Bandcamp Thread

Post your music and feedback of other peoples music and get some feedback your way.
Post and leavers who don't give feedback should be ignored.

Other urls found in this thread:

ilovetang.bandcamp.com/album/ill-try-harder-next-time
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-5
trpx.bandcamp.com/
sosia.bandcamp.com/album/utopia-mirage
hateshinaithuzad.bandcamp.com/releases
christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/ritual-chair-christian-lovers-split
superlust.bandcamp.com/album/babymorpher
superlust.bandcamp.com/album/rot-maschine
surrogat.bandcamp.com/track/hibakusha
chaudezero.bandcamp.com
lonelyghost.bandcamp.com/album/funereal
superlust.bandcamp.com/
1in10.bandcamp.com/track/gone-home-varia
motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind
rateyourmusic.com/artist/motel-guide
discogs.com/search/?style_exact=Power Pop
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/2-corinthians-5-10
fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases
alicedreamt.bandcamp.com/album/little-loves
youtube.com/watch?v=Yo261oAVvlo
pierchan.bandcamp.com/album/halloween-hits-vol-2
soundcloud.com/user-472629891/ticket-to-stay
soundcloud.com/user-472629891/dream-city-acoustic-version
soundcloud.com/user-472629891/freon
soundcloud.com/blpc/saw3
animo510.bandcamp.com/track/awareness
qqq-music.bandcamp.com/album/places-i-dont-like
tulumbalar.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=nvYfN70CGpk
bullheaduk.bandcamp.com/releases
mjttnetworkmusic.bandcamp.com/
neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-vegas
soundcloud.com/90sneptune/fly
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ilovetang.bandcamp.com/album/ill-try-harder-next-time
>dream pop, power pop, alternative
Also does anyone have experience recording live shows with a ZOOM or similar personal recorder off a mixerboard?
Also if anyone's in Toronto near Christmas and wants to come to our show see pic related, tickets are only $5 at the door.

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-5

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings, loops, noise

i love zoom h2n, I use it to record shows and rehearsals

trpx.bandcamp.com/
>lofi
>experimental
>glitch

sosia.bandcamp.com/album/utopia-mirage

>ambient made by mostly processed guitar kinda droney at times

zoom team here

sounds great, like that

hateshinaithuzad.bandcamp.com/releases
>beats/instrumental, phonk, cloud beats, memphis

You should change your name to Trap'thuzad.

christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/ritual-chair-christian-lovers-split
>Noise, Powerviolence, Improvisational, Black Metal

check out our new split :)

I like the vocal samples used

superlust.bandcamp.com/album/babymorpher

>sample based french house
>filter heaven
nsfw artwork warning

also

superlust.bandcamp.com/album/rot-maschine

>raw acid bangers

gonna listen to your shit now and leave feedback

surrogat.bandcamp.com/track/hibakusha
>Power Electronics, Field Recordings, Sound Collage, Ambient

would love to get some feedback on this new track, thanks

love how innovative this BM is, great vocal work too
sounds super professional and clean, not sure how much of that is the samples but good job either way

i really hate twangy sounding acoustic guitars, also the mixing is fucking shite. it's like everything is at the exact same volume.
vocal harmonies are nice. maybe i just really don't like this style of music. dime a dozen imho.

some of the sounds are really interesting, i love everything drenched in thick feedback. the compositions are a tad bit boring tho.
also it was mastered? lol, sounds like shit but i guess that in the end it adds to the vibe.

it's a mixed bag. those low-fi sounding mid-cut drums are ticking me off. i hate that sound and everything about it. also the way you composed the drums are really annoying.
the synths on the other hand are very interesting, i love the glitchy vocal sounding stuff in the second track.
fix your drums and send some demos to my label, seriously.

i know it's meant to be ambient but everything is just way too fucking quiet. and a bit boring too. i ended up skipping through most of it, just to see if there's anything interesting later on.
there wasn't.
however i do appreciate the mood you're trying to set with these tracks. some of the textures are interesting but it wasn't pleasant overall.

soo goddamn generic. the drums sound really boring, like you just pulled in a preset and didn't change shit about it. shame because some of the drum patterns are cool.
you are the opposite of sosia, everything is way louder than it should be. go easy on that reverb next time.

it all sounds really really empty, probably cause of the reverb overuse. it's like shouting for half an hour into a tin can. i thought noise supposed to sound full. guess i was wrong.

I am not gonna sign to a label that wont help me develop my songs. No free money for you, sorry!

it's really flat overall, like no dynamic what so ever. also the noise burst made me jump in terror. that "kick" sounds like wet farts, very unpleasant.
but hey at least it is interesting. i have no idea what your intentions were with this, but it's unusual to say the least. i am intrigued

>sounds super professional and clean, not sure how much of that is the samples but good job either way
30% of it is the samples, 70% of it is wasting almost eight years on mixing and mastering with below average audio equipment. if you had seen the shitty headphones and speakers i work with you'd be even more impressed.

chaudezero.bandcamp.com

>industrial rock
>lo-fi goth
>post-punk

I really dig the melodies here (especially the vocal harmonies), found it pretty sincere.

"Nobody Will Ever Forgive Me" is a great cut, i love how you've mixed power electronics with influences from bm and sludge.

signing? money? we make almost no money off this and we're just three blokes who care about music so forget contracts and shit like that.
i just thought your tracks worth more listeners than you probably get on your own bandcamp.
no free handouts for you, sorry!

lonelyghost.bandcamp.com/album/funereal
>dark dreamy lofi
>ffo Have a nice life, elvis depressedly

>i really hate twangy sounding acoustic guitars
We didn't record any acoustic guitars, the rhythm guitar used is a squier
>the mixing is fucking shite
It wasn't even properly mixed or mastered since we had no time because of life and our singer going 300 miles away for school so we had 3 days to record and compile and thats basically it.
Also explain how our sound is a dime a dozen and what supposed label you own?
rec
Xing Fu is really chill, love the vocal samples
Fade is nice stuff
Wish the percussion were more interesting but rest of the featured track is good
rec
Not really my thing, seems very horror though

I just noticed I was the only one you gave quite positive feedback, thanks for that, but that does not change the fact that I would not want 3 blokes to handout my music. When (if) my music will be good people will come.

I have no idea what I'm doing mixing-wise so I guess that's no surprise. also with all the noise being just Logic synths pushed to the brink, I've had a lot of trouble getting them to do what I want. thanks for the feedback

radiowireempire.bandcamp.com
>sugary dark pop

i am not a robot

Not a fan of the vocal samples you used at the beginning, singing needs some more charisma in my opinion.
Bass lines were very good though.

it sounded acoustic anyway, my ears can be wrong on non-synthetic instruments.
>It wasn't even properly mixed or mastered since we had no time because of life and our singer going 300 miles away for school so we had 3 days to record and compile and thats basically it.
you had 3 days to record that shit, but couldn't spare another 2 to mix it. you don't need a full fucking band to mix something, you just need the recordings and one guy who is at least competent in mixing. not an excuse.
>explain how our sound is a dime a dozen
it literally sounds like every other twangy power pop band out there. then again it's not your fault, there just really no room in this style for experimentation.
>what supposed label you own?
superlust.bandcamp.com/
we've been running for almost four years now and still can't afford a goddamn URL that isn't as basic as this. so i guess it isn't much but we're trying.

it's okay man, i just know exactly how hard it is to make it on your own. opportunities are rare, there's a hundred-thousand other artists like you out there trying to make it and even a small time labels like ours could be a major stepping stone.
i sent your stuff to the other guys and they're nowhere near as enthusiastic as me, so sorry about that.
i just hope the best for you user.

1in10.bandcamp.com/track/gone-home-varia
>Plunderphonics
>Music made purely from sampling the sounds of burning norwegian churches and stabbing of Euronymous

Time for my triweekly bandcamp thread post.

motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind

>bedroom folk
>singer-songwriter
>american primitive fingerpicked acoustic type stuff

Some of my favorite stuff I've heard from these threads, will always recc ya. Those new songs on that split are as expected great, that guitar work on the back half of You Felt Safe is wonderful. I swear I'm generally not even a fan of dream pop type stuff but you really know how to sell it. Keep it up man.
Listening to the new release, sounds great so far. I remember being really impressed by your last one. It's funny, the genre tags make it seem like it could be pretty unfocused and self indulgent but it's honestly the exact opposite. All the noisier/ambient/dissonant elements are incorporated so incredibly well. I mean the songs themselves have such a tight groove to them that adding all that extra stuff just colors it in in a really interesting way.

Goddamn Next To The Cattle is some next level shit. Again I'm more than impressed.

Oh and I also meant to say thanks to whoever made me an RYM page. Saw it through my bandcamp stats.

rateyourmusic.com/artist/motel-guide

There it is if anyone wants to officially tell me my music is shit.

>I have no idea what I'm doing mixing-wise
my thought exactly. you got something going on there with all the weird sounds, it doesn't sound good but it sounds unique in a sense. i suggest you lurk /prod/ now and then (when it isn't totally dead that is). those anons can help you with all the more sophisticated parts of sound design.
or just shit on your demos relentlessly.

where do i even begin with this?
the drums are amazing, you nailed the post punk drum machine sound on the head with this.
sadly, it's the only positive thing i can say about it. the mix is fucked, like really fucked. the vocals are way too loud, to the point where it's annoying and just suppresses everything else. i see that you're trying to do that "raw and distorted" sound but it's just not the way you do it. the guitars sound generic and dry. the composition is interesting with all the small breaks but it's not executed well and ends up pretty bad. i'd replace everything with synths but then again i'm kinda poisoned with that mentality so don't listen to me.

so lo-fi means everything has way too much gain on it? damn.
sure it sounds warm but also made my ears bleed. other than that it's just generic guitar pop. emphasis on the generic.

>not linking one specific release
don't expect me to listen to 3+ hours of your shit, there are other anons in this thread that need to be shat on.

>you don't need a full fucking band to mix something, you just need the recordings and one guy who is at least competent in mixing. not an excuse.
Im not making excuses, theyre just demos we recorded quickly. Im not calling them professional tracks.
>it literally sounds like every other twangy power pop band out there
Like which ones specifically?
Also whats it like working in music in Hungary of all places?

an amazing masterpiece in sound design, composition, songwriting, mixing and mastering.
literally can't find a flaw, 10/10, downloaded. your music will be taught in schools one day.
i'd even sent you some money if i had any.
you're doing god's work.

everything sounds clear and crisp, except for the vocals but even those are passable.
i'm not gonna shit all over your songwriting cause i just really don't like music like this.
the mix is cool tho.

>Like which ones specifically?
discogs.com/search/?style_exact=Power Pop :^)

>Also whats it like working in music in Hungary of all places?
no bookings, zero appreciation, all of our profits coming from shilling our music in places like Sup Forums.
it's hell.

>i'm not gonna shit all over your songwriting cause i just really don't like music like this.
Fair enough, thanks for the thoughts anyways. I got no clue what I'm doing when it comes to mixing so I'm glad that sounded alright.

>:^)
well meme'd
>no bookings, zero appreciation, all of our profits coming from shilling our music in places like Sup Forums. it's hell.
Hungarian government doesn't give a shit about arts grants or do they have major national labels in Hungary?

>Hungarian government doesn't give a shit about arts grants or do they have major national labels in Hungary?
there are art grants but only if a member of your band is somehow related to a gov official or if you make radio compatible shitty alt-rock that can be shilled on government owned radio stations. the government owns most of the radios so getting airplay as an electronic act is impossible. festivals are mostly run by gov-close companies too - meaning that it's impossible to get in on the two or three grand electronic festivals if you're not a "big" name artist like martin fucking garrix.
it's been getting a lot worse lately, like fresh artists being shoved to the side to make place for generic cookie cutter bullshit.
our only hopes are smaller clubs and venues, but those have been getting raided by the police recently mostly looking for drugs.
see the thing is our government is very much against liberals and since club culture demands at least a bit of open mindedness (and a shitton of drugs) it's getting progressively harder.
i'll probably just give up or move to berlin.

speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/2-corinthians-5-10

jusr put out a new song
>mathrock
>shoegaze
>midwest emo
giving feedback after lunch

>
>an amazing masterpiece in sound design, composition, songwriting, mixing and mastering.
>literally can't find a flaw, 10/10, downloaded. your music will be taught in schools one day.
>i'd even sent you some money if i had any.
>you're doing god's work.
thanks.
you could spread the link if you want. i think this track has something like 2 plays total.

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>Alternative
>Jazz
>Pop probably

alicedreamt.bandcamp.com/album/little-loves

Will check some stuff out in a bit.

I'm not sure he was being entirely sincere.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo261oAVvlo

pierchan.bandcamp.com/album/halloween-hits-vol-2
>Halloween themed
>Synthpop
>Synthwave
Only two more days til Halloween! Better get hyped by listening to some spooky Halloween tunes :-)

recs:
I want to see lo-fi goth become a thing. This is neat.
good atmosphere here

this video btfos like everyone in these thrreads.

rec
trpx.bandcamp.com/
rec (also good cover photo)
ok here's my shit:
a recent acoustic demo/beatles rewrite: soundcloud.com/user-472629891/ticket-to-stay
soundcloud.com/user-472629891/dream-city-acoustic-version
soundcloud.com/user-472629891/freon
duster-style grunge
and an electronic thing from an r9k themed sample:
soundcloud.com/blpc/saw3

oh shit r u bob dylan/the baned???

animo510.bandcamp.com/track/awareness
>ambient
>downtempo

bump

qqq-music.bandcamp.com/album/places-i-dont-like

Returning and giving feedback

>modular analog ect

>Music made purely from sampling the sounds of burning norwegian churches and stabbing of Euronymous

yes I agree

this started as a joke but idk
tulumbalar.bandcamp.com/releases

THE OPPOSITE OF AMBIENT MUSIC. IT FUCKING BORES ME.

===BULLHEAD===
bullheaduk.bandcamp.com/releases
>Sludge metal
First demo out today!
Cassettes available

Cool, i like that obscurity there. Also, love any language not only fucking boring americans. Remove $1 and I'll download the album

Mine: mjttnetworkmusic.bandcamp.com/
over 84 full free albums of jazzy lo-fi beats, house, ambient, dub, psy, techno, abstract electronics etc

Great vocals, pretty cool overall sound. Nice atmosphere but the vocals can be improved
Pretty decent, although could be a little more original sounding. But nicely done if not generic synthpop/wave

Me:

much appreciated man, i think you can download it for free now.

bc

neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-vegas

sc

soundcloud.com/90sneptune/fly

Is there a meaning to any of these lyrics or is it a bunch of bullshit? cant tell if I'm a brainlet or not

Hah, I don't think I'm the best lyricist but I do spend a good bit of time on them. I may not be the best at articulating what I mean but I promise it's not all just bullshit.

bump