Designer for the new Tottenham (Londok uk) football Stadium here

Designer for the new Tottenham (Londok uk) football Stadium here

Ask me anything

Go back to plebbit you cockmongler

And take your fish and chips with you

Your contribution is appreciated

don;t you think the billions being shovelled into football could be better spent on all the struggling athletes who aren't getting recognition and/or sponsorship because all the money's being thrown at largely untalented part-timers who might score 3 goals in a season?

Is your firm hiring? :D I am an architect, fluent in English, Turkish and Ex-Yugoslav languages.

Got mates who work on that site.

So tell me, who’s the electrical/mechanical contractor if you really the designer

Totally agree - I'm not really interested in football, this stadium is just another job for me

Mace and BHE are the main contractors

potential for an epic prank here. Could you design in a small arsenal logo (without the writing, like pic related) to be engraved somewhere inconspicuous, or only able to be seen from above or something. then after its finished well release the details of it and spurs fans will go fucking ballistic. what do you think op?

This.

I used to spend thousands travelling every year to watch rangers before they went bust. Great days and bad days. When we went into administration and then everyone decided they were a fan just annoyed me. Wednesday nights against low league teams in cups got 17000 then when shit went down the stadium was packed. Went on to watch a documentary about how the club was bled dry by players we idolized. Double contracts and tax evasion to the hilt.

TL;DR football fans are fickle and its dictated by millionaires and people who are happy to steal from you no matter how much you love them

forgot pic

I'm glad you asked, we always recruit from Sup Forums

Is there any part of the stadium, that whilst designing it, you couldn't be arsed and thought "fuck it that'll do"?

If you’re really the designer, who’s financing the stadium?

Arsenal, your team name starts with arse.

Anyway, no... But I've seen the guys on construction drawing or scratching other teams names ECT in to parts of the stadium that will be closed up or hidden from view once construction is complete

Yes.. the entire construction project is now at that point with it being rushed to try and be complete on time

A holdings company that's actually just a little flat/shop over the road from the stadium.. I forget the name

Btw I'm one of the designers, the whole thing is not just done by one poor sod

Yea bro. Harry Kane, Eriksen, Dele Alli? Garbage. Who wants to watch them play? Non-league players deserve more cash.

Yeah like I said, i agree and I have no love for football.

The answer is a loan from Goldman, BAOML and HSBC, but I’m inclined to believe you as you gave the correct address of the holding company for Spurs.

A few questions.

1) how much are you/your company being paid?
2) will it be ready for August 2018?
3) has it been designed to become host of the London NFL franchise?

I'll skip your first question as it might point at which company I work for!

2 - honestly.. i don't know. The large majority of contractors on the site will tell you there is not a chance in hell. Major corners are being cut in order to get the stadium complete In time. I can say with confidence tho that if there is any chance spurs will play there next year.. at the very least the first few games will be changed to be away to allow more time.

3 - Yes. The stadium has very large changing rooms specifically for NFL. The retractable grass pitch uncovers a second pitch for NFL

>3) has it been designed to become host of the London NFL franchise?

This is the most important question.

>3 - Yes. The stadium has very large changing rooms specifically for NFL. The retractable grass pitch uncovers a second pitch for NFL

Why would they use a second pitch for the NFL?

can airplane fuel melt steel?

Because playing NFL on the pitch will destroy it. Plus double fixtures on the pitch would wear it out. The pitch retracts in to what can be used as an underground car park - it is temprature controlled and has special UV grass grow lights

Thanks for answering m8. Interesting points around it being ready for the NFL franchise.

How does working for a football club as a client differ vs clients from other sectors?

No but it can heat it to a temperature that will cause it to become 'soft' enough to bend or collapse if it's under any load... like the weight of a building

Its Riducolous. Daniel levey and even his wife strut about the place demanding unresonable changes. Tiles in some of the bathrooms have been ripped out and changed 4 times because he didn't like them. Money is no object.

ridiculous** Butter fingers

You got Kik? Thread might die soon, but it would be interesting to carry on this conversation.

No sorry, Think fast!

Is there ever any discussion among you about how the cost will impact the club?

What’s a cool design feature that isn’t out in the public yet that you can reveal?

Has Brexit impacted the construction due to labour shortages?

Not at all - I don't really think money is an issue. I would say the whole project has over run in costs but we are talking a few hundred million, that's only a couple of good players.

There is a giant metal cockeral sat on the roof of the stadium. I'm not sure if that has been made public yet as I haven't seen it show up in any of the pics. There's is also a glass walk way that hangs from the roof for VIPS. again not sure if that public yet

Not at all, there is no shortage of construction labour. Not even close! Brexit has had 0 impact

Do you know if they’ve named any of the stands yet?

Have you ever worked on any stadia before, if so how does this compare?

And how does it to compare to other projects of similar cost and scale you’ve worked on?

Not that I'm privvy too

Yes, see below.

Again, terrible. This has to be hands down the worst, most disorganised and badly run construction project ( nevermind stadium) that I have ever worked on. I'm yet to find some one that disagrees!

Why’s it so bad?

When you start another one of your retarded I'm a xxxxxx AMA threads do you do any research beforehand to make yourself seem to have even the smallest shred of credibility or do you just wing it?

Labour shortages? What sort of fucking question is that?

He said that it’s behind schedule, that would seem an obvious reason why, so I asked.

What's your opinion of Eduardo Herrera?

Do you think Dele Alli should shave or do you like his bush?

Actual designer or just intern?

How easy would it be to fit 'safe standing' on that big single tier?