Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gC8i6kUI-R0
youtube.com/watch?v=cCh_yrarhB4
youtu.be/9HiFHOsklho?t=431
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aglaophotis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was honestly really good.

Good visuals design and cast, shitty plot

Probably the best vidyakino. Yeah, the story was weak, but it captured the atmosphere of the game perfectly. Jodelle a qt.

I might watch it for loli titcow but it is it really spoopy? I don't like spoopy movies they scares me

Pure horror/vidyakino.

The costumes and production design are amazing, but too bad the script sucked.

I guy rips the flesh off a naked woman.

NO!

its not jumpscare type of spoopy movie more like atmosphere type

youtu.be/gC8i6kUI-R0

I like how he hucks it at the door right after they escape inside

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=cCh_yrarhB4

The movie is hot garbage

I can't remember the last time a movie made me say Holy Fuck out loud like that besides the arm scene from green room

its one of my favs. comfy horror. the barb wire scene is fuckin awesome. especially with the church organs playing. ive also had a crush on jodelle ever since.

That's a cute gif.

It's good. It captures the feel and characters from the games perfectly while borrowing the best plot elements from several of the games. Good as a stand alone horror and as an adaptation.

yeah, some user posted it a while ago. ive been eternally greatful ever since.

Would you care to state your own opinion rather than the bullshit from some youtube person?

I hated that they turned Alessa into generic creepy little horror girl but that's a bit of a nitpick. I just felt like she was way more compelling when she was older before she was burnt.

The skin ripping scene was brutal.

The first Silent Hill game contained a lot more gore than 2 and 3. Like the implied dismembered dog head being thrown through a basketball hoop and the various skinless people hanging up in certain places.

The video doesn't detract from what they say is wrong about the movie. It's fairly accurate and anyone who enjoyed watching the movie should reconsider posting on this board. This movie is worse than BvS.

I'm not watching the video because I have formed my own opinion of the movie. Feel free to post your own opinion of the movie as well.

>bringing up bvs in a silent hill thread

pretty good

plot babbies should kill themselves right now

Already psoted my opinion

vidyagameshit is just as bad as capeshit

the story literally makes no sense

Oh so you're the guy in the video? What a faggot.

Loved it a lot as a kid. Now being an adult and having played the games, it doesn't have the same effect but I still think that the monster make-up/costumes are really good and it deserves a better iMDB score (not that it should matter but w/e).

DUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR

>the story literally makes no sense

that's a minor flaw. if that's all it takes to ruin a movie for you then you have the artistic sensibility of a burnt toast.

I wonder what part didn't make sense to him; The alternate dimensions, black magic, or the insane monsters.

>i felt she was more compelling when she was older before she got burnt

im not following user. was this part of the game? i havnt played them.

what will you do if you were him?

the 2nd one sucked ass

Not really.

Even separating what was retconned in Silent Hill: Origins, Alessa was burned at 7 years old

Origins is not canon

I wonder what you'd consider a major flaw

The game doesn't deal with alternate dimensions or black magic. This movie is entirely its own thing and follows next to nothing what the games were.

That final boss fight was some Power Rangers shit.

> Origins is not canon

That's what I said.

Literally the best movie adaptation of a videogame series.

Sucked

im just not understanding when you say she was older before she got burnt. they were different ages?

Never change Sup Forums

Some mediocre acting but the changes it makes to the cult work much better as a one-off film.

It really is one of the best and most accurate gaming movies made, even with all the liberties it takes.

it's pretty bad

I'd much rather just play the games than watch the movie

It's an okay movie but not a good adaptation of ANY game in the series. As far as video games movie go, it's actually really watchable though.

Also I'm pretty sure Sean Bean lives which is lame.

The first Mortal Kombat is better, both at capturing the games and being a dumb fun action movie to watch, with no long shitty exposition scene destroying the pacing like in SH

First guy is wrong. Alessa did get burned at 7 years old.

There's a few cutscenes in Silent Hill that show an older Alessa without burns, but that was because she could astral project herself (or something, which is how she caused the car crash that starts the game) and the astral projection of her is older but doesn't have burns.

the biggest flaw any film can have is failing to engage the audience emotionally, and there are multiple ways this can happen.

the most common one in hollywood is the lack of tension, when there are no stakes because you know the good guy is going to win or because you don't really care about the outcome.

> but not a good adaptation of ANY game in the series

Oh, I'm sorry it never achieved the extremely high standard of this scene:

youtu.be/9HiFHOsklho?t=431

At least they tried. If it was called anything except Silent Hill it would be a minor cult classic.

It would be better with Sean Bean as the actual protagonist.

Silent Hill straddles the line between being a B horror movie and being really smart. Visually it's one of the most interesting horror films to come out in a long time. Moments like when Colin is screaming in the bathroom and the dutch angle when the first armless man appears look amazing.

Honestly, if they just cut out like 90% of Alyssa's dialogue during that flashback scene it would be so much better. Like we don't need to hear her say "you know what can happen to little girls when they're all alone, don't you?" Just showing Colin creepily staring at her followed by her leaving the bathroom traumatized is enough.

Can't we just be happy that we don't have two Silent Hill Revelations?

Nah, they should have saved Sean Bean to play Douglas from SH3

>Sean Bean lives which is lame

Not even joking, I'm disappointed when his parts do live up to the meme.

I was surprised that they ended up getting the original composer of the Silent Hill games to make the soundtrack for the movie. You honestly don't see that kind of attention in adaptations alot. Apart from Pyramid Head who was just shoehorned in there for fanservice they did a decent job of actually trying to be faithful to the source material. That being said the actor was kinda meh and the story wasn't all that engaging really. But a good attempt otherwise.

In the game it WAS Seans character looking for her. In the behind the scenes of the movie they cast a women instead of using the father because "Women care more about their children and it made more sense for her to look for her child."

They literally said Sean Beans character would never look for his daughter and it was unrealistic how the game portrayed him.

Shame they royally fucked up Revelations

There was a shit ton wrong with the first movie but i would've gladly had something of it's quality for the sequel instead of teenage vincent and pyramid head fighting claudia.

The first SH movie at least keeps the basic parent looking for their kid backdrop. The second one completely misses how well the game balanced Heather matures and confronts her history with the town.

Fucking embarrassing when a PS2 game that was a step down story wise from SH 2 still had 5 times better writing than the movie based on it.

True vidyakino. But the fact that they randomly chucked in Pyramid Head for no fucking reason always bugs me.

But I will admit that he looked fucking cool.

As somebody that played 1 through 3 recently. Anybody that says it portrayed any aspect of them well in any way is a bumbling retard and deserves to be bullied to the point they develop a stammer.

The only good thing about this movie was how far it took that cliche

>Sean Bean is the hero's mentor
>but now he's retired
>but the hero persuades him to join up for one last job
>but Sean Bean's daughter is sick, so he sells out the hero to the bad guys
>but then Sean Bean has a change of heart and rescues the hero from the bad guy's base
>then he accompanies the hero to the final battle, where he stays behind to stall an army of henchmen while the hero goes after the villain
>then he fucking kills all of them and leaves to live happily ever after with his now healthy daughter because apparently the bad guys paid in advance

1. Red pyramid thing, not """""Pyramid Head"""""

2. It had no business being in either movie because it is only a manifestation of James' subconscious.

A lot of dipshit retards in this thread seem to disagree with you

If it weren't based on a game it would just be a mediocre horror movie but with some unique plot stuff and god-tier music (wait, does it use the game music?)

I do like it as an homage to the game.

>The game doesn't deal with alternate dimensions or black magic.
Not as overtly as the movie, but in the game the town has alternate states and there is an evil god.

>1. Red pyramid thing, not """""Pyramid Head"""""
James uses both.

I've seen more than 10 Sean Bean movies and he died in maybe three of them. No idea where that meme came from.

Alternate dimensions sure, but black magic is inarguably in the games.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aglaophotis

They just used the songs from the games, retard.

>impaled on a boat anchor, blown up

Well, if you're going to kill someone, that would bee the way to do it.

>alternate states
>evil god
>black magic

yeeessss to a degree. ultimately it comes down to me being an anal retentive autist based on the choice of words. Occult, instead of black magic. I guess the dark arts would also be interchangeable. Demon instead of evil god, although pagen gods are a plenty I suppose. Although alternate states still doesn't seem to fit well. We do agree it's all happening in the same space, though, right?

That skin scene is horrifying.