Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sony

It was not as bad as I expected.

It was still pretty bad and shit the bed as far as their hopes of a viable franchise went.

I think they realised they had a major flop on their hands and going all-in on the gender aspect would be the only way to court a significant enough audience and proof it somewhat against critics.

The contrarian virgins

(((You)))

Sony

even if you try and ignore the gender side of it, the humour in the movie was just fucking awful and unfunny
the first ghostbusters film is very deadpan, whereas this is "OVER THE TOP LOOK AT ME SHOUTING!!! WAAAAH THIS SITUATION IS SO CRAZY LOL XD"

if the script had stayed the same, but it was all male actors, it still would have sucked and been blasted into oblivion

Amy Pascal, women execs were a mistake.

why would woman want to take over something already settled like the ghostbusters and just genderbend everything? why not do your own ghostbusting movie and call it something else? this probably would have done better if they just did their own thing.

my biggest problem with the movie were not the cast, but the fucking NEON GLOW GHOSTS.

When I was a kid, I shat my pants everytime i thought of pic related.

>90s gives us a multi-cultural + gendered + handicapable ghostbusters team
>2016, they take a giant step backwards

Both parties. Massively overblown reaction to a really boring and unnecessary film. The only people who were in the right were those who stayed out of the mess.

they spent too much monies on it. a comedy film should not cost 250 million dollars.

>Ghostbusters in the 90s: a mexican, a black guy, a cripple and a girl
>Ghostbusters now: three fat women and a pet gorilla
What went wrong?

>OH HELL NO! THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

I've never heard this expression before. Do people really say this or is it something they made up for the movie?

Sony and the fan boys. Sony for pushing for this SJW bullshit and the fanboys for being militant and harassing the cast. Honestly, the movie is un appealing but I have seen cool moments. I don't blame the actoresses for being in the movie, Leslie Jones didn'rlt deserve the flak albiet some of the trolling was funny. They did what they did and given the chance, most people would want to be in a Ghostbusters movie

when you market your movie that everyone who doesnt like the obvious cash in as a woman hater and then constantly play the feminism angle what do you expect?

loved how they shilled for hillary but then ended up deleting the tweet

>pet gorilla

my biggest problem with this current trend of rebooting and remaking stuff
WHY pick stuff like Jurassic park, ghostbusters, robocop, etc? There is no possible way you will ever make a better version of those movies, they were already great to begin with and are a relic of their time
The only reboot I've liked recently was Mad Max, but that was just a continuation of the original world done by the same director years later

If youre going to remake something, pick something that sucked to begin with but could have been awesome, and improve on it. It's sad that they just rely on brand awareness of classic movies for ticket sales

yeah there are tons of bad 80s/90s movies that wait to be remade so why not do this?

i swear we will see a back to the future remake in our lifetime

It is shit, and extended version ever worse.

Sony
I can't think of an occasion they were in the right in the recent years.

Sony. Too much money for a project they ultimately had to buttress with in-built accusations of sexism for people who may not like it.

we won
you cry

This. Not a complete embarassment, but only slightly entertaining. The crazy blonde was hot.

Eh
>Yo studio bosses
>There is this one movie from the 80ies
>It was baaad
>It sucked really hard
>Bombed at the box office too
>But muh potential
>Gimme monies to remake the shit out of it
Would totally work

Yea I realize why it'll never happen because they need to protect their investments. It's just as a viewer it's really tiring seeing these trends

PS4 is okay, but that's barely an achievement since the console market is trash

us

>three fat women
Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon are hardly fat, but then you have Melissa McCarthy who's probably obese enough for the three of them.

>contrarian
Fuck off with this buzzword, or at least learn what it means. Contrarian implies going against the mold, against the popular opinion.
Obviously the popular opinion is this movie sucks shit so the contrarian is you.

there will only be milking from now on. And muhvel. Which is synonymous.

Seems like you're ranting when you know the reason. And if you don't, you're a fucking idiot. It's entirely a business decision based on the brand recognition of these names. Sometimes, they overestimate their current value to modern audiences, but that's the standard, not how good they can make the movie in comparison to the original, but how profitable the final product is.

This is the only other time I've heard this phrase used @4:10. It must be a black church thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E

based James

>The contrarian virgins
>contrarian
Sooo, people who liked it ?

*queefs*

He is now going to watch the movie. Some guy in a Halloween podcast gave him a free copy of the bluray.

This.

oh dear.

>His wife forced him to watch it and make a public apology afterwards for refusing to watch this important movie

ftfy

what a cuck