Has the human mind evolved to speeds faster than possible to transmit using current language?

Has the human mind evolved to speeds faster than possible to transmit using current language?

In order for the human mind to reach it's fullest potential, wouldn't we need a new language capable of processing information as fast as our minds have been conditioned to.

Our short attention spans are paying off. This is evolution.

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/191/
youtube.com/watch?v=94RfZey9iV4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Theory:

Humanity has evolved all these years by smart people using language as a tool to separate the smart from the dumb.

A new language could completely rewire the way our minds process informations, resulting in increased human potential!

Previously, a new language could gain converters through religion, but that was when civilization was restricted to continents.

We are a global society now. We need something more.

Religion as a trojan horse to rewire human cognition via launguage is brilliant, really, but it trickles down to an overall aesthetic as a whole. Audibly, visually - maybe this is why religious relics are so prevalent among ancient civilizations.

They knew language was the key to evolution, so they branded it as religion. Gave people something to follow, good guys to root for, etc.

art was the catalyst. With the proper religious imagery, an entire civilation could be required to a mindset - a flow of thought, all stemming from a new language that pushed the boundaries of the human mind forward.

my proposal:

we create an AI to create a new human language. The purpose of this language will be A.) to convey thoughts faster than currently allowed by modern language B.) to communicate with the AI for a very specific purpose - to trace the origins of man and find a way to live forever because every great religion has eternal salvation.

re*wired*

not "required"

imagine it. a language that trump voters wouldn't have the cognitive wherewithal to learn.

Think about it. Nearly every major keystone in human civilization can be marked by a unique language/writing system in conjunction with a specific religion.

We are currently AT one of those turning points. It's up to us to push the needle forward.

Ever heard of lojban?

current language follows a linear pattern.

our minds are evolving toward a branching pattern that sees the big picture at once. This is the result of overstimulation and short attention spans.

It can also be linked to depressions, stress, and anxiety. Our current thought patterns weigh minute pros and cons before making final choices. It slows us down and builds frustions that we then project in other ways (being tired/lazy, irritableness, anxiety-induced procrastination).

In short, the world can't keep up with how fast we think.

We need to take it into our own hands. For evolution and for a faster-thinking future.

nope. just checked it out. Reminds me a bit of Lingwa de planeta. They're both aesthetically laid out too linear for how I believe the human brain is being conditioned to function.

Maybe something more conceptual and abstract similar to the language used by the aliens in The Arrival.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the world's most powerful people were already aware of this fact and that movie was a secretly coded message/call to arms of sorts.

Something like this, but far less advanced. Maybe something more similar to constellations with words instead of stars branching out in different directions around a focal point, but there needs to be a way for the imagery to be spoken which becomes the tricky part.

so that's why we need to create an AI to do it for us. it would just need to be heavily guarded because this language would, in effect, be responsible for mapping out basic human thought logic structure for centuries to come. That sort of power could easily be taken advantage of and humanity could be rewired toward an agenda (i.e. religion.)

this right here though is along the exact same lines I was thinking holy shit!!!

xkcd.com/191/

Fuck it. Haters can't keep me down. Evolution, mfers.

Don't need to invent a completely new language, you can augment an existing one. DRAKON visual language, for example, is basically a set of rules to make sane flowcharts and works really well. Russians have programmed their whole Buran shuttle in it.

But who wouldn't WANT to hang out with people like this!

youtube.com/watch?v=94RfZey9iV4

>Has the
No.
>wouldn't we need a new language
A new language would allow our minds to work faster.
>Our short attention span
And that's why the majority of humanity will perish in the next 100 years. Tide pods, bleach enemas and climate change.

Yes, get the inhuman agent to craft values for human agents. That will go well.
Humans are now relegated to their habitats and culled according to the warden based on air quality and number of cats per square kilometer.

too much wasted effort sounding things out for logic sake. need a more conceptual-based form of language that can be both written faster, but still in a way that makes sense phonetically and logically similar to lojban, whereas, insteaad of sounding out a word that forms a sentance that forms a thought, it's all tied together in the imagery of the language itself. maybe too advanced for the current human brain. While I think lojban is a step in the right direction, i don't think it is big enough of a step to hack/jumpstart and evolutionary leap.

who is "they" ?

the ones who turned the tides in favor of mental evolution using language as a weapon to push humanity into a new dawn. I'm certain it's been done and thought of before.

telepathy?

This is the era of flat earthers and plausible deniability. A language based on a binary t/f system wouldn't work.

it wouldn't be a black/white yes/no binary system.

the key is conceptual and abstract, but decipherable. The ones who can't adapt get weeded out by darwinism.

but

the main goal of the language NEEDS to be this:

to facilitate a faster stream of consciousness that takes equally minimal effort to write as it does to comprehend.

>it wouldn't be a black/white yes/no binary system
all binary systems are y/n, user. without exception. that's what, by definition, makes them binary.

i know, i'm just emphasizing that a binary system isn't what's needed to allow our minds to push us forward at the rate that we think.

the human thought process stems from the way we are taught language, to an extent. When the mind outpaces the language of the time, it's time to upgrade.