ITT: on-set accidents

>Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017). Stunt double Olivia Jackson was severely injured in a motorcycle accident on set in South Africa in September 2015, leaving her in a medically-induced coma for two weeks. During a high-speed motorcycle chase, she collided with a camera arm. Among Jackson's injuries were cerebral trauma, a crushed and degloved face, a severed artery in her neck, a paralyzed arm, several broken ribs, a shattered scapula, a broken clavicle, torn fingers with a thumb that needed to be amputated, and five nerves torn out of her spinal cord.[223] Her paralyzed left arm was amputated in June 2016.[224] Days after Jackson's accident, crew member Ricardo Cornelius was crushed to death by a Hummer H1 that slid off a platform he was operating.[225]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4
youtube.com/watch?v=1CoLFf6BtlI
youtube.com/watch?v=erdIuJEIP1k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_accidents
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is a degloved face?

Holy shit. And people wonder why film makers use CGI doubles.

you really really don't want to GIS that

>Titanic: On the final night of shooting in Nova Scotia, 80 cast and crew members were hospitalized after pranksters spiked the clam chowder at the catering area with PCP.[118]

Ever seen faceoff? like that, but without anesthetic and at the speed you would normally rip off a bandaid

Skin torn off.

>The Passion of the Christ (2004). In playing the role of Jesus Christ, Jim Caviezel sustained gashes to his back from multiple whippings, hypothermia, and a separated shoulder from carrying a giant cross. He was also struck by lightning before filming the Sermon of the Mount scene.[44]

Skin and flest ripped straight of the bone.
Google it, shit's fucked.

>The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014). While filming the scene where Jennifer Lawrence's character, Katniss Everdeen, leads a rebellion against the Capitol through a tunnel filled with smoke, a malfunctioning fog machine emitted too much smoke, causing her to collapse and cough heavily from the fumes.[202]

She looks ok considering her face was "torn off"

>Syriana (2005). George Clooney broke his spine in a stunt gone wrong. The injury was so painful that he contemplated committing suicide while recovering.[92]

>one person had to be horribly mutilated and another had to die to pump out this boring piece of shit sequel that nobody wanted or asked for

What did they mean by this?

She looks fantastic, I expected much worse.

>Troy (2004). Brad Pitt who played Achilles had a mishap during the production and tore his left achilles tendon.[24]

>You feel it too don't you?

these are kinda funny

Thetis was clearly not satisfied by Pitt's depiction of her son

imagine saran wrap fresh out of the factory,

looks smooth and clean,

not you unwrapped some of the roll messily to wrap a sandwich.

halfway through you stopped and tried to rewrap
the messy wrap back into the roll.

Does it look anywhere close to how it originally was.

Answer is fuck no that shit came clean off and would never go back on right

>During the filming of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Viggo Mortensen broke two of his toes kicking a helmet. As he fell to his knees, that specific take was incorporated into the scene.[102] Some time after this accident, he also almost drowned in a current. In addition, Mortensen chipped a tooth in the Battle of Helm's Deep.

A movie so shit it cripples people.

> He was also struck by lightning before filming the Sermon of the Mount scene.[44]
truely the work of allah

>Enter the Dragon (1972). During a fight scene, Robert Wall accidentally slashed Bruce Lee in the arm with a broken bottle. After the wound healed, Lee legitimately kicked Wall during the re-shoot with such force that an extra broke his arm trying to catch Wall.[46]

>Haunted Spooks (1920). On the set of a publicity shoot that took place while filming, actor and comedian Harold Lloyd picked up what he thought was a prop bomb with the fuse lit but realized too late the bomb was real. It detonated, blowing off the thumb and first finger of his right hand and also temporarily blinding him. For the rest of his career, Lloyd concealed his missing fingers with a prosthetic glove.[5]

Punished Jackson.

>whiny actors the post

>Rocky IV (1985). Demanding a sense of realism in the boxing match between Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago, Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren agreed to legitimately spar with each other. Stallone was airlifted from Canada to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California, and placed on intensive care for eight days after Lundgren delivered a hard punch to his chest, causing his heart to swell and his blood pressure to exceed 200.[85][86]

Brandon Lee died during a mishap on the set. A scene required a gun to be loaded, cocked, and then pointed at the camera. Because of the close-range of the shot, the dummy cartridges loaded had real brass caps, bullet, but no powder. After the cut, the props master (not the arms master - he had left the set for the day) dry-fired the gun to get the cock off, knocking the projectile/bullet into the barrel of the gun. The next scene to be filmed involving that gun was the rape of Shelly. The gun was loaded with blanks (which usually contain double or triple the powder of a normal cartridge to make a loud noise). Lee entered the set carrying a bag of groceries containing an explosive blood pack. The script called for Funboy (Michael Massee) to shoot Eric Draven (Lee) as he entered the room, triggering the blood pack. The bullet that was stuck in the barrel was blasted at Lee through the bag he was carrying, killing him. The footage of his death was subsequently developed and used as evidence in the investigation into his death. As part of the lawsuit settlement, the footage was later destroyed.

>In 1991 during the filming for 'Point Break' Keanu Reeves (whose role involved playing rookie FBI agent 'Johnny Utah') was surfing with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his co-stars rushed to help, Reeves held out an arm infront of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Lori Petty (who played the character Tyler Endicott in the film) "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The crew, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

this will always make me laugh

Who the fuck would bring a real bomb to a movie set?

That was a good movie.

Remember when the White Hand orc tosses a knife at Aragorn and Aragon bats it away with his sword?

That was a bad take, the knife was supposed to miss entirely

Imagine if he HADN'T blocked it

In the 1920s release of Ben Hur.

During filming, the staged fire on one of the triremes got out of control, sending armor-clad extras overboard. Whether any died is debatable. Bosely Crowther (The Lion's Share, 1957) reports that no one died, although three men dressed as Roman soldiers showed up after being missing for three days. Others maintained that some deaths did occur but were covered-up by the studio. Brownlow again quotes Bushman as saying to Niblo, "My God, Fred, they're drowning, I tell you!" as they watched the catastrophe. Niblo supposedly answered, "I can't help it, those ships cost me $40,000 apiece."

It must be terrible for a person who lives for physical action.

On the bright side she's got the Furiosa role locked in for Mad Max Wasteland now

For some reason the use of the word "mishap" just seems in poor taste when somebody died.

yeah she got a little bit famous for 15 minutes after that.

based maritimers

nice trips

Lee got mad at and accident and tried to hurt another? Not cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4

The worst part are the children.

>be hollywood jew director
>"hey lets compare american GIs to Nazis in that short film im making"
>proceed to kill 2 vietnamese kids in your project

bravo

Oh wait, I read this thinking it was about the actress. I, perhaps heartlessly, feel a little relieved, as the possibility of incidents is the primary reason they're paid at all.

Holy shit, did John Landis produce this movie?

>Irreversible
>After spending 3 days filming the 15 minute rape scene, Monica Bellucci had to spend a week in hospital, recovering from a ruptured sphincter. She had to apply a healing salve every 3 minutes. In later interviews she described it as "the best time of my life".

>Who the fuck would bring a real bomb to a movie set?
CIA?

youtube.com/watch?v=1CoLFf6BtlI

weeeew

youtube.com/watch?v=erdIuJEIP1k

first one had some accidents as well.

This one changed a lot of rules in Hollywood.

>During the filming of the "Time Out" segment directed by Landis on July 23, 1982, at around 2:30 a.m., actor Vic Morrow and child actors Myca Dinh Le (age 7) and Renee Shin-Yi Chen (Chinese: 陳欣怡; pinyin: Chén Xīnyí, age 6) died in an accident involving a helicopter being used on the set. The two child actors were hired in violation of California law, which prohibits child actors from working at night or in proximity to explosions, and requires the presence of a teacher or social worker. During the subsequent trial, the illegality of the children's hiring was admitted by the defense, with Landis admitting culpability for that (but not the accident), and admitting that their hiring was "wrong"

Jared leto

look like the deglovws part was on the right side near the ear. The right ear seems to stretch and attach to the head at an awkard place. It was probably the place where they re-attached her de-gloved part backt to her face.

maybe there are damages on the side with hair covered too. Wud still bang though

>Matrix
>Whilst shooting The Matrix, a wheelchair bound man approached Keanu Reeves in hopes of an autograph. To which the actor reacted with some dismay, taking the hold of the mans wheel char and pushing him into oncoming traffic. Bystanders reported Keanu shouting "Go Hot Wheels, Go", as he pushed the crippled man's wheelchair into a busy intersection.

>to get the cock off
Does that mean to decock the hammer?

What sort of retard actually fires a gun to decock it?

i giggled

I wanted it and asked for it, bitch.

>Go Hot Wheels, Go"
hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Viggo is an asshole anyways fuck him

Of course he was just an angry manlet

It's why he never actually fought people

Why?

Boo fucking hoo

kys

My friend had to amputate her ring finger after it got degloved during a concert. We were standing at the front, up to the fence. People were pushing, and she fell over. Her wedding ring got stuck in the fence at the same time as she fell down, and just dragged of all the skin and flesh. It basically looked like a condom, and her finger was just a thin bone covered in some flesh. Absolutely gross.

>on the final night of filming, director James Cameron sabotaged the ship they were shooting on, causing it to sink, and killing over 1,500 cast and crew.[619]

It wasnt a "real bomb", it was a prop bomb that was explosive, as opposed to a non-explosive prop. It was basically just a big firecracker. Had it been an actual bomb he wouldn't have lived to tell it.

>(but not the accident)
>Helicopter pilot says to Landis: "I can't fly too low or the pyrotechnics will fuck me up."
>Pyro says "tell the pilot to fly higher or I'll have to make smaller explosions."
>Landis tells pilot to fly low; the explosions will be smaller
>Tells pyro to make explosions bigger; the helo will fly higher
>mfw he is responsible for the decapitation of a man and two children.

DONT TELL MAX

LOWER!!! LOWER!!!

L O W E RR!!!!!!!

>degloved face
unholy fuck

>During filming, assistant director Jan Michelini was struck twice by lightning. Minutes later, Jim Caviezel was also struck.
Zeus be damned.

I WANT IT
I NEED IT
TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED

(((they))) can't keep getting away with it!

>Red Heat (1988). Stuntman and director Bennie Dobbins suffered a fatal heart attack whilst filming a fight scene in freezing conditions outdoors in Austria. The scene required Arnold Schwarzenegger and another actor to fight near-naked in deep snow. Dobbins over-exerted himself trying to install fan heaters in the snow to prevent the actors suffering hypothermia.[93]

not bad considering her face got ripped off

anyone got a before and after

>The Last Samurai (2003). During filming of the final battle sequence, a horse's hind leg kicked an extra in the groin. Despite the pain, the extra, who was playing a Samurai foot soldier, remained standing and composed. The incident can be clearly seen in the movie.[102]

faggot

He is an asshole, he took the role even though he thinks LotR is a pile of dogshit. I can't stand actors who take on roles that way.

>P.S. I Love You (2007). While filming a comedic stripping scene, Gerard Butler's suspender strap snapped off and hit Hilary Swank in the forehead, requiring stitches to patch up the cut.[24]

wrong, he didn't know anything about it but his son urged him to do it because he liked it

>G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009). During an explosion effects misfire, Sienna Miller's suit caught fire, igniting the area between her breasts.[44][156]

>gets face ripped off her skull and surgically reattached
>still 5+ points better looking than i will ever be

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_accidents
>Ctrl+F "Halle Berry"
>6 results

>Die Another Day (2002). Halle Berry injured an eye from the debris of a smoke grenade. In the sex scene with Pierce Brosnan, she nearly choked to death with a fig in her mouth.[44]

Will she ever catch a break?

Source?

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

kys

Video?

kek

Manlets...will they ever learn?