Thoughts on House of Cards? How would you rank the seasons?

Thoughts on House of Cards? How would you rank the seasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDct5MkZv2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1>(power gap)2>3>4

Pretty much this, the shows has gotten terrible since he became president. At least in the British the president actually had a clear ideology and plans, this show and its president doesn't know what the fuck it's doing

2>1>4>3

4 kinda jumped the shark a bit with Frank and Claire at the end. Also that monologue to Durant when he admits he killed zoey was stupid as fuck. But season 4 as a whole was far more interesting then 3.

I think 4 > 3, Doug's storyline fucking sucked in s3 and don't even get me started on America Works

What was the point of revealing he was bi if they literally only did it for one scene. I thought that might be used against him or something

I agree.

Could come up again in the future. The writer that following him around seemed to have an idea of this.

When is the next season coming out?

I liked muh power plants 3 piece suit billionaire walrus man in season 2

but 1,2,4,3

Most likely march or april.

shit for brains when you write this out of your tv-series.

Its much more fun to watch him manipulate people above him than people below. They gave him power way too fast

>le shock deaths xDDD

1>>43 was pretty horrific, they brought it back a bit with 4 but by the end of 2, the magic and novelty was long gone

This

It gets worse and worse

1 > 2 > (POWER GAP) > 4 > (POWER GAP) > 3

1 > 2 > 3
I haven't seen 4 yet. The finale of S2 was pretty much the finale of the show for me, it was fucking beautiful.

she is a straight up sex weapon

The real life version was better and it's still airing.

Would probably let that fag Frank h'whip my peasant boipucci desu

Her death was pretty dumb tbqfh, surely there was another way to handle that type of situation. Also NO politician in their right mind would kill someone with their own hands in public. Her death was just cheap shock value

You know your show is bad when real life politics are more interesting

2>1>

POWER GAP

4>3

It's not the writer's fault that real life suddenly has so much meme magic.

If there were characters like trump and Clinton in the show it would be considered cringe and bad writing

To be fair it's really not usual to have two candidates like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. They're the most disliked in US history I think.

in my life for sure

clinton I ,was well liked in his elections

people liked bush II after the clinton I scandal

people were too focused on the war in 2004 to care about that election

2008, obama was well liked, person i saw it as "gotta vote for this douchebag instead of the nigger"

2012 the obama HOPENCHANGE wore off but it was more "gotta vote for this douchebag instead of the nigger"

I personally like trump, but i know he's not well liked and neither is clinton II

is she getting thiccer?

Well, I agree. There are too many scenes, that are way over the top, and the show would be better without them.

It happens in the brit series and presumably the books too.

1 >> 4 >= 2 >>>> 3

First season still the best, Peter Russo was a great character and it was amazing how Frank used him

I hate him so much oh my god I hope he gets hit by a train in S5

I thought it was fucking stupid how that reporter in season 2 that wanted to get his story out about Underwood killing Russo and his GF resorted to illegal activities after his newspaper refuses to print it.
Why the fuck didn't he take his story to Fox News, Drudge, Breitbart or any other right-wing media publication? They would have eaten that shit up, and reported it non-stop.
Underwood would deny it obviously, but enough people in the public would believe it, just like lots of people believe plenty of conspiracies about Hillary and Trump. Plus, Republicans in Congress/Senate would definetly investigate it, they would love nothing more than to try and pin murder on a democratic president.

1>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3 was utter dogshit with claire going muh feelings

Most irrelevant and unnecessary character of all time

>NO politician in their right mind would kill someone with their own hands
That's why it was shit from season one to begin with.

listen to me talk in this monotone voice about nothing really at all in some drawn out scene

At the very least, the story of the VP sleeping with a reporter and feeding her info that hurt the President would have gotten a lot of traction. Even without the murder angle, that would ruin any political career.

This pretty much

America Works has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. Why did Frank think it would work? How did he not foresee everyone in congress telling him to shove it?

The Underwoods in the television series are almost 1:1 copies of the Clintons.

It was just a show. He was just looking for a "hard hitting" policy that would get people to unite behind him. Politicians always promise good sounding stuff that is horrifically retarded in it's core, and most of their base eats it up.

Though, having not seen S4, I don't know if there is something else that you mean by that.

1 is kino the rest is not utter shit but at least is watchable

Thanks Satan.

why the fuck did he become president so fast? By far the best parts of the show were him navigating the Congress labyrinth to get votes for shit and trying to take down the people above him

besides, every side-story has been shit
>Claire
nigh-unwatchable. Hurr I cheated on you and keep fucking your career over and over again because I need attention waaah
>Nignog and Chinaguy
irrelevant and boring
>Doug Stamper
doe the same shit over and over again

I don't see how eliminating all entitlements would get anyone to unite behind him.

Man I agree. House of cards would be perfect if it ended after season 2. Even if season 3 wasn't a disaster, it still wouldn't feel right.

1>2>4>>>Season 4 wasn't terrible but it was pretty mediocre.

fpbp

3th and 4th are the worst thanks to female empowerment of supporting kitchen character

youtube.com/watch?v=NDct5MkZv2s

As I said, it sounds like a strong plan to create jobs, but it's actually a terrible half-assed plan.

But it sounds strong, and that's what matters in politics. Just look at the current candidates with Trump mumbling nonsense about most of his policies and Hillary retardedly having a shitfit about Russia all the time if you want a comparison. They're both full of shit, but they impress people enough to gain their votes.

>why the fuck did he become president so fast?
Because the writers probably thought they were lookin at a three season show and season three would have been the fall of Frank.
They even had a bunch of shit ready to hasten his collapse(China, the Hackers, scandals all waiting etc) but the resolved most of them all off screen either between S2 and S3 or as endless filler in S3 and S4.

The best option they could have taken, in my opinion, would have been to have season three take place at one of those week long peace/trade summits and have Frank and his teams navigating around the various international alliances and career diplomats to get power/remove threats.
That would have allowed the show to expand its scope, give characters with equal or greater power for Frank to go against and basically not been wheel spinning.