My dad was a collector of 20th Century finger boxes, and he used these finger box gloves when handling expensive boxes...

My dad was a collector of 20th Century finger boxes, and he used these finger box gloves when handling expensive boxes. He was an auctioneer and a damn good one at that.

Can anyone tell me the year, type a value if these gloves?

Thanks

retard

Why the hell would a man use gloves for a finger box? this makes no sense and defeats the purpose of a finger box. please explain

clever thread op.
really funny.

Wow. He must have been collecting pre war from the looks of that glove. I’ve seen lots of pre war finger boxes going between 5 and 20k but I’ve never seen a finger box glove. Wow again. Priceless

Well it was explained to me that a finger box was a finger hole that is sized, and as they wear out become less valuable...

Its looks like the gloves need restored.

this was actually a prehistoric 25ktu model that was refurbished in the early 20th century. you got some money on your hands

That would explain the glove. Maybe with the Manschluster mechanical boxes it was used to protect the gears ?

Iit looks to me that the gloves are designed for a Japanese fingerbox...just saying

My mom would never let dad take the finger box gloves out of the house. I think yours are 1920’s because of the leather and the age.

Can you tell if it is Japanese or German stiching? I asked my GPa who was in the big one and he offered to buy it if it was Jap. He still uses his tiki wood finger box every day and he’s 102 years old

Do they still sell finger boxes in The UK since the EU took over?

I would think anyone with a finger box glove would have quite a collection of finger boxes. Do you think he hid them or sold them ? I can’t believe he kept the glove and not the actual finger boxes

Isn’t it rare to require finger box gloves? I don’t need gloves for my finger box.

Are you allowed to finger box in the EU after WWII?

Finger boxes boxes oppress women. STOP this THREAD!

My grandfather said gloves were self used, mainly by negroes who needed to protect themselves from splinters because they were too forceful with them.

I agree...this is a racist thread

Wait...gloves are not racist. Fuck You!

In Kenya we get a pair funger box glives when we turn 13...so its not rare. Ours are made of corn husks not pleather.

Why is the chinese still making fjnger box gloves?