When's the next big music scene coming

when's the next big music scene coming
vaporwave is dead
trap is dying
edm is dead
poptimists isn't cool anymore

grime never took off
alt r&b just seems like it's always going to be the little sister to other genres like its always been

art rock never took off

the shoegaze revival failed because it was trustfund babies with no talent
hipster black metal failed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rk6_Ax0mQo
youtube.com/watch?v=IWW8PbclQKY
youtube.com/watch?v=qHZDI_eqsnw
youtube.com/watch?v=wrrbEjJEVz4
youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PC Music 3.0

“HEY LOOK, I CAN MAKE GENERALIZATIONS”

Cyberpunk
Like digital hardcore but with an 80s futurism twist

you went to a machine girl concert recently didn't you

Whatever it is, I hope they take that bullshit reverb off of everything. I liked it a few years back but it's really getting tiring now. Not every act should be Cocteau Twins.

it will be some latin american thing no one listens to but sort of has to to seem hip, pushed by some godawful major like universal

ASMRGAZE

I have never listened to Machine Girl. I just feel like the influx of Cyberpunk movies is gonna make people do it.

BIG BEAT REVIVAL
I
G

B
E
A
T

REVIVAL

matrix reboot when

Reggaeton. Despacito proves that people all over the world will eat it up. Puerto Rico is about to be the new Jamaica.

nah brown people just have crazy nationalism
the 1st worlders already forgot about that song

A bit of a new wave revival with darker aspects like King Krule and Big Walnuts Yonder.

Oh you know what it is, it's going to be grime.
>in the 80s post-punk developed as an outgrowth of punk, and in the 2000s and 10s grime developed as an outgrowth of hip hop
>both scenes spent the whole decade bubbling under but never quite breaking through to the mainstream, offering a fresh alternative for people who were into it
We need a Nirvana of grime to kill off the trap rap pop bullshit.

>vaporwave is dead

>next big music scene coming
I hope none's coming, finally
fuck off with your revivals and fads

2020's 90's revival is coming. Prepare thyself.

a variation of hip hop + pop by white people is the next thing

Artsy revival of nu-metal and 2000s emo pop

90s revival has been coming for a looong time. It's not going to happen. I've given up.

Big band jazz metal obviously

Emo revival will become as popular as second wave emo was when Diary came out, ushering in a new wave of post-revival emo that Sup Forums will listen to while lamenting how mainstream Camping in Alaska and Mom Jeans has become. Screencap this.

Also what the fuck happened to DJ Rashad footwork shit, how come that never got big
I'm kind of disappointed now that I'm thinking about that again

assblasted art hoe detected

it died in 2012 idiot

2000s revival next
it's always 20 years so in 3 years get ready for breakcore or folktronica or something
fuck i feel old

oh and fucking speed garage
that's prob happening already

Now that ironic internet aesthetics are becoming mainstream, we'll get a chiptune/PC Music wave with clean beats and singers that sound like robots designed to replace the members of Girls Aloud

you're onto something. Post Malone is just the tip of the ice-berg for what's about to come

the internet's eroding all music scenes
at some point it becomes meaningless meandering
listen to modern underground, it's the sound of nihil, nothing.
the sound of not knowing and not being able to find out what "your" sound is

Noise Pop
Get FUCKin reADY

LOLcore and Gendersmash

Death Grips already bringing back numetal.

machine girl is definitely cyberpunk but definitely not mainstream yet. they will probably have to sacrifice a lot of the aggression they have now if they're gonna become mainstream

that would be either fun or emberrassing

distributed conformity

it's true i see the same types of people in every city in the world now

i wonder if theres a bar somewhere in africa full of africans with square beards and plaid shirts

This is the most logical outcome.
Kids whoa re now nearing 20 grew up with scene and emo music, in less than 10 years, we will be hit with a wall of shitty nostalgia explosion of all these things.

Meme core is next, prepaid for suicide guys

How's that different from kids making shitty bands in the pre-Internet era and playing generic three chord songs?

EUROBEAT

seems right

why care about scenes

fuck I hope Eurobeat comes back.

>the shoegaze revival failed
nice meme.
good records came out and still are

Death Grips, Grimes, Pink Guy, Kanye West and Jason Aldean are already doing a fine job.

post grunge revival

not really
when ppl are still hyped for what mbv and slowdive release

Synthwave

already played out

lol no

damn

maybe Beatles played three-chord songs, but they existed in a different reality where information was distributed in a totally different way, and it was true that they became more popular than Jesus because of that reality. Today 99,999% of three-chord bands can't become more popular that your neighbour who plays his harmonica at night and wakes up the building.

what your talking about is true if you listen to KCRW or follow the "indie scene." there are tons of underground artists who have the balls to pursue an aesthetic+sound with complete tunnel vision. you just don't read about them since "art hoes" and the desperate men surrounding them don't care about the latest band from some small town in some flyover region that sounds like a combo of Tortoise and Metro Boomin.

Machine girls dope! I didn't know anyone knew about them

>combo of Tortoise and Metro Boomin
Whoa whoa whoa. Link please?

It won't be big, but unironic nu-metal revival is actually a thing in the hardcore scene.

Hardcore kids under 25 literally buy Coal Chamber shirts on Ebay and cover Korn's "Blind" for their mosh-intro

even though his music has sounds used in popular songs (808s, sub bass, looped vocals), it's complexity is on the level of rave/jungle producers in the 90's (excl. squarepusher and others like him). it's kind of why dubstep went away in the late 2000s. it's interesting sonically but it clears dancefloors because most cultures aren't used to rhythms that differ too much from 4/4.

>there are tons of underground artists who have the balls to pursue an aesthetic+sound with complete tunnel vision
yeah, that's also my point, but these are individuals, I was talking about scenes and how they're rarely able to do what they were meant to do in the first place

The kids of the late 90's and early 2000's that are getting here didn't grow up with scene or anything like that. Dadrock was a big thing for like two years and then died off, but most people know some. Rap is a big thing, for crying out loud GKMC came out in 2012. These kids where right in the middle of their adolescence. Then consider the pop that was famous around the last few years. Also, their parents likely listened to 80's or early 90's music, while older brothers and cousins are more likely to go through all of the 90's and maybe some early 2000's stuff. Also Vaporwave had a big enough splash to be something of a meme.

What has that lead us to? The Soundcloud rap scene. That's the next thing. That's the music of today's youth. Will there be people who don't fit those characteristics? Of course there will, especially in this day and age where everyone and go for the taste that suits them the most. But in the end the great majority of people grew up with mainstream rap and pop, and maybe some dadrock.

The Beatles didn't really play three-chord songs, they were far more musically interesting than most bands. There's actually a pretty interesting progression of The Beatles, Pink Floyd, U2, Nirvana, Radiohead in terms of musically interesting bands with great pop undertones, making them really popular while if you do analyze their stuff it's actually good music. We haven't had anyone as sort of a torch-carrier for that style afterwards, though.

hahaha I wish. just checked rym now and nothing came up.

but just like slint came out of Louisville of all places playing what became post-rock, there's gonna be that one band/producer away from the "coastal elites" that's gonna shake shit up. in the 80's+even the 90's, nobody took southern rap seriously. now its all over the charts and is the lingua franca of bedroom producers.

I will cap this myself. You may think me crazy now, but I called it.

Yeah but at least from jungle we got IDM and Warp Records, and drum and bass echoes were being heard everywhere in the late 90s and 2000s. Is footwork even going to have any legacy at all? It would be such a shame if it didn't.

grime has a weak stand in america/outside uk while american rap is getting bigger in the uk so idk about that

I want a girl like this to chokefuck on the reg.

90s rave culture is about to have a huge resurgence, I think happy hardcore with modern production tricks could get big in the near future. You can already see traces of 90s rave fashion in streetwear circles and whatnot

Why the fuck was happy hardcore ever a thing
What is the appeal? Does it sound like something that's not complete garbage when you're on X?

i dont think happy hardcore has much potential apart being the edm flavor of the month for a while

She's cute

tfw still blast happy hardcore when closing at work

90s rave fashion has been in revival since mid 2000s with bangface, supersuper, new rave etc

local music is already the next big thing. ppls tastes are diversified enough now that they just want to see good, interesting music in any form happening near them.

any genre-focused "scene" is poseurs trying to hop onto the next big thing. DIY from one's own community is the wave.

that's pretty cool if it's true

>tfw no art hoe fuckgirl

Don't worry my harsh noise project is going to shake up the scene as soon as my mom agrees to buy me a synth.

I’m hoping dungeon synth keeps being rad af. Also black metal will always be p great, and there’s a lot left to do with that

You act like local music is some new concept...nothing you’re saying hasn’t already been true for a long time

It’s posted on Sup Forums p constantly bro

stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. all art hoes brandish some of those qualities

yeah, but there were no modern communications back then

It’s been happening you nigger

Isn't the 80s revival ending. Isn't it time for the 90s

slowcore revival

Danger music revival

Nasheed

Gay European house and techno music is coming. I'm also awaiting breakbeat and drum and bass

hippie tinged indie rock a la mac demarco

The hip-hop/afrobeat/bashment fusion coming out of the UK right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=3rk6_Ax0mQo
youtube.com/watch?v=IWW8PbclQKY
youtube.com/watch?v=qHZDI_eqsnw
youtube.com/watch?v=wrrbEjJEVz4

Bala Club, Naafi, Janus, Staycore, WWWINGS, PTP, Permalnk, Genome 6.66 stuff like that

I dont know. I think music died. Like the fucking very concept of music itself. Its dead.

I think it would be pretty novel if like blackgaze or something went mainstream.

I think you need to take a break. Or just stop listening to new stuff for a while.

Future Garage Reggaeton

it will never become big, it's exclusively a dance culture thing

I think the next big thing will be lo-fi hip hop

shoepunk, like Title Fight and Basement

This is what i want to happen:

Metal: becomes more pretentious, indie and metal fuse together, becomes more experimental, maybe some sort of dance metal later on

Rap: trap dies, soundcloud rap dies, lyricism comes back, instrumentals become more like some nujabes lo fi 23 hour youtube beats stream with an animu pic

Rock: Grunge and shoegaze fuse together creating grungegaze. grimey and dreamy

pop: youtube.com/watch?v=BX-7BlRc_a0

Lo-fi hip hop like emo-rap
It's literally happening right now

>shoepunk
Holy fuck this interests me so much.

shoepunk
shoethrash
showcore

A lot of dead genres would come back if you just mixed them with shoegaze

OLD SCHOOL EBM

I suppose that not necessarily shoegaze but just really working more on timbre. Plus, shoegaze suffered from being really autistic about guitar sound and then not doing much when it comes to the rest of the instruments, or at least the recent shoegaze revival. By pairing with other genres you're given more freedom to experiment musically.