in high school). I live in one of the most depressing places in the US, though, and studies place as as the highest, or one of the highest, alcoholic places here.

I drink like once every 3 months, though. Not an accomplishment to live like a bum, fag.

I get what you're saying, but because of that I cant remember a huge portion of my life, dispute it all you want but from 2015-2017 i can only remember the train to london, coming back, getting high and then getting on that train again

this.
I grew one garden, but fucked it up completely. made a little thing for them, and stuck a shit ton of seeds there. box was like 6in. x 6in., had fucking everything in it, and a lot of shit actually grew, had some raddishes and tomatoes.

this year, I will only grow tomatoes, maybe some chives or something small

only way free and clear is to give it up bruddah. and fuck AA, smoking weed/ oil if you are able to do it with some form of moderation is perfectly fine.

I boulder every week with some friends, draw in my spare time. I jsut find with hobbies that there is literally nothing aside from bike racing that i can't do while i'm drunk

I've really been enjoying spiced rum and ginger ale lately. You can mix them pretty strong and they still drink easy. Also, drinking rum makes you feel a little bit like a pirate, so that's fun.

For whiskey, I have recently gotten into lot no. 40. It's a copper pot straight rye whiskey and it's super solid without a huge price point. Plus Manhattans make you look classy as shit.

try watermelon radishes, they look great

> " vitamin B supplement ...[snip]... really does help prevent/ delay becoming pic related " ;

How does a vitamin supplement help to prevent you running that short of drink. Strewth, he's only got one and a half bottles left.

amerifat here. there are in fact plenty of total roody poos (I've heard them share at many aa meetings) who's ultra religious dumbass family catches them having that third glass of wine one Holliday night and they decide they have an alcohol problem and then are so proud to overcome it and are full of shit. but there are plenty of hardcore, sick alcoholics here and in your little leprechaun island and it's all the same destructive sickness of the mind and spirit, no matter how much you paddie fucks normalize it

>going to a US doctor and asking for suboxone for alcohol addiction
KEK they wont even give weak codeine syrup for a cough anymore because of the opiate panic dipshit wake up

Ah man, spiced rum is something i've come to just drink neat with some ice, whiskey though, i'm still not quite there yet

>UP TO benching 50kg
Holy shit, were you an infant girl when you started?

keeps your brain from going vitamin deficient and becoming a retarded wet brain

stop drinking?

>destructive sickness of the mind and spirit
funny way of saying having fun. we dont normalize it, it normalizes us. Without alcohol, half of ireland would stop functioning

If you want to measure dicks mate, i'll give you my instagram

But seriously, OP here

I appreciate all the responses to this thread, means a lot. Anything you guys want to talk about? Shit's hard as hell pretending to have everything together but I'll do what I can.

>6in. x 6in
wow, i'm retarded. meant feet.
i moved, so i wont have the space for them. radishes are amazing on salads, and easy as fuck to grow

either you have enough will to reduce the amount you drink now, or either you'll drink until shit hits the fan and truly realize you have to slow down

i know i fucked up really bad, learned from it, and now my drinking habits are very reasonable

nobody can convince you to change your damaging behavior until YOU make the decision.. but when you do, it will be easier, and you'll love yourself a bit more for it

You know I have to admit I would like to take up drinking more regularly just because i'm bored and can't seem to get addicted, but how do Irish afford so much alcohol without going broke? Is it much cheaper there than it is in the USA? Here a six pack of decent alcohol is like $12. Which translates to about 10 euros. And it's only good for one day if you want to get actually drunk.

I was wondering. 6x6 inches would grow fuck all. you can grow radishes in a seed tray on a windowsill. Scallions (spring onions) or salad leaves too. loads of stuff can be grown in window boxes or pots. hard to beat eating veg freshly pulled from the dirt.

You can get 30 packs for $12. That's what alcoholics drink. Or you can get the big slammers, which are like 3 beers in 1, for like $2.

Or even 40s for $2. Do you even drink, bro?

Good whiskey, on ice with a splash of branch water.

My current fav is Bulleit Frontier.

Life is too short to drink shitty hooch, son.

I'm 1/4 irish and its you bog trotting drunk faggots i blame for my inability to drink without drinking an entire handle of whiskey and breaking shit. go suck a potato

Wages are generally good here. The dole (unemployment benefit) is almost 200 euro a week ffs.

Its all about the whisky/scotch

I'm serious

I like apple cider. It's like $12 per six. Crazy expensive. Maybe in bulk it drops to $1.50 each but that's still a lot.

you are not doing it right if you drink any other way

This is the problem mate; I can drink at lunch when i'm at work, can still hit my targets,. I can have a bottle of whatever spirit takes my fancy each work night and everyone jsut thinks a little tired each day. I can't forsee a massive fuckup and nobody gives a shit anyway.

When is it too much? when is that defining moment? have i got to knock up some cunt on a one night stand? i'm too switched on for that crap

>apple cider.
Right, you don't drink. kek

What's the cheapest good-tasting alcohol? I like alcohol that doesn't taste like chemical shit. Sadly, most beers in the USA are like that.

Rum a good choice?

idk how it is over the four leaf clover lucky charms rainbow but here in america, even though we're the worlds largest consumer of drugs, everyone has this Puritan snobbishness and acts as though you are a degenerate for getting sloppy drunk. even bars will throw you our as soon as you get a little tipsy.

lol. getting thrown out of a bar for being drunk. come home laddy. see how drunk you have to get in ireland before you get thrown out. If you can lie on the floor without holding on, you're probably alright here

> have i got to knock up some cunt on a one night stand?
that's a good example

personally i was in a pathetic idgaf downward spiral, fueled by alcohol, to the point where i just hated how i was thinking and what i was doing - who i had become

so a defining moment can be just you, by yourself, realizing that your life being controlled by whatever substance fucking sucks

im not gonna tell you to get high on life or some shit, but at some point healthier habits really make more sense than drinking yourself to death..

remember the good days man, there can be many more ahead

>good-tasting
I don't know, man, I don't drink for the taste, I drink to get drunk. Busch is probably the best tasting/cheapest beer, but it still tastes like shit.

>rum
I love rum. Captain Morgan is my favorite, get a big ass bottle for like $30. It doesn't taste good, taste like ass. Decent with some coke(the soda) though.

Ugh I hate captain morgan. That shit shouldn't be called rum. I once had this amazing rum once but it wasn't a commercially huge brand. It was amazing and I'm still searching for it.

I love angry orchard but I hate Redd's because it tastes like chemical shit. Really I'll drink anything that isn't 50% chemical filler for profit. But that is hard to find.

cucks with a complex will call it gay and girly but a guy living in japan who i talked to said that this shit called Chuhai or chuhais are like canned cocktails that are sweet/ ez to drink but strong as shit... my local asian market has them and im in the southern us

currently drinking and listening to roger alan wade. a good combo
youtube.com/watch?v=84wEWP-vWQk
youtube.com/watch?v=p6l_BuT6TaY

I love sake and asian drinks. Expensive though.

I can't just drink bullshit alcohol everyday. To me, part of it is the taste with food. And shitty beer makes you have a shitter drunk feeling.

true. my problem is I'm so bored with alcohol in general. I'll drink to the absolute extreme, black out every nite for a week... it just starts to be all pain and no enjoyment

Found the pussy

Found my new roommate

not even kidding, it happens all the time. bars here have no problem serving you and taking your money but then turn around and act shocked when you start to appear to be drunk and say you've had enough

Where the fuck are you? It's like 8 bucks for a sixer of cider here. That does fuck all though so I'll stick to my 10 dollar 12 pack of bud light

bazinga