What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Pretty much nothing

Just started watching this show. Is that market girl with that mexican jewish?

literally the best show on at the moment.

This is the best, most redpilled show on TV.

The OP went wrong.

her character is, but thankfully the actress is not. She's Italian.

After the first season they didn't double the budget and the run time.

Ash and the over the top Bruce Campbell persona/character have become one and the same and it kind of sucks. Ash was never that silly or constantly wise-cracking - I mean sure he'd occasionally throw out a one-liner or say groovy, but for the most part he was terrified or serious. But after the Bruce Campbell media appearances, books, comic books, video games, and especially with My Name is Bruce to solidify the whole thing, Ash has basically become a self-parody.

That said there really is nothing else the show could have been and it does it well enough. The monster effects and gore is surprisingly great and creative; I especially liked the mind-demon and creepy kids from the first season and the possessed car from a few episodes ago. The sidekicks are generally passable but occasionally stand out, and despite my previous bitching about Ash being reduced to a constantly quipping caricature his jokes usually work quite well.
My biggest problem with it right now honestly is Lucy Lawless because they can't seem to figure out what they want her character to be so she's bouncing between invincible badass and completely useless cunt and it's annoying. The overarching plot is looking like it's going to fall apart and become total shit soon

but that nose

Lame supporting cast. Too much attempt at a plot.

He became older and just stopped care that much. Everything around him goes crazy all the time, how can anyone stay sane?
Ash is dealing with it with his fucked up attitude, and it is awesome, and you better go suck a cock. Or watch some walking dead what is pretty much the same thing.

Raimi only wrote and directed the pilot

nah, a big part of the comedy in 1 and 2 came from Ash's reaction to the horror basically mind-breaking him, the scene with all of the furniture dancing in the cabin being a prime example. Even when he shit-talked enemies it was more nuanced and clever and every word counted.

It's fine though, I get it, it's a tough perfect balance between serious and silly to keep and even Raimi couldn't do it well in Army of Darkness. Like I said, it's what I expected so I'm not mad, but I would have definitely preferred something more like Ash in ED2

Calm down you defensive faggot the dude said the show was good. And ash's character has been synthesized with Bruce Campbell's personality over the years.

Tbh I'd like Ash more serious, but I'm ok with it as it still works good.

Italian here. We all have big noses.

Yeah, that's how it feels to me. The show is fine, but Ash has felt off. It'd be like if there was a Scream 5 and Ghostface acted like the Ghostface in Scary Movie. It wouldn't feel right.

Xena got old and Italian girl acts too cocky.

The finale of season one was not very good imo

Nothing.

Season 1 had some padded episodes but Season 2 is great so far now they they finally gave pablo something to do

They killed best girl and left the Jew in

>Lucy Lawless
This.

i love her dearly and would fucking annihilate her demonic pussy but holy shit is she incredibly superfluous in this show.

If they cant figure out what to do with her soon just write her out or trap her in hell or something or do a supernatural/sg1 and overpower her or go the self parody route which given its ted raimi and bro's behind it they definitely will.

I cant belive its the same production company behind zena and fucking spartacus hahaha.

Honestly the worst charcter is Ted Raimi's cameos, the dude is based but hes not funny at all and drags every scene he's in.

Nothing, its fucking great

They couldn't ape Raimi's style.
Side characters nobody really likes.
Not enough Ash.
Generally dumb setup, DUDE Ash smoked WEED so he read the book LMAO.

Could be worse.

I guess the show is good. It doesn't seem like Ash should have so many people around him, or at least they shouldn't stay alive for this long.

It's dragged down by the two sidekicks who can't act for shit. Who even gives a shit about them? Bruce and Xena are the only parts I enjoy, when they're not on-screen it's cringey and dull.

4us

That black girl from s01? Fuuuck she was racked

no the blondie from last two episodes

It's empty fun. It's only now starting to form any kind of real plot or meaningful story. We'll see how long that lasts...

There's another show called Stan Against Evil that's supposed to be pretty similar, about to watch that next

nothing if you wanted "my name is bruce: the tv show"
ash is way too goofy even by AoD standards, the fourth wall jokes don't really do it for me and the ethnic sidekicks are fucking awful.
Overall it's ok though

I agree. Some things feel in character. The dinner scene in the first season, the morgue scene, etc. But Ash supposedly being racist just doesn't fit in. Since when was that a thing? I don't remember him caring for drugs either. Not only that, but he's never scared. That's what makes it feel less like Evil Dead.

>ash is way too goofy even by AoD standards
Yeah, they're trying to play it that the horrors he witnessed him broke him more or less...but we learn that he's always been pretty fucking dumb since before the cabin event so...uh...yeah.

ED as a franchise got 'quippier' each installment anyway, and the comedy and monster design improved. But being a TV series they need filler content between the monsters, gore and action. It could be that they cut to a 6 episode season, but that's not the norm for US serials, but for this franchise I think it's what would be needed to have less 'comedy padding'. Because some of it just doesn't work.

Ash's attitude could be seen as the extreme of what he did over the next 20-30 years as stated in the first season. Makes a degree of sense given the progression from ED1 to AoD and then time skip 30 odd years.

But I do agree it's become more that it's Bruce's de-facto personality to go to, typecast into it I guess.

I like it