What films have the worst endings?

What films have the worst endings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RrvDenYGICM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too stupid to understand the ending OP?

Monty Python and the Holy Grain was pretty shit.

Even if you understand it, it's pretty silly.

Dubs confirm it
OP is an idiot.

your birth video

Not that one.

Godzilla 1998 because it promises you another turd

Not pic related, that's for sure (unless you're one of the plebs who dislikes A Space Odyssey).

But I'll contribute.

Mortal Kombat (and that's without acknowledging what came out of Annihilation)
youtu.be/RrvDenYGICM

heat
falling down

The film of your birth. You survived.

I still wanked to your mom's gaping hole, though.

close encounters

>Told you I'm never going back
kys senpai

>a character said a sentence, so i have to like the emotional impact of the scene

Why is the end of a mortal kombat movie bollywood?

I never understood it and no one has ever given an explanation.

Shifty fucking movie in general

Read the book

You should probably look up the details in the book. As I said, the explanation are actually quite silly and if it would have been explicitly stated, it would just have been taken as something incredibly corny, despite the visuals.

>ending

The Mist

fuck that ending, and the whole movie was downright retarded

Actually, not the book, just a summary of it on Wikipedia.

someBODY

>having to read a book to understand a movie

KUBRICK'S A GENIUS BEST FILM EVER :DDDD

sopranos

Calm down, I corrected myself here Also, I didn't actually say something that positive, did I? But I agree, you shouldn't have to read any book for any movie, unless it's based on common knowledge.

Don't read the book, it's completely different from the movie.

poor Robert

Mr. Nobody.

Piece of edgy shit trying to be all artistic but reaching definite plebtier in terms of original thought.

What the fuck is this

>myself
You didn't make this post.

>it's completely different
No, it's pretty similar. Just a couple of details like how Dave gets back in the ship, etc

I did not, but you quoted , which I wrote.

Yeah, such a cop out.

No I didn't. The only post I've made in this thread so far is the one I'm typing now, and these

Oh. I meant , which I assumed you wrote.

A Hillary supporter.

That ending was fucking funny

>there is an entire universe, with lore and backstory
>most known work of fiction in that universe deals with an insignificant and tiny part of it, and never explains what's actually going on.
ayy lmao.

What was wrong with Dark City's ending?

It betrays the entire tone of the movie for a lame Deus Ex Machina conclusion. Everything just happens to work out in the most perfect way possible.
I was fine with Murdoch, as much of an average joe as he was with a terribly wooden performance, just so happening to be the only one in the entire city to somehow stay awake during the midnight process. This was perfectly acceptable because the movie does a pretty good job at keeping your interest with it's misteries and setting that it leads you to think that it's building up to something. Murdoch's blandness as a protagonist is acceptable because the setting is so interesting that immersion becomes much easier.

The problem is that the ending, which is completely focused on the protagonist, where everything is instantly clarified and suddenly the protagonist turns out to be a special man with actual god-like powers who can turn the world into his happy place and live forever with his happy girlfriend forever, is nothing short of terrible. It betrays the entire point of the movie. I dislike the overusage of the term Deus Ex Machina but this is literally what happens in the movie.

I think it's common knowledge that you don't end a noir story with a "and everyone lived happily ever after" fairy tale ending and this is exactly what Dark City does. Murdoch never even earns the right to have such powers, he has them because. This ending could work better if this was, say, a graphic novel, or even a series of books, but as a movie, it ultimately betrays the entire tone of the movie.

I do think Dark City is a pretty solid movie for the most part, and that it has a lot of neat ideas. I consider it a good movie. It's just frustrating that it fails to live up to it's own intrigue, and that the ending is so goddamn terrible.

>I was fine with Murdoch ... just so happening to be the only one in the entire city to somehow stay awake during the midnight process.

>The problem is that the ending ... is completely focused on the protagonist

>Murdoch never even earns the right to have such powers, he has them because.

It's been a while since I watched the film, but... don't these sort of explain each other?

This guy gets it. I love the movie and I actually enjoy the ending, but it's the epitome of 2deep4u.

The explanation is that John, for whatever reason, has the same ability to 'tune' as the Strangers do. It's shown in the finale that the mad scientist guy trained him to use this ability by implanting memories on him (I think). Only he becomes much stronger than all the Strangers combined.

Now as to WHY these powers went to him, specifically, or why he deserves to possess these abilities in the first, that's not clarified because John is as generic and poorly developed as a hero can get (the only midly heroic thing he does in the movie is save a goldfish from dying and going after his girlfriend). He has actual godlike powers because he's the protagonist.

Not every hero is heroic.

This is why I HATE that show. It had all the groundwork to be something much more interesting than WAAAAAAAA MY DAD IS MEAN

That's not what I was trying to say.
But fine, allow me to rephrase it

>ohn is as generic and poorly developed as a character can get (the only characterization he gets in the movie is save a goldfish from dying and going after his girlfriend)

There. Better now ?

Reminder that it was going to end in a big fight but they ran out of money.
Better than Civil War at least.

Opm is almost satirizing the idea of a random guy becoming a god just for the sake of a narrative isn't it?

If anything it pokes fun at our need to provide reasoning for heroes powers and morality by the absurdity of a guy doing it just because.

This

I loved the ending until the giant baby, even with cutting edge cgi of today it would give me douchechills. I'd rather he have went through the..whatever fucking, event horizon what you call it and it cuts to black maybe with the music staying.

After the monolith is entered, the movie's narrative disappears and it's just random ideas put together relating to the advancement and elevation of human kind.

Book literally describes what the fuck that trippy montage is supposed to mean

>2deep4you
>probably thinks Josh Brolin was the main character too

Thanks for this post, lad

Totally fucking unnecessary

GUNSHOT FADE TO BLACK

clearly you have never had a spiritual revelation on psychedelics.
it's as tasteful as a film representation of enlightenment can get

wait, isn't the character who gets the most screentime the main character?