STARSHIP TROOPERS REBOOT

>hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/starship-troopers-reboot-works-943882?facebook_20161103

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/spotlight/stargate-reboot-trilogy-roland-emmerich-dean-devlin-1201795494/
deadline.com/2016/06/battlestar-galactica-francis-lawrence-lisa-joy-universal-pictures-1201770133/
youtube.com/watch?v=l-97DMohl6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Been literally wanting a remake of nothing more then this for the last few years.

Then
>the writing duo behind the upcoming Zac Efron-Dwayne Johnson 'Baywatch will write the script for the alien-bug war film.

JUST

Fuck you and your monkey paw.

They can't fuck it up more than that hack Verhoeven, r-right guys?

fuck off reddit

You fuck off! Verhoeven is a useless cunt!

in before the many articles and threads showing how shit the cgi looks compared to the verhoeven film

>t.reddit

time to die

Kek, the movie is neither old nor poorly made. It looked amazing for its time and still looks great. What IS there to reboot? I saw it for the first time a few months back.

>REBOOT

I fucking bet this is going to be PG-13

>T. I haven't read the book and don't have a clue what I'm talking about

>The studio is not remaking the film but is said to be going back to the original Heinlein novel for an all-new take
Powersuits armed with nukes and jetpacks capable of a km jump confirmed

Is the reboot supposed to actually follow the book? I know they're not the same at all but that argument is completely irrelevant here. The movie is good.

>reboot

>The studio is not remaking the film but is said to be going back to the original Heinlein novel for an all-new take. No personnel from the 1997 film are involved.

This is the only positive thing I read. And even then It wouldn't hurt to have Ironside somewhere in the movie.

As if they'll do anything that interesting. It'll just be regular infantry and mindless bugs again, except without the satire.

yeah I mean, we already have all the movies and shows we could ever want, why do they still make them????

>T. I haven't read the article where it explicitly states they aren't remaking the film but are following the fucking buck

Inb4 it depicts the evil white Federation as evil Nazis and the bugs as the tragic villains, whom are saved by a black hero turned traitor.

I just hope they actually make a good movie this time.

Book's not that great. Other than tone and 'message', I wouldn't even say its TOO different from the film. I don't think I'd watch the reboot.

T. I literally just confirmed I haven't read the book whatsoever

The book is very different. The humans use power armor and are dropped from the sky and they use tactical nukes.

The bugs are actually intelligent too, using guns and spaceships and shit. They're also allied with these tribal aliens.

the t. is lowercase, don't use memes you don't understand, Redd*t

They had power armor in the movies too I thought.
Aliens were definitely intelligent in the movie too, but yea, no guns. They MENTION spaceships or space travel in the movies.

The later movies are more true to the book and, while low budget, are actually pretty decent.

>They had power armor in the movies too I thought

Maybe in the crappy sequels. They had mechs (and the tribal aliens) in the surprisingly decent cartoon. Nothing in the original though.

Starship Troopers had their chance. Two chances actually.

I only say this to avoid disappointment, it's going to be either as bad or worse than those franchise killing movies.

>They had power armor in the movies too I thought.
No, fucking no, no they didn't

>t. wannabe meme commander

If you think anyone in hollywood will make a film faithful to a book that advocates for fascism, you're fucking deluded.

>there are people who never watched Roughnecks

nigga that's halo 3

>Halo 3

Dont tell me thats real. if so what the fuck happened?

This, just like the other Verhoeven remakes. Why the fuck bother jesus christ. The only good things that have been ST since the first film were Roughnecks and that CG anime.

Shut up Ender

It's the third movie i think.
It really was not that good.
Then they made a CGI only movie, which is quite terrible as well

For fuck sake... first they reboot Rambo and now this...

JUST FUCKING STOP

All these fucking reboots

>fuck up Robocop reboot
>fuck up Total Recall reboot

>hey let's reboot Starship Troopers

why do they do this lads? Starship Troopers was literally perfect, there's no need for this.

They are going to fuck it up and completely leave out what made the first movie so great. It's going to be a mindless action flick with a PG13 rating and no social commentary or humor.

are they gonna have power armor this time instead of knock off Colonial Marines shit

>They can't fuck it up more than that hack Verhoeven

That movie was a subversive masterpiece you illiterate cretin. Fuck the source material.

>I haven't read the book

The book was trash from trash and those who want a faithful rendition are also trash.

>it's PG-13
>the bugs don't bleed everywhere
>the guns and armor will be redesigned to be tacticool and black
>the humans will not die in horrible over-the-top violent ways
>the satire will be entirely unfunny if present at all and will mostly be topical twitter-trend tier commentary
>it will underwhelm at the box office and will be forgotten about in less than four months post-release

Cap this

It's another "take an older, campier series and put a polish of shit and grime on it" remake.

Watch the anime for source purity
>it's total shit

>starship troopers reboot
>they'll cast an uggo black chick as dizzy
>they'll drop all the nude scenes

This movie is a fucking masterpiece.

They will miss the point with a reboot. Misconstrue the violence for glorification, play down the sarcastic camp for buddy comedy nonsense... it will be a wash.

*raises spork*
Um, guys?

RICO
YOU ARE RELIEVED OF SQUAD COMMAND

Reminder that Stargate and Battlestar also have reboots coming.

variety.com/2016/film/spotlight/stargate-reboot-trilogy-roland-emmerich-dean-devlin-1201795494/

deadline.com/2016/06/battlestar-galactica-francis-lawrence-lisa-joy-universal-pictures-1201770133/

>reboot is closer to the source material
>ends up being everything the 1997 movie was mocking

No. It will be Facisim bad. But without any satire, because that would overload the brains of todays people

youtube.com/watch?v=l-97DMohl6o
Cartoon-warkino

IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
they cant get away with this

Yeah no shit
What a redundant post

Nothing is sacred anymore.

>people who can't enjoy the film and book as distinct pieces of fiction with different purposes, merits, flaws etc
The real plebs

>not with a cast of hillarious women

No sale for me

can't somebody please nuke hollywood?

Fuck Verhoeven. Pinko commie piece of shit.

I hope the Chinese buy all of Hollywood, round up the uncreatives and send their families the bills for the bullets.

I realized that after I read about the Jumanji-reboot.

I bet they're just waiting for Micheal J fox to kick the bucket to finally remake/reboot BttF.

Fuck you mang Invasion is good

So its guaranteed to be shit then, thanks for clearing that up.

>Powersuits armed with nukes and jetpacks capable of a km jump confirmed

so it's going to be GI JOE 1 tier bad

That lazy eye tho.

3 is subtitled Marauder, which is the power-suit they end up using.

3 was straight to dvd and almost entirely self-funded by Van Dien.

>I'm from Buenos Aires.

More white argentinians fighting alien bugs.

>ywn see a gritty, true to the book, three part mini series of Starship Troopers

Fuck this gay earth

fucking hell

Still the best rendition

Movie > Book

The book was just fascist propaganda gibberish

powersuits would make it gay as hell.

Nope. I've seen better film on teeth. That abortion of a film is the only movie I walked out on.

How is the anime OVA

>someone disagrees with me
>they must be Reddit

Never change Sup Forums

Best in thread.

This

But the movie made fascism look great as well. Though granted that was unintended.

Um user this post was actually very hurtful to my feelings in vague ways that I can't explain right now, please unsay the thing you said, oh wait, you can't you said it and my feelings are hurt and nothing can change that

>1997 Starship Troopers
>sacred

Kys

>going back to the original Heinlein novel
this can't go well
1) the novel isn't very visually interesting, there are like two short battles, the best stuff are Ricos inner monologues and Heinleins jerking over utopic futuristic militant society.
2) I can't imagine (((producers))) staying faithful to "fascism is great". They either drop everything and just make dumb blockbuster, or condescendingly smash over your head how fascism is bad and make even dumber blockbuster
3) going back to the book is just excuse for powersuits and Transformers-tier ludicrous CGI probably worse looking than in 97

>by producer of remake of Total Recall
just kill me already

How the fuck was it fascist? Take your lips off reddit's dick for a second and actually read the book.

t. born in 1998

There's no way they will include any of the satire and it will literally be a blockbuster humans vs bugs film

>only the ones indoctrinated by the military can vote
>how is it fascist???

Get your head out of your ass

>REBOOT